“Ever heard the saying "looks can be deceiving?" They had this place in mind.”
Review of Motel 70

Motel 70
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in High Hill
Reviewed 2 July 2014

It doesn't look like much from the street, in fact, it's the kind of place that you'll pull into and then make a U-turn in the parking lot to pull right back out.

That was exactly what I was planning on doing, had my wife not noticed a slight charm about the place. Normally, I still would've passed, but I had just driven 18 hours and was deadbeat, and was too lazy to look around. As it turns out, this has been the most pleasant stay of a long-term trip.

It's an older hotel, run by a husband-and-wife team. The difference is, this team cares. They are here for no other reason than to ensure your visit goes smoothly. We had a nice little room with a king size bed.

Very roomy room. Decorated nicely enough, was well-kept, and very clean and tidy. I can't say enough good things about this place, and sadly it was only a one night stay. The money they charged was MORE than reasonable for a room of this size and of quality. This is not the Hyatt by any stretch of the imagination, but for a warm, cozy and safe stay, you can hardly do better.

AGAIN, I say don't let the looks of the place fool you, had I not been tired and my wife pushy, I would've never stayed here myself.

But trust me when I tell you now that I have, this place will deceive you if you let it. They are VERY particular about who they would let stay here, and no rift raft is going to check into this room and keep you up at night.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Louis P
Brian K, Owner at Motel 70, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for the detailed review. I'm so glad you and your wife gave us a chance and stopped in. I'm so glad we exceeded your expectations. We will continue to make more improvements to the exterior in the future that match the quality of our rooms.

There are newer reviews for Motel 70

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I just spent 5 nights in the I-70 Budget Motel. We were impressed by the American family-owned atmosphere. Everyone was friendly, helpful and accommodating, and the price was certainly affordable! The room was super-clean and neat, and it was a NON-SMOKING room, which we'd requested. The A/C was powerful and was on when we arrived, the Fridge was working and cold, and the Direct TV was nice to have. The Wi-Fi was helpful for my Android phone, since cell service is spotty in that area. Water pressure in the shower was full and forceful, and the water got hot almost instantly. The room was much quieter then we expected....very little carry-over between rooms (if ANY), but you do hear all the I-70 traffic and nearby trains, but that was not a problem. We stayed with our small dog, and they have lots of grassy areas to walk her. If I could wish for any improvements, they would probably be beyond what would be possible given the motel design. There are no outlets on the bed-side wall, so the supplied clock-radio is across the room...you can't reach it to 'snooze' without getting out of bed. There are also no "dresser drawers" for clothing...just hangers and a shelf and one "stationery drawer". For overnight stays, that should not be a problem. The staff provided coffee for the in-room pots, shampoos and soaps daily. We will definitely stay there again if we return to the area!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Don_and_Pepper
Brian K, Owner at Motel 70, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your feedback. Since your last stay we have added 4 new outlets by the beds in every room and moved the alarm clocks next to the bed. It was a pleasure having such nice folks staying with us and look forward to seeing you guys again!

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

This motel is a clean and comfortable place to stay. Flat screen TV with Direct TV was very nice with lots of different channels. I will definitely be staying here on my next road trip. I've paid a lot more for a room with these amenities, and it wasn't as nice as this place. Excellent value for the money.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SteveninColorado
Brian K, Owner at Motel 70, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

I wanted to personally thank you for recommending our motel to others. We pride ourselves in providing a clean room at a great price and having the extras you wouldn't expect to see. Hope to see you again on your next road trip!

Also consider these accommodations in or near High Hill
Americas Best Value Inn / Warrenton
Hermann Crown Suites
Hermann Crown Suites
#8 of 50 in Hermann

Been to Motel 70? Share your experiences!