“Avoid”

Ranked #2 of 2 Ballygawley B&B and Inns
Cork, Ireland
“Avoid”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stopped off here for lunch to break the journey from Glencolmcille to Downpatrick. We placed our order (no starters, just main courses) and waited and waited and waited. After around 40 mins and we were on the point of asking for our order to be cancelled and our 3 mains finally arrived. And they were not worth the wait. I ordered the Aussie chicken, it was very bland with no flavour. Very disappointing. Also the restaurant wasn't even half full so I don't understand why there was such a delay. Waitresses didn't seem to have a clue what they were doing. Any time they did come out of the kitchen with food they seemed to bring it to the wrong table first. No apologies from staff for long waiting times. Will never be back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank downgirl6061689194

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
North East England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Called here twice, once on lunchtime and once at night.
The lunchtime steak salad was absolutely delicious, beautifully cooked and presented.
Because of this lovely meal, we ate here again a few evenings later.
The waitress was surley and disinterested. The food was poor and nowhere near the previous standard.
When I paid, I was asked if everything was OK and I mentioned the differerence between the two meals. I was told "Sorry about that" with no further comment.
Pity about the customer service...or lack of it, as when it chooses to, this place can produce really good food.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Went to todds leap for my nephew stag do and they booked us in here great place we all we a bit dog tired when we got but was pleasantly surprised by what we found staff were great rooms were ok got a very good value meal and drinks plenty of Craic we all enjoyed your stay will be back again

Room Tip: All rooms very much like each other
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank David M
Tyrone
Reviewed 15 March 2013

we stayed here on a family wedding. Rate was very reasonable so decided to stay for night. Rooms were very spacious and were easy accessed from wedding venue. Overall a decent budget stay if you have business in the area

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank tyronetheduffer
Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Stayed here in September 2012 for a family wedding. Have visitied Kelly's Inn a few time for something to eat and was never disappointed. This was my first time to stay in one of the rooms. We were allocated a family room which meant we had ample space. Lovely spacious rooms. Excellant heat facilities which you could adjust yourselves in the room. Really comfotable beds...... we both slept like babies :-)
Breakfast the next morning was served up to 11.30 which i thought was great as most places we stay breakfast stops being served at 10am. When our breakfast was served we both looked at each other and thought 'Is that all we are getting?' but on completition of the breakfast, it was just the perfect amount. It set us up nicely for the day ahead.
Staff were very friendly, helpful and accomodating. Would definately recommend

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Donna M
Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I have eaten in Kelly's several times over the years and have never been disappointed with its standard of food! However, it wouldn't be a place that I would have recommended to others but my opinion has now changed. If you like good value, friendly staff and great food then I would highly recommend that you call in for something to eat as you pass by.
Its not a place for great atmosphere or its surroundings but it does offer good value and great wholesome food. My husband and I dropped in on the way home from Belfast and I was reluctant to call in because of the above reasons but I ate my words instantly. I had the special, 'Chicken a la King' and my husband had a sirloin steak with all the trimmings. The food was excellent. We both had desserts, coffee's and my husband had a glass of red. The bill amounted to just £40 which I thought was very decent considering today's prices. I will never be reluctant to call in again!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Redjed66
Buncrana
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I regularly stop at Kelly's en-route from Inishowen to Dublin and every meal I have enjoyed here is exactly what I ordered. The staff are pleasant and attentive, the ambiance and decor is non-descript but this is not the place to go for atmosphere, it is the food that keeps the customer coming back. I normally have breakfast or late evening meals and the quality to value ratio is the best on the 250KM route. Some places on this route might serve 3 good meals out of four but Kelly's is always up to standard time after time. It also has very clean toilets which is very important to regular travellers.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank James D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballygawley
Silverbirch Hotel
#2 of 2 in Aughnacloy
Ashbrook House B&B
Ashbrook House B&B
#1 of 2 in Aughnacloy

Been to Kelly's Inn? Share your experiences!