We stayed here for our anniversary...in making the reservation, the staff set our expectations high..our experience was one of over-promising and under-delivering. First, we ran into a snag when we booked a cottage that, as it later turned out, was unavailable (even though the website showed it as available and we booked over the phone with hotel staff who said it was available). We ended up staying in a room at the lodge, rather than a cottage. The friendly front desk person told us that guests in the lodge were "pampered."
Pampering is of course in they eye of the beholder. While we didnt' need to be pampered, one of us has severe food allergies (gluten, lactose) and asked if the staff could a) accommodate when it came to breakfast (and the much-touted dessert) and b) recommend some restaurants. The desk person assured me they could accommodate and would have have waiting for me on arrival a list of recommended restaurants that could accommodate my allergies. Neither proved to be true - no list on arrival (and only two restaurants in town that could truly accommodate my allergies, both of which were good, by the way - see our related review of the Black Walnut Bistro). On the first night, staff said they were "looking for some gluten free cookie mix" because they had "run out" - in the end, no gluten free dessert ever materialized on either night of our stay. Additionally, my confidence that breakfast was truly gluten free was shattered when the person delivering it said "I guess the potato casserole is gluten free...the cereal mixed in it is corn flakes but I'm not sure what else is in there."
Last, the room we stayed in is a bit dated - as an example, it has an old "big box" (not flat panel) TV and a VCR/DVD player. We wanted to watch a move, but we were delayed because it took staff an hour to get it to work. They did kindly give us a $20 gift certificate for the trouble, but the point is that the TV and other items need updating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Hermann's premium lodging with two unique properties. Hermann Hill Vineyard Inn & Spa offers an upscale bed and breakfast experience including premium hot tub and sauna rooms and an onsite spa. The River Bluff Cottages overlooking the Missouri River include spacious living and kitchen areas, private decks with hot tubs and grills, rain forest steam showers, and two fireplaces in each. Both locations offer breakfast delivery. Massage services are available at either location, although the cottages also have the option of in-room and private deck massage services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hermann Hill Vineyard Inn & Spa and River Bluff Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermann Hill Hotel Hermann
- Hermann Hill Vineyard And Inn