“Will not go back!!!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hollister
AR
“Will not go back!!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We spent a week there and it was terrible.... We got there on a Saturday and it was full... The noise in the units is unbelievable. Paper thin walls, old TV's, The couch bed was horrendous...the mattress was flat and had broken springs under it. The bathroom had a travel size shampoo and conditioner and a travel size bar of soap... that would have been ok if they had replenished it occasionally...They never did ... They did supply a new mattress on the 3rd day..The staff started powerwashing the walkways at 8 in the morning.. Wednesday evening we finally called the desk and asked for toilet paper, towels, and wash clothes as we had not seen housekeeping since we arrived. They never did come by... Every dirty towel and wash cloth we used were still laying by the front door when we checked out. Not one day were we able to sleep in as the kids above us got up and was stomping on the floor by 6am... The walls are so thin you can hear conversations of the people next to you...I went with a friend that has a timeshare...I was considering buying one myself and really wanted to check it out.... This experience turned me off to having one...I needed a rest so badly.... This was not the place to go for that... Oh...and we also had dead bugs in the kitchen...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any issues you experienced and for any inconveniences they may have caused. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and we regret that we fell short during your stay. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Columbia, Illinois
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I couldn't believe how terrible the grounds were kept. My family used a timeshare week, and I couldn't wait to leave. At night there were spiders everywhere. Never have I ever been to a hotelvwith that many spiders. I complained, and all the guy did was bring a broom up to my room. Fountain was not on in pool and pool was not clean.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jen G
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit. Your comments are greatly appreciated, as we are always researching areas to improve upon in order to provide our guests with the quality vacation experience they seek when choosing to stay with us. We will work with our team in order to address the items in your comments. We hope you had a chance to enjoy our great location right next to Table Rock Lake and enjoy our many amenities. We hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit.
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed here on an April weekend. I had to attend a party at Big Cedar, but didn't want to pay that price. I got a beautiful one-bedroom condo style room, lake front view, for just over 100 bucks. It was spotless, well furnished (everything felt new), had a jacuzzi tub, a full kitchen, and a large balcony overlooking the lake--large enough for a table, four chairs, and room to walk around. Staff was very friendly. The location is just a few minutes off of highway 65, so it was easy to get into Branson, but I liked the quiet location----perfect view!

Room Tip: Lake view would certainly be worth the extra price. I noticed that my lakefront unit had an adjoinin...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 18 February 2015
Thank you for much for visit us in April 2013. It’s amazing to hear you enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer. As you mention, we are just minutes away from the Branson area and it’s great you enjoy our “quiet location and perfect view”. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Idalise
Osawatomie, Kansas
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

It was no different than staying at an appartment complex. The walls were thin, could hear the kids screaming next door and the conversations of the parents. It was nice that there was dish soap, laundry soap, dishes and everything was clean. The TV had horrible sound but there were lots of channels, including HBO. I HATE that they make you pay $9.00 a night for internet, that is robbery. It was outdated but very clean though.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Branson Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Please accept our apologies if you were dissatisfied. However, we are glad that you found everything clean. We hope to have another chance to exceed your expectations.
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed 18 November 2012

First we new that we did not book a lake view condo...just because they have them doesn't mean you should get one if you didn't pay for it...Our condo was clean and nicely furnished. It likely was updated recently. The appliances looked new as did the furniture. We had a one bedroom that was an A unit which are the ones that face the parking lot. The guard shack is a ways from the condos and they could use a few more signs, however we arrived in the dark and had no problems finding our way. The ONLY complaint I have for this property is that the rooms are definitely NOT sound proof. We could hear the people in the B unit as if they were in the room with us. I did not complain but one morning I beat on the wall and they got quiet. The checkin was perfect. Never were we bothered about a time share tour. We will be back and with family next time and we will pay the extra for the lake view as it is beautiful!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a lake view "B" units...BEAUTIFUL VIEWS
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Branson Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. It is important that we listen to your concerns and that we also hear what we are doing right. I will make sure our reservation team is aware that our A units are not lake view and that our B units are lake view. The lake view is breathtaking so if that's what you are looking for make sure you get the B unit. Westgate owners do always get free WiFi at any Westgate Resort.I will make sure we do some additional customer service training where needed and I do apologize for the response you received when asking about WIFI. I also thank you for acknowledging the other front desk team members that were polite and respectful. Please come and stay with us again very soon.
wichita kansas
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We are owners at Westgate Branson Woods (nearby) and stayed here a few weeks ago because our normal resort was full. First of all the guard shack is worthless as anyone can drive through. The drive past the shack is so long and there are no directions. Far from peace and quiet as the staff often yells outside to communicate and we heard it in our villa. View from the lake is lacking when the view we had was ofteh parking lot. Inside very outdated with old tube tv's and blinds taped together. Next time if Westgate Branson Woods is full I will stay then at just a normal hotel on or off the strip.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Branson Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to present your view of Westgate Emerald Pointe. The guard shack services the entire Emerald Pointe community which is made up of privately owned single family homes, town homes and condos along with our resort, Westgate Emerald Pointe. The resort, from the guard shack, is at the other end of Emerald Pointe Drive right on the shores of beautiful Table Rock Lake. We have five 4 story buildings which provide a gorgeous view of the lake from the 1 bedroom deluxe suites or the 2 bedroom suites; the 1 bedroom suite, which you stayed in, does not have the view of the lake. We are planning updates both inside and outside in the near future and I do hope you will come back and visit us again.
SW Missouri
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The location was perfect for us. You can enjoy all that Branson has to offer and then escape back to your unit and relax in peace and quiet with a stunning view of the lake. Check in was quick and easy from friendly, efficient staff. I had trouble getting connected to wireless, but an easy phone call took care of it. Note: there is a charge for wireless; I paid $9.99 for one day of useage. This was the only small negative for me. The unit and furnishings were clean and it was well stocked with a starter supply of soaps, laundry detergent, etc. We found everything in good working condition. We were so pleased with our brief stay that I just booked a weekend getaway for next month. I made sure to reserve another lake view unit. I'm a member of II and RCI and will put this resort at the top of my search list.

Room Tip: Be sure you reserve a lake view one bedroom villa. Or exchange into a two bedroom unit to ensure you...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
hillto, General Manager at Westgate Branson Lakes Resort, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us and that you will be staying with us again next month. Westgate Branson Lakes at Emerald Pointe is just a few minutes drive from all the action in Branson but outside the hustle and bustle in a relaxing environment with a gorgeous view of Table Rock Lake. If a view of the lake is what you are looking for our B-side units or our 2 bedroom units will give you a nice screened in patio overlooking the lake for your enjoyment; you will get a nice view with a 2nd, 3rd or 4th floor unit. During your next visit you may want to check out our 2 evenings of live entertainment on Monday and Thursday which is free for our guests. On Wednesday evening we have a dinner which is hosted by a local entertainer and there are guest appearances by star Branson entertainers. All 3 evenings are loads of fun. Thanks again from the entire staff here at Westgate Branson Lakes at Emerald Pointe.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollister
Westgate Branson Woods Resort
Hotel Grand Victorian
#19 of 140 in Branson
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
Wyndham Branson at The Meadows

Been to Westgate Branson Lakes Resort? Share your experiences!