“Smiling Service With Fantastic Food & Attention To Detail”
Review of Alpenhorn Gasthaus

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hermann
Alpenhorn Gasthaus
Ranked #4 of 50 Hermann B&B and Inns
Saint Charles, MO
“Smiling Service With Fantastic Food & Attention To Detail”
Reviewed 21 October 2009

Our visit and stay in the Kings Room was pleasing to all of the senses. Using our sense of sight we enjoyed taking in the history of the Alpenhorn Gausthaus, beginning with the bricks, large windows & beautiful bed. Our eyes drank in the beauty of the home as Kate gave us the tour.

Next with our sense of smell and taste, we enjoyed the scrumptious raspberry desserts and ports during our Chocolate & Wine Rendezvous in the candle lit cellar at 9 pm. We were accompanied by another couple staying at the Gausthaus and enjoyed the conversation with our evening.
In the morning Kate served us a Gourmet Full Service Breakfast in the Harvest Room. A thick sliced type of Frenchtoast topped with a fruit medley was accompanied by poached eggs and sausages. The champaigne Mimosa was a wonderful compliment to the meal.

The guest book in the nice quiet room was a treat, as it was a glimpse the lives of those who had stayed before us. I enjoyed adding my own personal experiences to the journal. I enjoyed reading the book of poetry as I relaxed in the comfortable chairs in my room and tasted the chocolates. The shower was refreshing and had great water pressure and plush towels. The flickering fireplace was romantic and a nice touch as well as the warm and cozy robes.
Our stay was enjoyable and romantic and peaceful.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 14 October 2009

This was my first stay in this wonderful Hermann area B&B and I have already booked for 2010. For the last 8-9 years I have led a group to Hermann for the Oktoberfest there and in Augusta. This year we had 4 couples, so we had the entire B&B as a group. We did the Chocolate and Wine Cellar event on Friday evening and it was fantastic. We all did their Dinner at 8ish on Saturday night and it was outstanding as well. Great hosts in Kate and Adrian, friendly pets and animals on the grounds, nice quite setting and wonderful rooms.

Curtis & Liz - Prairie Village, KS

Reviewed 12 October 2009

I have been at many B&B's over the years. Usually a bit too cute for my tastes but my wife likes that stuff. Food is usually passable and hosts congenial. I expected that for our first stay at the Alpenhorn. That is not what I found. This place made my guy side really comfortable. We found an old but amazingly well cared for brick, two-story home from the early 1800’s. Wood floors you could easily drool on if not careful. A great gathering room where amongst friends in our party, we listened to old Beatles records, played Yatzee, and talked within an atmosphere that is by no means overly cute and stifling. The gathering room has a large picture of a very old Swiss town that is the proprietor’s hometown. Adrian treated us to historical insights of an old bridge showing in the painting burning down.

Had the chocolate and port dessert experience in the very large wine cellar under the house. Also treated ourselves to an evening dinner catered at the Alpenhorn by Adrian and Kate. Highly recommend both.

Adrian and Kate, the owners, were attentive, cordial, never in the way or bothersome. I thoroughly enjoined talking to and listening to conversations when they were around. They have an amazing knowledge of Hermann history as well as contemporary subjects relating to the area. They are living source books as well as fantastic cooks and wine connoisseurs.

We left so sorry the weekend was over, missing the total quietness of the setting, the evening in the hot tub, the walks around the extensive and well-manicured surrounding grounds, watching the chickens and sheep (from afar) and just generally soaking in a world right out of the 1830's.

We made reservations for next year before we departed to return to KC, KS. While in Hermann in the future, we will never stay anywhere else from now on.
Go, enjoy and sock away a ton of memories of a gentler, quieter, more serene lifestyle. Perhaps we will meet you there. October for Oktoberfest is our thing…

Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Located on the edge of town, therefore quiet and relaxing. A beautiful setting...wine cellar, patio area and hot tub all adding up to a very unique and restful experience. Great breakfast!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2009

Just got back from an amazing weekend at Alpenhorn. What a great place! I've never stayed at a B&B so I was a little unsure of whether or not I'd like it. From the moment we arrived, we felt right at home. Kate and Adrian are the best! It's clear how much thought and detail they've put into everything from the decor of the quaint little cottage we stayed in, to the delicious breakfasts! It was so nice to visit the area wineries and then relax under the stars in the hot tub. We went here to celebrate our 2nd anniversary and this place just completely exceeded our expectations. There's a reason this place is rated #1! We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2009

We spend two absolutely wonderful days and nights at the Alpenhorn. The innkeepers, Adrian and Kate, couldn't have been more gracious. Plus, the gourmet breakfasts were "to die for." It was a perfect way to celebrate our birthdays!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 1 September 2009

In August my husband was gone for a week on business and my daughter was visiting grandparents, which left me alone. What's a girl to do? How about pack a bag and head for the best B&B in Hermann? I stayed the night at Alpenhorn, renting "Das Kline Haus" (The Little House). What a wonderful experience! Since I had eaten a substantial lunch before arriving, I snacked on cheese and crackers for dinner at the picnic table by the chickens. One of the cats came to keep me company (and mooch small pieces of cheese from me). The hot tub is a must; relaxing under the stars is amazing! I took advantage of the common room and watched a movie, sampled the cookies, and also the tea. The bed was very comfortable; I found that when I opened both windows in the Little House I had a wonderful crossbreeze. After a good night's rest I was treated to an enjoyable (and very pretty!) breakfast., and then I was on my way. My stay was everything I had hoped it would be....I'll definitely remember this B&B for future visits to Hermann!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermann
Cedar Creek
#8 of 50 in Hermann
Stone Haus B&B
Stone Haus B&B
#15 of 50 in Hermann

Been to Alpenhorn Gasthaus? Share your experiences!