“Great Food!”

Ranked #50 of 118 Restaurants in Lisburn
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: Bangladeshi
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: This Restaurant Serve Chicken ,lamb ,vegetables And King Prawns Bangladeshi,indian,pakistani,nepalese And European Style Food.we Severe From Fresh Ingredient Every Day.monday-sunday.award Winning Restaurant One Of The Old Restaurant.
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I ordered a takeaway meal for my my partner & I after a less than pleasing experience at the New Tandoori on the same street.

We had a Lamb Dhansak with pilau rice & a Chicken Tikka Kebab with Chips. The food was good, the staff friendly & the service prompt. We will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Great food. Reasonable price. Used this place when I was let down by another local Indian. Chilli Naan breads are great, would blow your head off.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Visited here using a living social voucher. Food was lovely and plenty of it - very evident that they use very good quality meat)! Best onion bhaji and peshwari naan I have tasted. I was very surprised at the portion size given that it was a voucher deal. Extras were very reasonable. The owner is super friendly and it was lovely having a chat with him this evening. I do agree that the restaurant was cold tonight but as soon as we had arrived extra heaters were turned on which didnt take long to take the chill off (it wouldnt make sense to keep the restaurant fully heated on quiet week nights). We have reserved again to celebrate my birthday with friends. In the current climate I think it is a great shame that people feel the need to post very poor reviews for what appears to be minor issues...in no way do i think this restaurant deserves only 2/5 stars.
Thank you for a lovely meal tonight,see you again in a few weeks!!!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We tried Himalaya on a Living Social voucher having promised ourselves a visit on many previous occasions. Sadly the experience was less than enjoyable. The atmosphere was poor and service lacking. Only the chicken bhuna lived up to our expectations of the voucher meals, while popadoms, an extra, were quite good. A very definite one-of experience, not to be repeated or recommended.

1  Thank AbuDhabiGeorges
Dulal T, Chef at Himalaya, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Customer were looking for King prawns dishes I have said is not on this offer. I have explain them also your offer was meal for two starters main and rice for £12.00 but king-prawns dish alone £12.95,we can not afford to serve that sorry they have order some things else that's why I think they are not happy !!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have eaten in this restaurant and ordered takeaway many times over the past 15 years or so. The food has always been consistently of a very high standard and the portion sizes are fantastic value for money. The staff are very friendly and being offered free refreshment whilst waiting for a takeaway is a great touch. We will continue to return and always recommend this fantastic restaurant to our friends.