We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hermann
Montague's Bed and Breakfast, BBQ and Philosopher's Coffeehouse
Ranked #37 of 50 Hermann B&B and Inns
nyc
“Great B&B”
Reviewed 13 August 2008

I stayed there with 6 members of my family for 5 nights, used it as a home base to attend a family reunion and visit various relatives in the area. Everyone was comfortable, the bedrooms were very spacious and the common area was a nice sized living room. Louis makes an excellent and varied breakfast and the lunch BBQ is great. The third floor stairs are a bit steep for some, but were fine for me. Other than that, it was full of character and nice smells form the kitchen. Great place, would stay again.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dayton
Reviewed 10 June 2008

I tried to contact Montague's half a dozen times, through email and phone messages simply to buy a gift certificate for a birthday present. This lasted over a week, with absolutely no attempt by Montague's owners to call or email me back.

If they are too busy to make a couple hundred dollars, they must be too busy for customers, so I will never stay there.

Stayed June 2008
STL
Reviewed 3 February 2008

I was involved in a German Mardi Gras festival in Hermann, and the wife and I decided to go early, celebrate until the wee hours, and not have to deal with driving back to the city. I researched the B&Bs online for about two hours and (having never been to a Bed&Breakfast) was kind of taken aback at the prices. Montague's was one of the few in our price range, and I can't say that I was overly impressed with the photos posted on their website. But the price won out, and we booked the 3rd floor "Attic Room." We were pleasantly surprised when we got there and actually saw the building and the rooms. The photos on the site don't really give a good feel for the size of the rooms. Ours was very spacious (especially for something billed as an "Attic Room") and the rooms on the second floor are apparently even more so, complete with 12-foot high ceilings. The decor is more on the rustic than the Victorian side, with lots of hardwood floors and furnishings. The floors and stairs creak and groan a little bit, but you ARE in a 150 year-old house. There is a light and not unpleasant odor of smoked hickory (courtesy of the BBQ restaurant downstairs) to the whole place. It being the dead of winter in wine country, we had the entire building to ourselves, so it was kind of difficult to gauge how the place functions with a full house. The next morning, the owner came in early and cooked us a full Texas-style breakfast (my Texan wife was in heaven) and chatted with us while we ate. So, no complaints on anything, especially considering the price. Montague's is located just off the main drag in downtown Hermann, so you are a short walk from everything. We ended up walking around town quite a bit on our day there. The funny thing was we walked by a lot of B&Bs that I recognized from my internet research. On their websites they appeared to be secluded and opulent with a price to match, but they looked like run-down motels (at least from the outside) to the naked eye. The opposite is true of Montague's -- one of the few places we've been to where the product is better than the advertising.

• Liked — the owners' unique and laid-back approach to the B&B (coffehouse-BBQ-B&B combo)
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lord-of-the-churros
Holts Summit, Missouri
Reviewed 3 December 2007

We went to a Lewis and Clark Reenactment Military Christmas Ball and decided to stay at a Bed and Breakfast Inn to go along with the essence of our period dressing and atmosphere.
Montague's was a nice place, but I didn't expect to walk three flights of stairs. They also own the restaurant downstairs on the main level. Great smelling BBQ Texan style. The innkeeper was very nice. The room was extremely large, clean and comfortable.
We would recommend to anyone staying in Hermann to try Montagues if you don't mind a climb.

• Liked — Cleanliness of the room, the size of the room and the great big breakfast the next morning.
  • Disliked — The stair climbing.
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple