“Killed 4 roaches this morning.”

Super 8 Higginsville
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Higginsville
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Walk on the floor with sandals on. When I got up this morning I killed 4 roaches crawling on the floor. Breakfast is cold cereal, bread, juice, and coffee. Staff is friendly. Hotel sits on the Interstate and it appears to be a place for truckers to stay. There is a small refrigerator and a microwave in the room. HBO and wireless in the room. Bathroom was fairly clean. Hotel is basic. I am checking out.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 September 2010

Having read the other reviews on this hotel, I’ll have to disagree with most of them. We just returned from a funeral in Warrensburg, MO (after driving 12 hours from Atlanta). I booked 3 nights online. Travelled with 2 teens and 2 small dogs. At first glance, seemed okay as a roadside motel. The room wasn’t too bad; had the basic amenities including 2 queen beds, a microwave and fridge. Seemed clean.

Major complaint though: we denied housekeeping service our first day due to so much going on. On the second day, we didn’t. So we left the room for them to clean. Upon returning, we noticed a couple of things. The first bed’s linen was not changed at all (there were still small crumbs from us snacking on the sheets). Second, we “thought” that the other bed linen was changed since it was made up and we didn't see a stain from a spilled soda the night before. Turns out, the linen was simply “reversed”. We saw the exact same stain at the other end of the bed. Yuck!! They didn’t even change the bed linens! (I know times are tough and businesses are cutting corners, but dang!!) If you’re going to charge someone over $75/night for logging, I expect that rate to at least include a change of linens. Needless to say, for us, this sealed our opinion of this hotel. We will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Cov Traveler
Reviewed 3 September 2010

I stayed here one night while making my way home from a trip out west. The motel is right off the highway and easy to spot. I was on my motorcycle and the lady who checked me in let me park the bike right by the front door since a major storm was brewing. The only downside is there's no place near the motel to eat so I had to order a pizza for dinner. If you have a car you should be able to take a ride and find a restaurant in the area.

I had a queen non smoking room. The bed was excellent, very comfortable. Fridge, microwave, hairdryer, coffee maker and ironing board were in the room. The a/c worked excellent....the tv had plenty of channels from Dish Network to choose from and the water pressure was strong in the shower. Also in the room was a recliner chair. Free wifi in the room and it worked great.

This Super 8 also features a coin washer and dryer, game room with a pool table...yes pool table and vending machines for snacks and pop. Free large truck parking too. Free simple breakfast too which includes coffee, rolls, juice and assorted breads.

I had a great stay and a great night sleep here and would gladly stay here again if I'm ever passing thru the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2010

In your are in the area, stay at this hotel! This is truly the cleanest hotel I have every stayed at.

This is a beautifully maintained older property with extremely clean rooms and public areas.

Great value!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2007

Easy on and off the interstate. Friendly staff. The room was large,clean and quiet and the beds were comfortable. Updated bathroom.
Not a lot of Tv channels. A nice view of farmland from our window.
A good value for the price .
No real restaurants at this exit...only the ones inside convenienve store so plan accordingly.
Adequate continental breakfast.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed 26 August 2007

Nice rural location for a Super 8, pretty good continental breakfast. Clean, tidy room. Little hard to find off major highway -need more exact location described on website

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Higginsville
Camelot Inn
Super 8 Warrensburg
#3 of 6 in Warrensburg
Comfort Inn Warrensburg Station
Comfort Inn Marshall Station

Been to Super 8 Higginsville? Share your experiences!