“No frills just excellent food”

Downtown Deli & Custard Shoppe
Ranked #10 of 31 Restaurants in Hermann
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: American, Deli
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: On the food side, we are a deli featuring house baked breads, hand sliced meats and cheeses along with hand patted burgers, home made chips, and soups in the winter time. On the sweet side, we offer creamy frozen custard as well as hand dipped ice cream with lots of different toppings and mixins.
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We visited the Deli on a Thursday after the lunch rush. I had a chocolate malt and the Reuben. Both were really tasty and hit the spot! The Reuben had just the right amount of cheese, kraut, meat and sauce and the chips had an amazing seasoning on them. Parmesan cheese and... ? The food was served on styrofoam plates which is absolutely one of my least favorite substances but it's really the only issue I have. This is not a fancy place nor does it try to be. It's serving good, quality, tasty food in a very serviceable atmosphere and does it very well. The kids in here work hard and do a great job. Thank you for a very good lunch!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Nice, casual place for a quick lunch sandwich or ice cream cone. Excellent service, convenient location to other walkable destinations in downtown Hermann.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had the chicken strips, just run of the mill chicken strips, the atmosphere was small town which was cool, I would eat there again if I was there but not make a trip there to eat.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stopped in for lunch and custard. I got a salad which tasted fine, nothing to write home about but not bad. The custard was not the best I have had, but also not terrible. I would probably not stop here again.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were walking and shopping in the downtown shops and decided to stop by for a scoop of custard. It was simply amazing! The location and décor transplant you back to yesteryear. We will be back!