“Who would've thought....”

Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Who would've thought....”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I went to Sayulita w/ my wife and 2 of our friends. On a whim when we got to a T intersection @ the road and we chose to go right and that's where we came across Mangiafuoco. I lived in Italy for 2 years and am very particular about my Italian food because of that. Marco (Owner) right off the bat set the expectation. Really personable and genuine guy. He reminded me of being in Italy all over again! Everything here is made in house, from the pasta, the chesse, to the bread. We had the full 3 course meal and it was fantastic! We really enjoyed ourselves and plan on going back next time we are in Sayulita. A Marco: GRAZIE!!!!!!!

• Visited February 2014

Ottawa, Canada
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We ate here on Sat March 1st and we enjoyed our appetizer of cheese and meat. My husband then had pasta with sausage in a tasty sauce, decent potion. But I was dissapointed with the pasta and seafood plate ... the sauce was bland and there were small pieces of mussell shell integrated in the pasta. One of these pieces got stuck in my throat and I had to leave the table to try to dislodge it. The waiter Marco (perhaps one of the owners?) came over and suggested I drink some water to try to get it moving. That didnt help ... finally dislodged when I ate a small piece of bread. I showed Marco the pieces of shell in the dish and all he said was Sorry! Being hungry, I did finish the dish by picking my way carefully through the rest of it. I was surprised that he didnt offer some sort of discount on the bill. Also, his service in general was somewhat perfunctory, like he had better things to do than wait on tables. All in all, I think there are better restaurants in Sayulita.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Connie N
Calgary, Canada
“Italian in Mexico”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Was very surprised to find such good Italian, live music and wine in a this small town. It was a perfect meal, service and experience. Go here and eat beautiful, fresh pizza!

Visited February 2014
“Excellent Authentic Italian cuisine from Rome”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Sayulita is not Rome.
However, the charming garden setting, the authentic sauces, risotto, homemade pasta and wood fired pizzas will have you dreaming of Italy. We have been coming to Sayulita for the winter for 7 years. Mangiafuoco is a favorite, it is romantic and good for families. There is a european/Mexican vibe that offers something different here. Yes, Marco might be running around by himself, serving and bussing but he does it with style and service is great. Don't miss this gem, about 2 blocks up from Rollies.

• Visited January 2014
Paris
“Best Italian food outside of Italy!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Very authentic fresh food.. a great reprieve after two weeks of heavy Mexican fare:-). The owner is from Italy and settled in Sayulita because he fell in love with a Mexican woman. Their little girl Laura runs around in a pretty dress entertaining the guests.

Visited January 2014