“Reasonably priced and large rooms” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wine Valley Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hermann
Wine Valley Inn
Ranked #39 of 50 Hermann B&B and Inns
El Cerrito, California
“Reasonably priced and large rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

It was ok. I kind of felt like I was staying at my grandma's house. The breakfast was pretty good. The room was HUGE, almost too big because the TV was so far away and wasn't very big so it wasn't the best viewing experience. In-room internet access was not very good. Everything was a little out of date, but I didn't really have a problem with that. It seemed clean at first glance, but I found an open bag of chips behind the nightstand and got some breadcrumbs stuck to the bottom of my foot on my first night there...eeew. I didn't complain, mostly because I though this was the best Hermann had to offer. I soon discovered there were much nicer places to stay, if you were willing to shell out some serious cash. Would I stay here again? Maybe. It seemed to be a good value, nicer than the crappy cheap places, and not as expensive as the really nice places. If I had enough money, I'd probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
SAINT PETERS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at this delightful B & B in downtown Hermann in the heart of wine country. Our suite was spacious and had a nice bay window, electric fireplace and of course ambiance! The inn is within walking distance of antique stores, a chocolate store and several unique shops. The stonehill winery is maybe 5 minutes away and we visit it every time we come to town. There is a vintage restaurant on the grounds that serves delicious German dishes (not to mention their own wine!). The inn has a quaint little patio between their two buildings where you can people watch and enjoy a bottle of wine. The staff is very friendly and makes sure you have everything you need..plus they serve a delicious breakfast! This is a great place for couples to relax and enjoy the ambiance of a small town.

Room Tip: The suites are very spacious.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

For the money.. much improvements are needed. Cheap quality towels, no TV in the bedroom- only in the "sitting area." SMALL shower, could not be able to shave legs in the shower. Can't complain on the cleanliness. One of the more reasonable priced inns in Herman.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for.. hard to find reasonable price places to stay in Herman on busy weekends.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

I recently stayed the weekend at Wine Valley Inn. The staff and breakfast was fantastic!!! If you are planning on visiting Hermann, I highly recommend this bed and breakfast. Will stay there again on my next visit! Rooms were priced great and were very spacious.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Simba301
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a trip to Hermann. We were a group of 5 couples. The Wine Valley Inn was very comfortable. Our room was very spacious and clean. It felt like a nice guest room in someone's home rather than a hotel. Our group enjoyed the courtyard and firepit after vistiting the nearby wineries. Lodging in Hermann is not cheap and the inn did seem a bit overpriced, but overall it was a good experience. We would stay at Wine Valley Inn again.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

Was okay but nothing fantastic. Think we got what we paid for which was essentially a hotel room with breakfast. Nice location relative to the downtown Hermann area. Easy to walk to shops and the Railway Depot. Not bad yet could have been so much better.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

Our Colorado Bicycle Touring Club booked all the rooms at The Wine Valley Inn for October 18, 2012 and were disappointed by the poor service and unresponsiveness of the staff and the owner. We had several unrelated individuals in rooms with a sofa bed. The beds were unmade and the staff did not provide sheets and blankets for the guests. The office was not open until the time indicated (8PM) and no one returned our phone calls on the after hours phone number. Many of the rooms were not well cleaned and one guest received multiple insect bites of an unknown nature. When I called the owner to report our dissatisfaction, I did not receive a return phone call. I would not recommend the Inn and learned that the long term staff had been dismissed just before our arrival.

Stayed October 2012