“Good mid-range hotel”

Super 8 Higginsville
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Higginsville
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The room was very clean, comfortable and the price was affordable. I would recommend staying here. We had an unexpected trip so we arrived late but was treated very kindly and had no problems with the room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Room was nice, clean and quiet. It was easy to find the hotel and it was priced reasonably. Breakfast was continental style with few selections. No bottled water was available in soda machine, but was available from front desk at a dollar a bottle...seems like that should have been free for the guests.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is an unfriendly hotel. A companion and I were traveling through Missouri when we decided to stop and get a hotel room around midnight. We noticed the Super 8 and decided to stay after having a good stay in a Super 8 in South Dakota.

The rate was surprisingly high especially for an interstate hotel in nowhere, Missouri. The receptionist was not hospitable and gave us no direction to our room. The room was clean but the bathroom was not. The towels were quite worn out and some had some stains on it. I would have asked for clean towels at the desk but there was never anybody there.

Breakfast was a mess. It looked as though they just tossed stuff on a table and you had to rummage through it. It wasn't dirty, but it didn't make you want to eat it. Maybe that's the point.

I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 127 has a window which looks directly onto a parking spot. If you need to keep an eye on your v...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Overall, met our needs for an over-night stay. Comfortable bed. Sink drain stopper missing. Poor light over sink.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I was in the area to attend a town celebration nearby. I had to wait a while for a desk clerk to show up. She had brought her baby to work and had to put him/her down in a back room before she showed up in front. As it turned out I had the same experience checking out with the same woman. Once she did show up she was friendly enough and the check-in process went smoothly.

I was somewhat pleasantly surprised with the room. It was a bit better appointed than I expected. It had the usual TV, but also had a microwave and a refrigerator. I'll have some pics posted. Window A/C was moderately noisy but worked well. For some laughs I'll also post some views from the room. Since the room faced somewhat away from the interstate, it was very quiet. Not too many other guests were there during my stay, so I had no problems with noise from other people. Shower was nice and strong. Overall cleanliness was pretty good.

Wifi was included and was pretty good speed. Speed tests show about 2-3 mbps down and up. I have a feeling this was more due to lack of other guests. I'm sure if the hotel was full, performance would have been much worse. But heck, it was free.

Breakfast (included) was nothing to write home about. A waffle iron (which worked great) and some cereal is about as good as it gets. But it's something.

There's a game room attached with a pool table but I didn't use it. There were also a few arcade video games.

Overall, it turned out pretty well, considering my pretty low expectations. Would I stay here again? If the circumstances arose which sent me here last time occurred again, I probably would. But I don't anticipate that happening. Check out my pics and judge for yourself.

Room Tip: Don't get one of the rooms at parking lot level. you could have headlights from late arrivals be...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Been to Super 8 Higginsville? Share your experiences!