“Lovely Palapa and a Really Friendly Staff!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Casa Buena Onda - Sayulita Surf Hotel
Ranked #5 of 23 Sayulita B&B and Inns
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
“Lovely Palapa and a Really Friendly Staff!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We loved our days at "La Casa Buena Onda", we stayed on the SeaHorse Palapa, and we had an excellent experience, the decoration is beautiful. We really enjoy the location, near to the beach and the downtown, but not enough to hear all the noise from the bars at night!

We were very happy to pic this place to stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emmanuel D

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Last year it was just my 19 year old son and I. We had a blast.
This year my wife, 2 daughters (19) and another 19 year old (boy friend) spent a week.
Very nice accommodations for a family. We had the whole upstairs to ourselves. I really enjoy the location because it feels like Mexico [i.e. not a resort]. Terry was a great host once again. He is there when you need him but leaves you to your space. We all enjoyed his gardening green thumb:)
The walk to town is a quick 5 minutes and very close to where I rent surfboards (Patricia's).
We may not be staying with Terry too much any more as he introduced us to a great couple that sold us a lot:) However, I very much look forward to seeing Terry out on morning sessions and for a beer.

Room Tip: there are three rooms. if solo definitely go for the single palapa. it is cool.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed in the seahorse palapa room and loved how homey and authentic it felt. There is a lovely kitchen and rooftop deck and everything is kept incredibly clean. Terry and Cheryl were also incredibly nice and helped me any questions I had about Sayulita or surrounding area. Would recommend Casa Buena Onda to anyone staying in Sayulita!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MeepMerp
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed here in a group with a total of 3 couples, renting out all 3 rooms. We had a fantastic experience! The place is so wonderfully (and colorfully) decorated. We loved having access to the roof and other deck space- pretty amazing stargazing!Terry and Sheryl were very helpful with everything! They had fantastic food and bar recommendations and were also helpful with finding surfing opportunities. The house is less than 5 minutes from the center of Sayulita, super convenient! We all hope to come back !!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My wife and I absolutely loved our stay at Casa Buena Onda. We stayed in the Seahorse Palapa room and loved the fresh open air. The rooms are safe, very clean and cozy, and all for a great price. One of the best features (besides the rooftop hammock) is its location. You are so close to all the action, without being too close to the action, just the right distance to step away if you want to relax. Another great feature of Casa Buena Onda is the owners Terry and Cheryl. They are really great people who gave us great pointers on where to take surf lessons, how to get to and from the airport, and great recommendations for where to eat and where to find more secluded beaches. We can’t wait to come back. Thanks a bunch you guys!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alanirv
Malibu, California
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Staying a Casa Buena Onda is more like visiting friends you didn't know you had. The room was comfortable attractive and clean. Clearly on the "right side of town," the walk to everything was easy, and Tery and Sheryl seemed more than willing to offer direction to anything that could make my visit more enjoyable. I wish I would have booked earlier so I could have stayed for my entire week. Next time and many times to come I will book early and book often.

Room Tip: All three rooms are great.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Casa Buena Onda was Great! Everything is within easy walking distance and makes their location perfect. We stayed both in the Palapa suite for a week and the Camarone room for the remainder of our stay. We had board storage in their courtyard, a fridge to keep the beer cold and a rooftop terrace to warm us up! Terry & Sheryl are terrific, easy going hosts and we would not hesitate to book another stay at the Casa Buena Onda. We had a amazing time in Sayulita!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple