“Heaven on Earth” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Haramara Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Haramara Retreat
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Sayulita
Seattle, Washington
“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Haramara is the real deal. I have led yoga retreats there for two years in a row and each time I am astonished by the level healing & nourishment that is possible in this sacred location.

I have led retreats in quite a few other locations in Mexico & the Carribean and none of them come close to the service, beauty & presence that is Haramara. Please go here as soon as you can, you will be nourished in the deepest way!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank amyreedyoga

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have travelled all over the world ~ Haramara is beyond anything I have ever experienced before. It is so thoroughly, thoughtfully and carefully created that I can't find anything I would change.
The fact that there is no electricity, internet or phones helps create a place of peace, rest and rejuvenation. It's is simple and simpy beautiful. The staff is very attentive and yet give you privacy. Haramara offers healthy, outrageously good food, beautiful workshop spaces, the sound of the ocean and the birds, the pool is salt water and wonderful...what more can I say? Ill be back!

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful. The Moonstone is the most beautiful dorm I have ever seen.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank Ditte R
amherst, ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Beautiful casitas, fantastic food, excellent, attentive staff. Views from the yoga palappas are unbelievable. We loved the sound of the crashing waves in our casita. The pool area is beautiful as well as the adjacent bar where we had margaritas after yoga. Couldn't have been better.

Room Tip: we loved our casita, Perla Negra.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank judith01002
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Haramara is just as stunning and peaceful as other reviewers have described. I stayed two nights and enjoyed the whole experience immensely. The retreat facilities are very rustic, and are incredibly well maintained and beautiful. The pool area is very pretty and the beach is secluded and quite stunning. The views from the yoga pavilions are breathtaking. My casita was beautiful and clean with a stunning view. It was heavenly to fall asleep to the sound of the ocean. The staff is incredibly friendly, warm and helpful. From the reservation process, to arrival, to my terrific stay, to my departure, everything was a pleasure. I was able to schedule four private yoga classes, a massage (the best one of my life by far. Request Thomas if you get the opportunity.) and a mani-pedi during my short stay. The classes and services were all top notch. The food was delicious and so well prepared. They served a vegan menu for me at each meal as requested and everything was incredibly fresh and flavorful. Although I didn't eat or shop there, I was able to go for a run both mornings from Haramara into Sayulita. It's really nice to have a very quaint surfing town close by and definitely worth a visit. I highly recommend Haramara for anyone traveling solo who craves some solitude and beauty.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank bpchesler
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

We were a group of 11 on a yoga retreat and I can't say enough about how wonderful Haramara is. The food is healthy, delicious and beautifully presented. The property is on a hillside, so scenic views from pretty much everywhere. The yoga shalas are gorgeous with, surprise surprise, amazing views. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I loved the accommodation: rustic (no electricity and partial walls) but luxurious (hot showers with a view, thick cotton sheets, beautiful tiled floor in bathroom, etc.). I highly recommend attending a retreat at Haramara.

Room Tip: All rooms have a beautiful scenic view, but I would ask for Amethyst. When sitting in bed, you are...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank VictoriaYogini
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I really loved Haramara, it was beautiful and I mostly got what I came for.
However, our deluxe cabana did not have hot water for 2 days. We told 2 employees, including a manager. We thought our $3,000+ stay was going to be a dirty one! Until we asked Ricardo at the pool if there was hot water. He was the most attentive and eager to please. He fixed the problem immediately.
I wish the cabanas would be stocked with the basic organic shower supplies like shampoo and conditioner. To my disappointment, I assumed it would, so I traveled light. :/
Also, if you are not there with a yoga group- you may not get as much attention from management. In our case, we didn't mind as much, since we made plans to see the sights around Suyulita during the day.

There was a yoga group at the resort the same week we were there, and they were all lovely. The only bummer was a couple families brought their young children (ages 3-5). They were loud, and running around the dining area and pool area, which was most of the time a quiet, and peaceful place with a great ocean view. We came to get away from disturbances like that, and were a little disappointed.
However, we did find R&R at our cabana. The black pearl was very private and peaceful, thank goodness!
If you like an afternoon drink, Ricardo at the pool made the best hand squeezed organic margaritas! They were to die for!
The yoga facilities were beautiful. Along with the grounds. Overall we enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank DenaMarieDePompa
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Arriving from NYC this was the perfect getaway. The food was superb - organic and healthy. The little huts dotted in the jungle were very comfortable and felt a million miles away from civilisation enhanced by the sound of the ocean. Sajeela, the owner made the stay an unforgettable experience and really makes the whole retreat very special. Ask for her special green shake if you go. My bro and I will definitely return.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the middle of the mountain - not too far towards the sea.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank OBass77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sayulita
Siete Lunas
#5 of 20 in Sayulita
Hotelito Los Suenos
Hotelito Los Suenos
#1 of 20 in Sayulita

Been to Haramara Retreat? Share your experiences!