“Watch the bartenders if they make you a drink!! GROSS!!”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Hollister
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Description: Restaurant is inside the Branson airport.
Chicago, Illinois
“Watch the bartenders if they make you a drink!! GROSS!!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was at the Branson Airport flying back to Midway - Chicago on 10/20/2013 at around 3 p.m. to have a cocktail before the flight..
Took a seat at the end of the bar and ordered a Grey Goose and Tonic, great pour, great drink from the lady bartender. While enjoying my drink, the young dark haired male bartender/waiter came behind the bar, right in my line of vision. He has a very large margarita glass and is making a 2nd drink for a lady customer sitting at a table. He takes the dirty glass and uses his fingers and wipes away the left over salt from the rim, and shakes it to the floor! Then takes that same glass and dips the rim in the sponge to wet it and then into the salt for the 2nd drink!!!!!!!!!!! Are you KIDDING me!!! I could not find the manager to inform him of this horrific event I just witnessed. I feel bad that I allowed the girl to drink her drink. I did not eat the food there, but heard many complaints about the service and even watched the dessert be served before the meals. Customers were not happy.

• Visited October 2013

Hurst, Texas
“you won't find better airport food”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Well, this place kind of has a monopoly on the food business in the Branson airport but doesn't disappoint. I had the pulled pork sandwich Memphis style (with cole slaw on it). It was HUGE and messy and tasty! Potato salad was also good. Great TV's behind the bar. Lots of drink options if you feel like drinking (I didn't but the tea was good). Side note: You are gonna love this airport. It's like a Bass Pro Shops inside there. Really, really cool airport and small so nothing takes a long time.

• Visited October 2013
O'Fallon, Missouri
“Not "accommodating" - Dry Ribs”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Brought my family of 5 for dinner. My wife has food sensitivities and asked for gluten free options. She was told by our waitress "We won't be able to accommodate you" and that the menu had just been revised to remove gluten free items. After a lot of work we were able to piece together items we though might be safe. Getting information from our waitress about options was like pulling teeth - took a long time to get a response to each question. While the Nacho appetizer the rest of us shared was good, our entrees were disappointing. My half slab of baby back ribs and another third slab were over-cooked and dry - nearly jerky-ish. The corn on the cob was way over cooked, wrinkled and barely warm. Overall, a very disappointing evening - very poor choice of dining options on our part.

• Visited July 2013
Santa Barbara, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good barbeque”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The service was friendly and prompt. The food was served hot and the atmosphere was unique. The brisket was tender and ribs moist served with a variety of sauces available to suit your preference.

Visited July 2013
La Verne
“Barbecue attraction”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Went in for the ribs - had chicken instead. Hearty portion was served. Potato salad was not very good- too mushy. Chicken was crispy and the sauce was tasty. Service was good and friendly. Ambiece somewhat lacking.

Visited July 2013