Westgate Resorts at Emerald Pointe in Branson, Missouri was our “trade” for out timeshare in 2013. We had a great time on vacation – my motto is. “A week of rain on vacation is better than a week of sun at work.” was certainly applicable to this vacation. Of course, this is no reflection on the resort.
The unit itself was acceptable, for the most part. It was clean, spacious and well appointed. The screened-in porch off the living room was great to sit out on – bugs stayed out! The kitchen had everything you could want, but only 4 of each item, which necessitated running the dishwasher daily. The washer/dryer was in a closet in the kitchen, which was great! Didn’t have to bring a roll of quarters to do laundry mid-week. Plenty of towels but when the cleaning staff came mid-week, the ONLY thing they did was change out the towels. They did not do any cleaning, make or change the bed.
The only major complaint I had was the noise. The screened in porch (we were lake facing on the second floor) was adjacent to the pad that held 5 AC compressors. It was very loud. Also, the walls and floors are paper thin. We could hear the entire conversations of the folks that were adjacent to us on the right side and the folks above us had a little one that was apparently training for a marathon. We could hear the pitter-patter of his/her little feet well into the night. The headboard that banged into the wall near our bed each evening was certainly good for a laugh or two!
If you are looking to get anywhere near the lake, bring a boat or some kind of a water vehicle. I would have liked to walk along the shore, but the only way that we could find to get anywhere near the water was to go to the marina. The view from the unit was awesome.
Here is something of interest: when we arrived at the resort we had a “personal concierge” take us to our unit. His job was to make sure all of the light switches worked, the TV, the AC, faucets, etc. It was funny, as it was his first day and we figured the things out before he did. (this is NOT a complaint – just funny!) He had a packet of info to go through – where the amenities were located, activities, grocery store location, etc. Where my issue lies is that he wanted us to come to the office the next morning to do a “survey”. I asked what it was for and he said that they just wanted to know what we thought about the resort. In talking to my husband, we felt that it was probably going to be a sales pitch of some sort (he was pumping us for info), as we had only been at the resort for less than 24 hours and couldn’t possibly give a valid account. We cancelled the appointment and were never asked to reschedule.
A onetime trip to Branson is enough for us, but if we had to go back for any reason, I would not hesitate to stay at this resort. The positives well out-weighed the negatives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hugging the shores of sparkling Table Rock Lake, Westgate Branson Lakes Resort is a Branson, MO hotel that features dazzling lake views and a wide variety of watersports for the whole family such as boating, fishing, waterskiing, parasailing or just relaxing in the warm waters on a sunny day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Westgate Branson Lakes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Emerald Pointe Hotel Hollister
- Westgate Emerald Pointe Hollister