“Go to Little Hacienda in Hollister”
Review of Elenita's Mexican Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Elenita's Mexican Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 24 March 2013

When this restaurant first opened it had great food and the building was well maintained, but slowly the quality of the food, the friendliness of the staff, and cleanliness seemed to slip. I was setting in the bar looking at their wine glasses, that all had a dirty film, and I told myself that the plates I was eating from were probably just as dirty. It was the last time I ate there.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Unfortunately this is another example of poor imitation Mexican food. The restaurant itself is clean with stereo typical decor. The waiters are very friendly and helpful. The food is nothing better than opening a frozen Mexican tv dinner. I ordered the cheese enchilada and beef taco. The beef was supposed to be shredded and it was hamburger meat. The rice was sticky and the beans were cold. The margarita was good so if you want to go to for happy hour than by all means go but don't order any food.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Just can't say how disappointed I really am in the quality of the food these days. Since moving from in front of the Days Inn to the new local on 76, nothing is the same. I don't know if they have changed hands or exactly what has happened but my favorite dish turned out to be horrible. The service was very poor and had to ask 3 times to refill my water. Needless to say I feel that whatever happened to this establishment is a crying shame. There used to be so many good things to say. I ordered the Enchiladas Espinaca, my plate was literally soaking in grease that had ran all over the plate under the rice and beans, seasoning was bland and the salsa was not the same fresh salsa that they used to serve. Overall I would say, if your into "greasy and dirty" dishes, then Go For It ! Sorry Elenita's but you need to step it back up. You were my favorite Mexican in Branson :(

Reviewed 1 January 2013

The food was wonderful. Homemade Salsa and excellent Mexican recipes. I ordered Chimichangas which were made with fresh chicken and Mexican cheeses. My daughter had a quesadilla that was very good. I wish they would open one in St. Louis. I would go there every week!

Reviewed 26 December 2012

The food here is good at reasonable prices...smallish seating area, but good...never saw it overly full.

Only bad part has been the service and length of wait. Last time the server seemed to not know much English and he was nervous the whole time...got some of our orders wrong, but we took them as the wait was too long to put in a new order!

The good part is the food...it is good and reasonably priced.