“beautiful view”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Kukana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Casa Kukana
San Francisco, California
“beautiful view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Had a beautiful view and the pool was unbeatable but would avoid staying here in the off season. Very hard to get to in the dark as there are not many lights guiding the long uphill walk from town. Very hot with A/C's that marginally worked. Plumbing marginal as well!
On another note-The caretaker from the apartment was wonderful. Responded to every need and request promptly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank paska4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston Tx.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

Casa Kukana has all the amenities of a Rock Star Villa, with out the price. I like to stay here mostly because of the privacy, not to mention the view. You can see about 15 miles up the Coast. and you look right down on the main beach. This is the kind of place that if you were building, or buying a place in Sayulita you would want it layed out, and designed like this. The grounds are so well landscaped with local vegetation you would swear Casa Kukana has been here 50-60 years. This was our second time at Casa Kukana, and truthfully if it's not available for when we want to go, we would change our dates to make sure this is where will will be staying. The owner Suzanne is a walking best seller (she needs to write a book), to hear her story about finding the property, and turning it into Casa Kukana from scratch, is a real treat. This is not your ordinary rental in Sayulita, this is a Gem of a place that will keep you coming back for years. It's the perfect place for a couple, or a whole family with 3 different separate places to stay on property. The details have been well thought out to insure tranquility. Also the perfect place for a wedding. We can't wait to come back to Casa Kukana.

Room Tip: The Moroccan is our favorite with a full kitchen, and livingroom. We slept so well in the Air Condit...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Txguitarfreak
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

I recently spent a week here in June with my girlfriend and some friends. I had been to Sayulita on multiple occasions but we always stayed in the town. Casa Kukana was an excellent choice because of the great proximity to town and the beach, yet far enough to have privacy. We stayed in the charming two bedroom Moroccan bungalow which has a huge kitchen with everything you would need to for a excellent meal. The master bedroom has beautiful double sink handcrafted bathroom with two shower heads over looking the water. All the rooms have exceptional views of the jungle and the ocean. It is very convenient that all the rooms have A/C so at night you can cool things down before going to sleep. It is truly a magical place where you can relax by the infinity pool and read a good book, or go to the beach just steps away from the door step. Not to mention all the great surf and paddle boarding that is available! The grounds were just amazing, everything was perfectly manicured, the grass felt like velvet under my feet. It was great to have the nice grass to enjoy with the pool. All the staff are very friendly, Santiago and his family make everyone welcome at Casa Kukana, not to mention that they do an excellent job keeping the place clean. There are so many words i could say about this place, but you really need to go to believe it! the pictures dont do it justice! The views are absolutely beautiful! I would highly recommend Casa Kukana to any family or couple traveling to this quaint fishing town.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nick W
Redmond, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

My wife and I stayed at Casa Kukana for 8 days. It sits on top of a hill overlooking the south end of the Sayulita Beach. What a view! You can walk up/down the steps from Villa Amour (challenging) or you can take the road up/down. You are about 5 min from the beach. We stayed in the Morocco suite which has a large room with kitchen, huge deck, wonderful air conditioned bedroom and the most amazing and huge tub/shower. The entire side of the sweet facing the beach is open with screen doors. The breeze is always blowing even on the warmest of days. Suzanne the owner has been slowly building her home over the last 20 years. The architecture, colors, grounds and artwork are spectacular. There are countless species of birds chirping and entertaining all day long. There is a large pool perched on the beach side of the property with a nice lawn and well manicured gardens. Sayulita is a charming small surfing town frequented by Canadians and US citizens and you have a wide variety of restaurants. This is a perfect place to lounge in the sun or learn to paddle board or surf.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Boise, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

If I had to describe Casa Kukana in a single word - it would be paradise. I was sold the first time I walked up the steps and saw a view of the beach from the gorgeous grounds. I could have spent the entire week sitting beside the pool, reading a book and listening to the ocean waves.

We had a view of the ocean from the minute we woke up in the morning (from the bedroom) until we watched the sunset on the porch. I'm not sure I'll ever again take a shower while I watch the ocean waves careen onto the sand!

We happened to be in Sayulita on Easter weekend, when the town was incredibly busy and noisy. It was so pleasant to be at Casa Kukana, above the noise and away from the crowds.

I really enjoyed the stroll into town (no need to rent a car or golf cart) but beware. My 9-year-old counted, and there are 200 steps from Villa Amor to Casa Kukana. I loved it! I felt like I got in great shape just walking into town; but the location is not for the faint at heart.

I highly recommend staying at Case Kukana if you should make the wise decision to visit Sayulita. Suzanne and her family are lovely people, and they make the stay in Mexico all the more special!

P.S. Another bonus is the family's adorable dogs. We wanted (and nearly did!) take Monkey home with us!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MelindaNeely
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

I return every year to stay in Sayulita and always choose Casa Kukana. The accommodations, gardens and views from this property are stunning. The property is a family owned business and I have come to know and love staying here. Whatever you might need, the people who run Casa Kukana are always around, available and attentive. This is important, because I often travel alone and as a woman, feel a sense of safety and concern knowing that there are caring, concerned and sensitive people nearby. On the other hand, when I have enjoyed the pool or grounds, there is enough space that I feel the entire grounds are mine alone to enjoy. It's wonderful to have a book and read by the pool in a lounge chair or relaxing under the comfortable palapa nearby with the view and beauty of all of Sayulita bay. Fantastic location, excellent Mexican cabanas, this is truly one of my favorite places in the world to come and heal and enjoy. The family also owns a spa and shop where I've had amazing massage, mani/pedi's and brought home little goodies from their shop. They have amazing gifts, but you might not want to gift the things you buy there, but keep them for yourself!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank SherrylLaceyH
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

We stayed in the English Cottage for a week during the busiest time of year (Santa Semana), and Casa Kukana proved to be a wonderful oasis from the crowded town and beach. The room was perfect for a couple, and the shaded grounds were lovely. Suzanne was a great host! We found everything comfortable, clean and beautiful. The noise from town funnels up the hill, but there is air conditioning in the room which made sleeping no problem. There were iguanas on the hill, beautiful birds in the trees, and friendly pets to keep us company. Suzanne had good information on beaches to walk to that were less crowded. This is a great place to stay if you like to get exercise, as there is a hill to walk from town. For us, this was worth the distance from all the noise in town, plus a wonderful view. You can always take a taxi or rent a golf cart if you don't want to walk. We would definitely return here, and I recommend it highly!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple