“Below average.”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Holts Summit
“Below average.”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I live in the local area and the owner is less than friendly and not at all hospitable. It is obvious that he is only in the hotel business for the money. Since it is the only hotel in Holts Summit and he has no competition, he exhibits an air of greed. I paid for a room for the night, left for a bit and forgot my key in the room, only to return to find my room has been sold to someone else. The hotel was not remotely full of guests, so there was no reason for my room to be unavailable. I asked for another room and was refused. Since he was the manager/owner, he has the discretion to do as he pleases. Because of this one owner, I will never spend another dime of my money at this hotel. I will no longer refer any friends or family to this hotel. I will send them to Jefferson City or Fulton for hotels. This owner is a very poor representation of America's Best hotel chains. Due to my experience and treatment, I will not stay select America's Best brand anywhere.

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank pini t
ABVI338, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hello folks.

Some local people who live within a few miles of any hotel usually are not there for lodging. They come to a hotel to party or do something else. Pini (your alias name I assume) in your case your “John” came in the early afternoon to see what the cost of the room was so he would know how much money to give you to rent the room in your name, not his, least his wife find out. You arrived with your “John” about 20 minutes later and rented the room. About 45 minutes later you both departed. About an hour later we checked the room and found the key on the table and there was no personal effects left anywhere, signaling a return. But then you went to the room with nothing! About 6 hours later, not a bit as you said, you called on the phone, did not show up in person as you said, and asked if you could have the room back. Yep , the answer was NO. You left the key in the rooms as most people do in their instant checkouts. I guess you found another “ John” and wanted to maximize your profits. Talk about greedy!!!!!!!!!! Never said your room was sold to anyone else. It is a shame your review is not really truthful and full of exaggerations and embellishments and only meant to SLANDER this hotel and me.
This is a hotel for lodging. Yes every once in awhile someone slips through for other purposes but they do not end up here for long. We make sure our guest are in as quiet and safe environment as we possible can give. Yes locals are very much welcomed for lodging. Many need that lodging because their house is undergoing repairs, AC broke down, Heater broke, etc.
Sorry folks, this individual gets no apology from me. I work very hard to run a First Class hotel and give you the cleanest rooms, quiet rooms, safe lodging and every amenity I can for a very affordable price. We have been awarded the Best of the Best by Americas Best Value Inns since 2007 and strive to serve all our customers needs in the friendliest and most hospitable manner possible.

Sincerely
Owner/Operator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Kathy and Arthur were awesome, not only were they pleasant and helpful they manage a great hotel. They always had a smile and were willing to help make our stay in the area as pleasant as it could be. I would recommend this property for everyone! It is better than some of the upscale hotels I have stayed at

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
ABVI338, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Wow, thank you for that very kind review! We do care that our guests are happy because that's what allows us to keep our doors open! I'm really glad that all your needs were met during your stay and I do hope that we will see you again in the future!

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was participating in meetings at State Capitol, Jefferson City, and a class in Fulton, Missouri...
This was the perfect place to stay... Wonderful local owners...
I will stay here again as I am planning another trip to see some sites in Fulton...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kttguy
Thanks so much for your review and comments. I appreciate hearing from our guests and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you visit us again when you are in the Jefferson City/Holts Summit area.

Sincerely
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here our second time and will return every time we come to Jefferson City, MO. This small hotel of about 30 or so rooms is quaint and the owners are very friendly and personable. There are a variety of rooms: Rooms with two double beds, two queen beds, king bedrooms and also a room with king bed and Jacuzzi tub!. The prices are incredibly low for the accommodations. The rooms include small fridge, private bath, coffee maker, linens, iron & ironing board, some rooms also have microwave (not all). Cold AC, Cable TV and Wi-Fi internet.
An added bonus is continental breakfast with coffee, OJ, cereals, muffins, Danish, bagels and cream cheese. It is situated about 20 minutes outside of Jefferson City in the country and is
Very Quiet, Very Clean and comfortable. We recommend this hotel to all who are coming to see the capital of MO. Even the state representatives stay here!!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, clean and comfortable
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ABVI338, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you very much for a great review and informative comments You have some great observations about the hotel. We are proud to have consistently clean rooms and great customer service. Thanks again and hope to see you soon!
Cambridge
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed here for a full week and found it to be very comfortable, very clean, with exceptional service. Internet wifi was weak but sufficient. I would recommend and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind review! We are proud to have consistently clean rooms and great customer service. I will pass along your compliments to the staff. Sorry the internet speed was slow. We have had Mediacom out here a half dozen times to try and correct the problem to our building. They say some equipment needs replacement out by the pole. Hopefully soon, but I am the only customer affected by that equipment. Thanks again and hope to see you soon!
Camdenton, Missouri
Reviewed 10 April 2014

If you need wifi, don't stay here. It doesn't work and desk personnel don't understand how it works. I could logon and authenticate but could not obtain an IP address. I suspect the router needed rebooting but desk personnel kept insisting it was all fine since their computer (undoubtedly hardwired) had access. Going to cost me a fortune in data charges over the next 3 days.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Beverly L
ABVI338, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Beverly, we made numerous attempts to help you, but you refused all help. You just reminded us that you were the computer expert and you knew everything about computers and to due as you say. Undoubtedly, we checked the Wi-Fi with a wireless laptop by your room and connected with no problems. After you insisted it still did not work, went by your room with a smart-phone and connected. You still insisted we were just dumb desk clerks and refused any help. It is interesting by your above comments, you were able to first connect(log-on) to the Wi-Fi system with the password and secondly were able to “authenticate”. When you authenticate with a system, it is like a handshake, your computer is thanking the router for the ISP address and the router is saying your welcome. Routers are very stable devices and rarely have any problems.

Americas Best Value Inn recognizes how important a quality internet is to our customers and have done all we can to ensure this. The hotel has upgraded its Wi-Fi system several times over the years and we use all Cisco equipment. The systems handles wireless N protocols at 5Ghz and is also capable for wireless G protocols at 2.4Ghz and our internet system offers up to 10Mbps downloads. The only time we have an internet outage is when the Mediacom cable system is down or during a power outage, both rare occurrences. We have and will continue to strive to offer 1st rate internet service always.
Sincerely Arthur Kristofik Owner/Operator
Chesterfield, Missouri
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Art and Cathy care about their guests and go the extra mile. It is exceptionally easy to access from the highway, and you can't beat the price. The rooms are consistently well kept and ready for new guests. I have stayed here often and they are always ready to help! The extra security with only one entrance is really appreciated, and I have come to feel like they are family!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Annette R
ABVI338, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Annette,

Thank you for your great review! We really appreciate hearing back from our guests! We are pleased that the cleanliness and consistency of our rooms was noticed. In our 14 years with Americas Best Value Inn Hotels we are consistently awarded the Best of the Best for Outstanding Quality and Service. We are a family owned and operated property, so we try to make you feel at home. We hope you will stay with us again soon! Have a great day!

Arthur And Kathy Kristofik
DoubleTree by Hilton Jefferson City
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#12 of 13 in Jefferson City

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!