“Great. Best hotel ever. ”
Review of Petit Hotel d'Hafa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Petit Hotel d'Hafa
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Sayulita
Ogden, Utah
“Great. Best hotel ever. ”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I just stayed here last week, and it was so wonderful. People complain about the "noise". But we stayed at the bottom level directly on the street and never woke up to noisy sounds. It was so perfect and serene. And the roof top terrace makes this place a lot more special. I will definitely be back to this cute place! And I recommend it to anyone who likes to feel at home in another country. ❤️

Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Midland, Georgia
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I honestly don't know where to begin. I've been wanting to visit Sayulita and the Hafa ever since reading an article about it in Gypset. It was everything I thought it would be and then some! Staying here was personally very motivational and inspiring in a decorating/designing sense. The room we stayed in felt very fresh and comfortable...I loved the tapestries used on the bed. Everything was simple yet you can tell a lot of thought went into putting this place together. Make surf to sneak away to the roof at night you can hear music in the distance (maybe take a bottle of wine up and have a dance). Can't say enough nice things about the owner Marina, my husband and I we're in the process of moving to Costa Rica when we stayed here and had quite a bit of expensive gear in the back of the truck that we couldn't leave on the street. She was so kind and arranged for us to put our boxes in her neighbors garage, we can't thank her enough!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Charming Hotel! I was very skeptical after all the negative reviews about the noise but apart from a morning rooster (and with earplugs), I didn't have any issues at all. I stayed in room #4 so maybe it's noisier on the bar side? Again, no issues with noise for me.

Clean and simple furnishings - I had big windows I could open to let in a nice breeze. Upstairs patio was beautiful - shaded canopy for reading beneath was wonderful. Staff changed the linens on the patio furniture daily so nothing was ever sandy or dirty. Hotel's stone interior was hosed down daily as well. Complimentary morning coffee was a big plus!

Front doors were locked every night at 9 once reception staff left so everything was very secure and safe.

Will hope to come back soon!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask about quiet rooms if you are sensitive to noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AmyinRVA
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Adorable little hotel in the Center of the action. Best feature - a roof Terrace that makes me want to move in permanently. Super clean. Friendly and helpful owners. A little loud at night and a bit pricey. All in all though worth it.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank gruschi11
Sayulita, Mexico
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We were traveling with our 5 year old and spent 4 nights there. We stayed in a very nice room (#1). We had heard about the rooms being noisy due to the location but we wanted to stay downtown and brought ear plugs. We slept with the windows open, and yes, you could hear the music late at night and vehicle traffic in the morning, but I never used the ear plugs and neither did the 5 year old. My wife did, but does so regularly anyway. So for us, it was not a problem. If you need an extremely quiet environment to sleep in, you should probably not stay anywhere near the plaza or the party spots.

The roof top was a sweet spot, very comfortable and a nice place to sit and have a beer or a complementary shot tequila or brandy that they have up there for guests. I am not a big fan of Mexican wine, but they have a nice little bar downstairs with small selection of good wines by the glass. They also have wine by the bottle, but we did not try any.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ed G
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have always wanted to travel to Sayulita. I had heard wonderful things from friends, read about the location and a chance meeting with one of the incomparable Mignot sisters in the early 2000's sealed the deal for me. I would go... It was my beau's daughters wedding that lead us there and where else would we choose to stay than at the most perfect quaint Morracan styled boutique hotel called "Petit Hafa"

This gem is located in the heart of a city that stays alive into the wee hours of the morning. I must admit that our first night in was a bit tricky as it felt like the sounds of the city were directly in our room, but you only need a day in to and a chat with the ever handsome and charming Christophe to realize that this is all part of the experience and the noise we thought would keep us up during our stay, became the music that put us to us to sleep.

The staff is accommodating and gentile, the rooms are not only clean, but filled with personality. We stayed in room 1 and the walkway painted with the red heart that seemed to be an overall signature of that amazing city was not lost on is we loved that touch. We can't wait to get back and the hotel Hafa will be our hotel of choice.

Everything is within walking distance, I loved hanging on the beach while my friends surfed and the world seemed to come to me everything from the best tamales ever to the wild donuts...

The place is alive with people color and tons to do... Be sure to check out pachamama amazing store 2 doors from the beach. The treasures there seem endless too...

• Stayed February 2014
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed for three days in room 2 with our son. The room had everything we needed (a king and twin bed, a mini-fridge) and the hotel was very clean. The shared roof-top patio is what really makes this hotel stand out. It was beautiful and so comfortable. The owner was very helpful. The fan in our room was very squeaky and he gave us the air conditioning for free (it's normally $5). We also asked to check out a few hours later and he was able to accommodate this as well. The hotel is in a very central location, but can get loud at night. If we had the windows closed and the AC on, the noise was not a problem, however we didn't stay over a weekend and the weekends are very busy and loud so be warned :) I think for the price point this is an excellent hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family