“Beautiful location, excellent wine, good German food”
Review of Vintage Restaurant

Vintage Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Hermann
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Today, the renowned Vintage Restaurant is just steps from the main house of the Stone Hill Winery, and provides the perfect meal with the perfect wine. Over the years, the restaurant has catered to thousands of lucky diners, serving contemporary world cuisine, including German specialties, paired with Stone Hill Winery's award-winning wines. That's why it was nominated a "Best German Restaurant in America" by GermanDeli. With its charm and warmth, the Vintage Restaurant provides the perfect setting for post-winery dining, rehearsal dinners, group tours and corporate meetings.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The food is pretty authentic German food, as judged by Wisconsinites living among many German families and restaurants. Affordable and good food and wine.
They have some great events - that we will have to miss because of the long drive. If we were local, we would try some.,

Dinner in the refurbished horse stalls is a unique experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We ate here with six other friends. The food was outstanding, from appetizer to dessert. The decor was understated and elegant considering we were eating in a horse stall - refinished as if a horse had never stood there. Service was excellent and while moderately expensive - still a great value for the food quality and service. The menu in itself challenges me to return. In a direct reflection of the town it shares it's history with this restaurant will create a great memory and will beg for a return trip.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The dinner was good and price was reasonable. Clean and did not sit too many guest. Service was personable.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We come visit here 1-3 times a year. Always go to the winery and restaurant. We came on a Monday and it was BOGO schnitzel !!!! Perfect just what we wanted. I prefer the jäger sauce while my husband likes the dill sauce. Delicious!!! We will be back

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Over all the food was good, but nothing special. Some items I liked and some I didn't care for at all. I'm not sure I would go out of my way to eat here, but since we were visiting Stone Hill Winery it was convenient.

The host and welcome was great. We were promptly shown to our table. Our waitress was a little slow to get to us at first, but she had a large party she was seeing too so we didn't mind too much. The host came over and took our drink order to help her out. It was nice to see the teamwork.

We started with the fried pickles. Sadly, this was my favorite item. I would order them again. I went simple and had a sandwich. It was good, but nothing special. I did enjoy the potato pancake that I got as my side item. My friend had the pork with red cabbage and German potato salad. The pork had a nice flavor, but the cabbage and potato salad we didn't like. The vinegar was a little much in the potato salad.

I'm not sure I would drive out of my way to dine here. Even if I revisited Stone Hill I think I would drive into town and try something different next time.