“Good Chips,Salsa&Guacamole but Muy Caliente Chile Verde”

Little Hacienda Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Hollister
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Iowa
“Good Chips,Salsa&Guacamole but Muy Caliente Chile Verde”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The restaurant was well decorated, clean with a comfortable atmosphere. The staff was efficient, friendly and always on the hustle to and from the kitchen. LHMR's chips and salsa were very good as was the homemade guacamole w/chunks of tomato & onion. While I found their chili con queso blanca tasted overly mild; the chili verde I ordered was muy caliente (way too hot). I'm used to chile verde being tender chunks of pork slow simmered in a mild tomatillo sauce. Theirs was more like a thick green jalapeno peasoup consistency. The rice was tender and moist but I did not care for the flavor of their charro beans (shoulda stuck with refried). While their house margarita was huge and nicely presented; the mix they use tasted like the usual 10-year shelf-life pre-bottled variety most restaurants use.

Hollister, Missouri
“Always Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Roberto always takes amazing care of me and my friends whenever I come to eat here. I am from Arizona and I am used to good Mexican food. This is the only place in the Branson Tri-Lakes area that I can find it.

I really like eating here.

2 Thank DirkDMyers
Lincoln, NE
“Unique quality ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Great Mexican food. Hard to find Mexican food this good! Had a burrito with 3 different sauces that was wonderful. Most mex food is average, not this!

2 Thank Brian L
Doniphan, Missouri
“Ole!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We ate here in the fall of last year and really enjoyed the place, the staff and the food. So, here we are again in Branson, MO and we decided to bring our friends here for lunch. Our friends lived in Colorado and moved to MO a number of years ago (we are from San Diego) and we have commented many times about the Mexican food here not comparing to where we are from. They were delighted with the food here, to say the least. They actually had real chili verde! Most Mexican restaurants on MO don't even know what that is. They couldn't stop telling our waiter how much they loved the food.

2 Thank Joe G
Derby, Kansas
“Good authentic mexican food!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

There with a family of 11 and had a good experience! We ate a late afternoon lunch and service was a little slow for no busier than they were. Food was very good! I had a steak chimichanga and it was excellent! I am not a guac lover but my wife and kids are....they were not impressed with the homemade guacemole. They said they put too much lime juice in it. The salsa was really good and if you like spicey ask for their HOT salsa! It was super spicey but very good!! We also had their queso and it was good! I would go back again!

2 Thank Bthummel