Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Jazzycam
United Kingdom

Absolutely lovely!!

Review of OYO Apparo
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Sept 2013
Enjoyed a lovely night last weekend at the Apparo - dinner on Saturday night - beautiful - couldn't fault it!
Unfortunately alarm went off in early hours so sleep was disturbed - but breakfast next morning more than made up for it!! again absolutely lovely!
This is our 2nd visit to this little treasure and it wont be our last!!
Date of stay: September 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
      £226
    11.3 miles from OYO Apparo
    Spa
    View more hotels in Draperstown
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here for one night on a voucher deal. The rooms were lovely, small, but with all the usual facilities. Great shower, very comfy bed, and quiet! The deal included welcome scones and tea - 2 scones arrived, on a long plate with butter and jam portions. The table we chose had been used, for lunch presumably, and had 1 napkin, and 1 knife left. We managed the very crumbly scones with no side plates, and half the cutlery - the table looked like a chimp's tea party!!! Quite bizarre. We dined in the restaurant that evening. There were about 25 customers, and 2 waitresses. The French white wine I ordered was sold out, so I asked to taste the Spanish house wine, which was fine, so I ordered a bottle of that. Looking around the restaurant, I could see many bottles of it on tables, and when mine came, it wasn't chilled. It came in a bucket of water - the waitress said "I'll get you more ice." More ice??? SOME ice would be a start!!! - eventually hubby went to the counter and got a glass of ice for me. My food was disappointing. I had the Paprika Chicken - yellow chicken, beaten flat - hard, dry and tasteless - served with Pak Choi, and a Celeriac salad - both nice. Hubby had the King Prawns, which had been pre-cooked, then re-heated, wrapped in bacon. He enjoyed them. My main was the Monkfish - served with a Potato, ham and spinach roulade, according to the menu, or Polenta, as it turned out!! I would not have ordered this. Hubby had the rump of lamb - not cooked pink, and no sauce or jus, so a tad dry, but saved by the very nice side of pasta, cream and smoked bacon!! Again he was happy enough. Before our mains arrived, we were presented with 2 steaks - the waitress just looked stunned when we said "That's not our food!!" They were eventually served to another table. We both felt very strongly, that there was no-one at the helm here. Next morning, a young man cooked us a good breakfast. A mixed experience, my food being a real let-down, unfortunately.

Date of stay: September 2013
    2  Thank Wendy S
    Reviewed 30 August 2013

As the title of my review suggests, I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of my stay at the Apparo.

This was my second stay here, and it just keeps getting better! The rooms are extremely comfortable, and the staff are very welcoming and friendly, helping to make this a thoroughly enjoyable stay. The main attraction for myself and my partner though is the fantastic restaurant. The food is without exception of an excellent standard. I stayed here for two nights, and the steak is so good that myself and my partner had it on both occasions! I will not be stepping on the scales just yet! The breakfast is also the perfect amount, and served without a single spec of grease, which is very rare elsewhere.

Finally I must mention the wonderful owner who introduced himself early on in our stay, and gave myself and my partner a lift to the bus pick up point upon departure, saving us an hour of travel.

This is, as previously expressed, a real hidden gem, and I would implore more to discover it's delights!

Date of stay: August 2013
    1  Thank Holly_belfast_NI
    Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed for one night last week. Warmly welcomed by all of the staff including Peter (the hotel owner). Had excellent tea and scones on arrival. Myself and my wife had a superb dinner in the comfortable restaurant in the evening. Service was good as was the quality of the food. Our bedroom was a little small but was spotlessly clean with a very comfortable bed. After a good nights sleep we were treated to a very tasty and well prepared cooked breakfast. I enjoyed a chat with Peter after breakfast. He was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the hotel wine list which was truly excellent. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our overnight stay. I would have no hesitation about recommending this little Mid-Ulster gem and I look forward to returning in the near future.

Date of stay: August 2013
    2  Thank jgandme
    Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed for two nights and couldn't fault this hotel. Rooms were clean and well appointed slightly smaller than most hotels with a tiny TV The staff were friendly and helpful, without being over attentive. The breakfast was of excellent quality cooked fresh and plenty of choice Parking was available on street for residents right outside The hotel has a very busy restaurant need to book well in advance we where squeezed in and given 40 mins to eat up and get out! the food was fantastic. Outside seating area is a bit rickety the chairs and tables falling apart could do with new tables and chairs and removing the wild cats and the overgrown weeds. Some great bars close by next door is great we enjoyed the friendly locals, its a small town very clean and welcoming we would definitely go back.

Room tip: The rooms are very small and people walk right passed ask if the family room is free its much bigger
    Date of stay: July 2013
    1  Thank Robert T
    Reviewed 8 August 2013

Decided to give myself and my boyfriend a little treat and booked us into Apparo Hotel & restaurant in Draperstown. I had heard glowing reports about this hotel and decided to check it out for myself. Well i was not disappointed. From we arrived, we dined in the restaurant that night, had a fabulous meal with excellent attentative service, to be topped all by a wonderful breakfast the next morning. It was second to none and I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel in the quaint little village of Draperstown. I will be back again soon.

Date of stay: July 2013