“bliss and peace”
Review of Haramara Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Haramara Retreat
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Sayulita
Reviewed 3 May 2014

haramara retreat is one of the most wonderful, blissful places I have ever been. the location is centered in a beautiful jungle on a cliffside overlooking the ocean, 10 minutes from sayulita but a world away. the cabinas are separate/open air/ very Balinese style (sliding doors, open air showers) and unobtrusive in the jungle setting. we fell asleep listening to the ocean every night and listening to the birds every morning...admittedly the first night was a little weird with no real doors or locks, but we relaxed very quickly. we were on the "romantic retreat" and were offered a romantic dinner overlooking the ocean with our own private chefs and wait staff. the whole staff is incredible, unassuming but completely welcoming, accommodating and anticipatory. the food is local, organic, and vegetarian (except for fish) and wonderfully creative and delicious. the massage therapists were true healers using physical and energetic modalities to gently (or deep) work into your bodies. we weren't there on a yoga retreat, but were able to practice in the large/open air/beautiful studios. please note there is no wifi anywhere on the grounds, and no electricity in the cabinas (they supply oil lamps that are bright enough to read by and light the cabina). we thought it was wonderful to be completely disconnected but I know some ppl had difficulties with it.
I want to send many thanks to all of the staff - it was truly a magical stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunshinesask

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Haramara Retreat is on a beautiful cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The grounds are peaceful, calm and relaxing. An infinity pool looks out over the ocean, small casitas are discretely hidden within the trees, the food is unbelievable delicious and the staff is friendly and accommodating.
The retreat is an easy 15 min walk into Sayulita, which is an adorable small town right on the beach. Sayulita offers good shopping and cute restaurants.
My only complaints about Haramara are that it has no Wi-Fi, which unfortunately, in this day and age, is difficult for many of us. Additionally, the casitas are open-air and so noise from other people often kept me awake long after 10 PM. Lastly, I wish they offered even a small fitness center on the grounds.
Otherwise, though, the casitas are comfortable and the entire week was relaxing and refreshing (except for the fact that I could have slept better without the noise).

Room Tip: I think the further away from the bar and pool area you are, the less likely you will deal with exce...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ljenks99
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is an update. My first review was for a romantic getaway with my husband. This was after booking the property for a retreat. Um, perfection. From the booking, to transportation, the delicious food that accommodated all types of food restrictions and tastes, to the beautifully caring staff, the oooohhh, ahhhh cabanas, to the new heavenly infiniti pool over looking the ocean, to the complete bliss- our retreat of 19 people was perfection. I've already booked again for next year. They are so stuck with us!

Room Tip: Bring a headlamp for dark, glorious evening walks home to your cabana.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TonyanDonald
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Everything about Haramara is wonderful. The food, the views, the people, the layout, and the staff. I'm a 32 year old female who travelled with a female friend. We had such an amazing time and were even able to walk 20 mins into a local surfer town called Sayulita to eat and shop. We did not come with a group but built out own package (note that the prices are for varied occupancies... The website made costs seem more expensive - so we almost didn't go). Included in our package was credits to use towards anything (we got a lot of value with these), 2 yoga classes, a massage (with very knowledgable rmt's), and two daily meals. Totally wonderful! Doing yoga at sunrise and sunset was touching and amazing, even if you don't regularly practice.
My only advice given our room was one of the furthest from the main area: please ask for rooms close to the front if you don't enjoy steep walks (we loved it) OR if you are afraid of wild animals. The further your room is in the jungle, the more noises you hear of birds and the local Mexican raccoons. We did have one night which was a little tough, but once we realized the 'loud' noises were from harmless creatures, all was good. I would also suggest to bring a bright flashlite as you definitely need it at night. Loved everything about Haramara. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Neeta S
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Idyllic setting. Rustic yet luxurious. I loved the mindfulness of the setting--hiking around the hillside to get to where you need to go. The food is amazing, and the people there are even better. I would recommend this wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Haramara is the real deal. I have led yoga retreats there for two years in a row and each time I am astonished by the level healing & nourishment that is possible in this sacred location.

I have led retreats in quite a few other locations in Mexico & the Carribean and none of them come close to the service, beauty & presence that is Haramara. Please go here as soon as you can, you will be nourished in the deepest way!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank amyreedyoga
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have travelled all over the world ~ Haramara is beyond anything I have ever experienced before. It is so thoroughly, thoughtfully and carefully created that I can't find anything I would change.
The fact that there is no electricity, internet or phones helps create a place of peace, rest and rejuvenation. It's is simple and simpy beautiful. The staff is very attentive and yet give you privacy. Haramara offers healthy, outrageously good food, beautiful workshop spaces, the sound of the ocean and the birds, the pool is salt water and wonderful...what more can I say? Ill be back!

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful. The Moonstone is the most beautiful dorm I have ever seen.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Ditte R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sayulita
Amor Boutique Hotel
W Punta de Mita
W Punta de Mita
#6 of 11 in Punta de Mita
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Resort & Spa
Grand Sirenis Matlali Hills Reso...
#1 of 2 in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle

Been to Haramara Retreat? Share your experiences!