Hermann Hill Vineyard Inn & Spa and River Bluff Cottages
Ranked #1 of 50 Hermann B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Our daughters and their families gave us this two night stay at the Inn for Christmas, and we loved every minute. Immediately made to feel welcome with a short tour of the main living space, then on to our room (Vignoles on 2nd floor) where a warm bread and cheese tray with glasses of wine were delivered. Luxurious sheets, romantic fireplace, beautiful views overlooking the town, awesome steam shower, luxurious private hot tub room with another fireplace and more great views, hot cookies and ice cream every night delivered to our door, and a awesome breakfast every morning (choice of room delivery or in the dining room) all very clean and beautifully decorated.
We rang the "Soul Mates" gong 34 times in the Forest of the Gongs...walked the "three mile walk" (be sure to get the map from the gift shop, it's free), enjoyed all the historical buildings in town, toured Stonehill Winery and Adam Puchta Winery.
We will definitely come back!

Reviewed 16 February 2013

My husband and I were looking for a place to spend Valentine's Day together relaxing, enjoying the ammenities promised and tasting wine! Hermann Hill was just that place! I picked it based solely on other tripadvisors reviews. There were no rooms available 2/14, so we went a day earlier. We stayed in an upstairs cottage and knew immediately we had made the right choice. Everything the reviewers had reported was true! Hot tub-relaxing! Fireplace-warm and romantic! Bed-comfortable! Steam shower-aahhhh!
Notice that I left out the food. I knew we would be on our own for food prep, but the food itself was unimpressive. The pop over was very dry and the casserole kind of tasteless. You can request that the food be delivered each morning for an extra $35---If in your budget, that might be a better option.
We have stayed at a number of B and B's and look forward to the latter "B" as much as the Bed.
This would be an IDEAL honeymoon spot (not so interested in the food) ;)
If we go again, we will try the inn rooms.

Room Tip: Very steep hills in and out of our cottage room, rethink high heels!
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Six years ago, I surprise my wife with a trip to Hermann Hill for her birthday, and we've been going back every year since. We always stay in the Riverbluff Cottages, primarily for the seclusion/privacy factor. The cottages are impeccably clean, beautifully decorated, and luxuriously appointed.

We love being able to say in our cottage and just enjoy each other's company. We usually take advantage of the traveling massage service, and spend quite a bit of time in the hot tub and the 2-person jacuzzi.

We will be back again and again.

Room Tip: Try the upper floors of the cottages - the vaulted ceilings and dormer windows make the rooms appear...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2013

This little getaway to Hermann, MO was for our nineteenth anniversary. The town of Hermann is entirely quaint and picturesque, and populated by several wineries. I would call Hermann Hill the premier place to stay in the area. Everything from the very first contact with the staff over the phone to our check out this morning was warm and courteous and professional. Our room was beautiful with lots of luxuries; a fireplace, amazing view of the vineyards and the valley, as well as the sunrise (see pictures), a steam shower, jacuzzi, private patio, and wifi. The owners and staff here have thought of everything. There are dozens of little touches throughout the inn itself and each individual room. There is a nightly cookie delivery, where staff knocks on your door and leaves cookies for you. And this isn't just Chips Ahoy on a paper plate we're talking - these are thick, hearty, freshly-baked cookies and brownies served with a dish of ice cream by candlelight.

While my husband went on a run, I had a massage. It was amazing. I was very pleased with the quality of the massage I received. I wish I could remember my masseuse's name because she was really good. She wasn't overly chatty which I love in a masseuse, and she really took the time to find out where problem areas were and what I wanted out of the massage.

The breakfasts were tremendous. I definitely recommend both their Belgian waffles and their French toast. We had mimosas, fresh fruit, excellent coffee, and we ate in the kitchen where we got to meet and talk to another couple. That is the part of B&B accommodations that we really enjoy.

We were very pleased with our stay (the 65 degree weather didn't hurt either) and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Vidal room and felt it was perfect. However it is down two levels, so if you're...
Reviewed 27 January 2013

This was my first experience with a bed and breakfast and i'm pretty sure i'll compare Hermann hill to everywhere else and doubt the other places will be able to compete with them. They go above and beyond with accomodations! The breakfast was amazing and i love we got a choice to have it delivered since we stayed in the inn! The place was so romantic! We got spoiled with the cookies and ice cream before bed!!Did i mention that the owner himself delivered our cookies and ice cream?? yes very personable place and they make you feel like a king and queen for your stay! We will def be going back! This was the best xmas/bday gift my boyfriend has given me yet!!!

Room Tip: If you stay actually at the inn you can get your breakfast in bed and the hot tub is inside a beauti...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenandbrian_13
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This was an absolutely beautiful Bed and Breakfast! They went WAY out of their way to accomodate my chemical allergies. All the bedding and towels were washed in unscented detergent. The room was so pretty, and the breakfasts were delicious.
We would highly recommend Hermann Hill as THE place to spend a relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: I loved the Port room that we had--it faced the Vineyard.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nikkiMemphis
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I've stayed at Hermann Hill several times a year for the past 7 years. It's always a great experience. The staff is extremely helpful, but gives you all the privacy you need. For the past several years we have stayed in the cottages, however on our most recent visit we returned to the main house to experience the new renovation. It was great. Our room included a private hot tub, sauna, and second fireplace. You pay a premium here, but its worth it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermann
Cedar Creek
Hermann Crown Suites
#8 of 50 in Hermann
Cobbler Room & Cottage B&B and Massage
Harbor Haus Inn & Suites

Been to Hermann Hill Vineyard Inn & Spa and River Bluff Cottages? Share your experiences!