“really really bad service”
Review of Hermann Motel

Hermann Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hermann
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Very dirty rooms with owners that did not seem to care. I was amazed at the cheap feel of the place. Old stuff in the rooms and in need of updating. It just had a cheap feel. Price was too high for the quality of the stay. No TV hardly to speak of. Smelled like dig smoke and dirt. I am sure the comforter could be in a csi episode.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank farmfriendly

Reviewed 7 May 2013

room was small and uncomfortable, badly needs updating, bathroom was to small, the bathtub was set half way back into the wall, sink was plugged, carpet felt dirty, however room seemed clean and the bed was comfortable, tv programming was poor, no movie stations, just talk show, news and sports stations

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before paying for it
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We (4) stayed here on our Katy Trail bike ride on April 4,2013. It was almost vacant but very comfortatable. The rooms where older looking than your typical chain hotel but everything worked and you could tell that updates had been made in the bathrooms and the beds where firm and comfy. I was actually surprised because from some of the previous reviews I thought this place was going to be our worst night out of the 3 on the trail,; However, it was even better than the Ritzy hotel in Jefferson City that was twice as expensive.Oh yeah, good coffee in the morning and great pasteries that had been bought at a local store. Nothing fancy, BUT GOOD.This place reminded ne of some of the cool, mom and pop motels that I remember going to while vacationing with my parents in the seventies.WITH UPDATES OF COURSE!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2012

There is really nothing more to say. It was terrible. I honestly was thinking about driving home as I was horrified and in tears.I felt so dirty and all I wanted to do was go home and shower. It is very difficult to continue to share any more thoughts as I really want to forget I was there. I knew going in it was going to be a horrible experience as I read the reviews of others who also had stayed there. In the future if I plan a trip to the wineries, and this is the only place to stay. Herman will loose my business.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 30somethingfemale
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Appalled and embarrassed

Myself and a friend stayed here 11/17. We were in town for the wine trail. We met up with other friends that had already checked into other rooms the night before. Since we couldn't check in till 3 p.m. we went on to do the wine tour and later came back to the motel. I went to the front desk; checked in and inquired about shower problems that your friends were having. (they couldn't get the shower to work) The woman working at the front desk instructed our friend to pull down on the spout. She advised that ours would work the same way. (However we were never able to get it to work) We quickly dropped our bags in the room and left for dinner. We didn't turn in that evening till late. When I did I turned back the bedspread and found that there was what appeared to be small blood spots on the underside of bed cover. I completely moved it to the side and planned to speak of it at check out. The next morning after using the restroom I found that the toilet would not flush correctly. When I checked out I said as much to the man behind the counter. We mentioned our concerns to the staff at the chamber of commerce (Visitor's center) She called the staff and they advised her to have us come back to the motel to which we did. In retrospect I wish we had not. The woman behind the counter (I'm guessing she is the co-owner or maybe his wife) was very rude; stating that the items; shower DOES work, the heat DOES work (Because that wasn't working either) She stated to my face with a lobby full of people that maybe I didn't use the toilet correctly. I was appalled and embarrassed. My friend staying with me over heard their staff (whom were cleaning our room) point and talk about how (and what) we left in the room and that we needed to leave! Again...appalled and embarrassed! I will NOT be staying here again and suggest that no one else does either!

Room Tip: Find different lodging.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Stayed with a group of 15 friends in 4 rooms during weekend of October 26th and even though the housekeeping does need improvement, it is an average motel and their continental breakfast has a lot to be desired. My comments deal mainly with the honesty of the owners and maid that found the 2 rings that I lost in my room and they found under a coffee pot a week later after I called to report them missing and knew I had left them there. I figured my mother's ring and diamond anniversary ring were gone forever and I was heart broken and cried for 4 days, so you can imagine how Thankful I am for their honesty in contacting me when they were found. Thanks again Hermann Motel personnel!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2012

we've been staying at hermann motel from last 4 years and we have same experience of very clean room each time we stay.we always make reservation at last moment.each time we had diffrent type of room.but one thing was common and that is cleanliness.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermann
Cedar Creek
#1 of 1 in High Hill
Stone Haus B&B
Stone Haus B&B
#12 of 51 in Hermann

Been to Hermann Motel? Share your experiences!