Overall, I would say that this resort is a solid 3.5 stars. My husband and I just returned from a long weekend in Branson. This was our second stay at Westgate Emerald Pointe. For our first stay, we had a top floor one-bedroom condo overlooking the lake and had a wonderful stay. This trip, we had to book a two-bedroom condo to make sure we had a lake view (as others have pointed out, I don't think the stay here is worth it without having a lake view due to it being well out of Branson proper). When we arrived, we were first given a two-bedroom condo that did not have a Jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom as promised. We went back to the office and the staff gave us keys to another unit which did.
Our two-bedroom condo was actually two separate units. If we had known this sooner, we could have invited friends to come and stay with us since it offered total privacy. The condo was well appointed and offered a nice lake view with a wonderful, spacious screened-in porch. The kitchen has all the essentials, but if you do a lot of cooking...remember to bring your own spices and Pam spray! The decor is fairly outdated and the shower/bathroom area could use some upgrades, but otherwise it is perfectly adequate. There are also grills available to use between the units which we were happy to use. The pool area is also very nice.
The reason I can't give the resort a full "4" or "5" is due to a few reasons: The noise from the condo above us and the lack of privacy in the first floor units. Unfortunately, only first floor units were available when we checked-in. The people in the condo above us were very noisy and we could hear them walk around and flush the toilet constantly - not pleasant sounds when you are trying to sleep. The resort could do a great service to its owners and guests by adding some additional insulation/sound proofing in between the different floors and units. Privacy is also an issue for the first floor units as the slide blinds do not 100% cover the windows. I had the bedroom blinds shut all the way and I could still see other guests walking right in front of our bedroom while I was still lying there in the morning. The mattresses in the bedroom need to be replaced. My husband and I could feel the springs on our backs and woke up with back pain each day.
Overall, we will definitely plan on coming back in the future to stay in units with lake views. It would be very nice if they would offer reservations for top floor condos considering the noise and privacy issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hugging the shores of sparkling Table Rock Lake, Westgate Branson Lakes Resort is a Branson, MO hotel that features dazzling lake views and a wide variety of watersports for the whole family such as boating, fishing, waterskiing, parasailing or just relaxing in the warm waters on a sunny day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westgate Branson Lakes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Emerald Pointe Hotel Hollister
- Westgate Emerald Pointe Hollister