“Amazing surf lessons with Beto and Ceasar!”

Sayulita Surf Day Camps
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing surf lessons with Beto and Ceasar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Just got back from Sayulita with a group of girls on a surf trip. So much fun! We all got up and had the best experience. The instructors were amazing, English was never a problem (Beto is fluent). The village is wonderful to explore, eat and shop. I can't wait to go back and take my husband and kids for surf lessons!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank robin r

Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“learn to"surf "in Mexico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

Sayulita is a great little surf town located about 30 minutes from Nuevo Vallarta, lots of accomodation,great snacks, and a surf shop every 30 paces in any direction! great beach for beginner surfers ,waves are always the rite size, and there are plenty of lessons available rite on the beach, really fun place to hang out for a couple of days.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank samaxe604
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Surfs Up Dude!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Out of the all the places we went while recently in Puerto Vallarta, our favorite place was Sayulita. Great little town, lots of wonderful little eateries and restaurants, cute shops (jewelry is your best bet) and a gorgeous beach with beach side dining and surfing options galore. Hubby surfed and enjoyed his lesson. I enjoyed exploring Sayulita on my own. We came here before PV and then spent a day trip coming back, loved it so much. Great vibe!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank DebrahG
San Francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“More than just getting you up on a board”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

I've had a few surf lessons before and was looking for something... more. Alberto taught us what terms like 'break', 'set' and 'closing out' mean. He taught us about the tides and what the moon has to do with surfing. Better still, he taught us how to read a wave, take it and get up on it - with his push and without. I left feeling a much deeper understanding of what surfing is about and feeling like I was ready to do this without him. Best lesson ever.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Minkgrrl
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

Beto is an amazing and professional instructor. I have surfed on and off for several years and wanted someone to take me beyond the basics which I had had over and over. Ive found other instructors were good surfers, but were unable to translate that to teaching me how to surf. Beto is an excellent teacher/coach. Each day we had different drills to work on and his instruction/criticism was concise and specific. I went from catching 3-4 waves on my last trip to catching 30+ waves on my own, improving my drop ins and bottom turns and understanding more about the dynamics and etiquette of the surf line up. Not only that, but after my 3 day camp was over, he found out that me and my brother were sick (Montezuma's revenge) and he went out of his way to bring us bananas and had a restaurant cook us plain white rice (harder to find than you would expect if you can't cook it yourself). Amazing experience and I couldn't recommend Beto more. I will be coming back to Sayulita just to learn from him again.

Visited January 2013