“Outstanding service, food and rooms”
Review of Alpenhorn Gasthaus

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hermann
Alpenhorn Gasthaus
Ranked #5 of 51 Hermann B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Located on the edge of town, therefore quiet and relaxing. A beautiful setting...wine cellar, patio area and hot tub all adding up to a very unique and restful experience. Great breakfast!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 September 2009

Just got back from an amazing weekend at Alpenhorn. What a great place! I've never stayed at a B&B so I was a little unsure of whether or not I'd like it. From the moment we arrived, we felt right at home. Kate and Adrian are the best! It's clear how much thought and detail they've put into everything from the decor of the quaint little cottage we stayed in, to the delicious breakfasts! It was so nice to visit the area wineries and then relax under the stars in the hot tub. We went here to celebrate our 2nd anniversary and this place just completely exceeded our expectations. There's a reason this place is rated #1! We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2009

We spend two absolutely wonderful days and nights at the Alpenhorn. The innkeepers, Adrian and Kate, couldn't have been more gracious. Plus, the gourmet breakfasts were "to die for." It was a perfect way to celebrate our birthdays!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2009

In August my husband was gone for a week on business and my daughter was visiting grandparents, which left me alone. What's a girl to do? How about pack a bag and head for the best B&B in Hermann? I stayed the night at Alpenhorn, renting "Das Kline Haus" (The Little House). What a wonderful experience! Since I had eaten a substantial lunch before arriving, I snacked on cheese and crackers for dinner at the picnic table by the chickens. One of the cats came to keep me company (and mooch small pieces of cheese from me). The hot tub is a must; relaxing under the stars is amazing! I took advantage of the common room and watched a movie, sampled the cookies, and also the tea. The bed was very comfortable; I found that when I opened both windows in the Little House I had a wonderful crossbreeze. After a good night's rest I was treated to an enjoyable (and very pretty!) breakfast., and then I was on my way. My stay was everything I had hoped it would be....I'll definitely remember this B&B for future visits to Hermann!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2009

The wonderful hosts picked me up at the tourist center in Hermann because I could not bike another inch. After recuperating in the hot tub, they also drove us into town for a meal, and picked us up afterward. Nothing could have been better. The morning's breakfast was scrumptious, too. We plan to go back with friends.

Reviewed 20 July 2009

My wife and I had a wonderful time at the Alpenhorn Gasthaus. We stayed in the "tiny house" behind the main house and loved it. The weather was so great in the middle of July that we were able to leave the windows open all the time. So, each morning we woke up to sheep grazing right outside our window.

Our favorite part was the cooking class that Kate and Adrian put on for us. We all worked together to create a wonderful meal and enjoyed some great wine with some fun conversation. An experience we will remember for a long time.

You won't find another B&B in Hermann with such great hosts and style.

Reviewed 16 July 2009

Beautiful, serene setting with an oh-so-very European flair. Of course, it doesn't hurt when the propriertor meets you at the door with his quiet, but distinctive Swiss accent. From the outdoor shower (for guest perusal after a soak in the hot tub) to the warmed coffee mugs in the morning, amenities abound, including a seemingly sincere interest and concern for their guests. We have stayed at many B&Bs throughout the Midwest, but few match the friendliness and care with which Adrian and Kate treat their guests. Breakfast is memorable and quite satisfying (the whole grain banana pancakes carried us well through our 50 mile bike trek of the day). Departure will bring only a desire for a quick return to the brick homestead, chickens, and quiet of the Alpenhorn.