“Magnificent!”
Review of Casa Kukana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Casa Kukana
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Casa Kukana for two weeks in November 2013. It was incredibly relaxing and healing. The Casa is on a hill overlooking the main beach of Sayulita and the coastline. I found myself soaking in the pool or lounging on the beautifully manicured garden and just staring out. The stairs down to the beach and town provide a very easy way to get fit-and I took the stairs several times a day! The owner, Suzanne, has incredible taste in art and furniture and I felt like a princess in my bungalow. Suzanne was also very sweet and friendly without being imposing. Sometimes I felt like I had the entire Casa to myself. I keep a picture of the view from the pool on my desk and can't wait to return next year. I booked immediately after coming home! This is definitely one of the nicest places to stay and Sayulita is just awesome!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Laurie H

Reviewed 8 March 2014

In February 2014 I celebrated my 50th with my sister and two girlfriends in the most beautiful villa up on a hill over looking the most charming town of Sayulita. The rooms are warm and feel like you are sleeping in a work of art. The views are breathtaking and Susanne the owner treats you like family. This is a five star experience without the five star price. Don't look any further for a place to stay in Sayulita. You have found it....

Room Tip: Each room is its own jewel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gratitude2014
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Three friends and I just spent 6 nights at Casa Kukana to celebrate one of our birthdays. We couldn't have had a better time had we tried. Everything about our stay was wonderful. The rooms were decorated beautifully and appointed with everything that we needed for our stay. The grounds were beautiful and impeccably maintained, and the views were to die for. The 2 things that I enjoyed most about staying at Casa Kukana was: the privacy and the wonderful hospitality of the owner, Suzanne, her family and staff. They truly went above and beyond to make sure our stay was as enjoyable and carefree as possible. As a result, we had the most amazing time and I know I will return there as soon as I have the opportunity. Sayulita is a magical place and Casa Kukana was the perfect retreat for us. Suzanne and her family have been in Sayulita for a while, and therefore were able to answer all of our questions with an insiders perspective. I have never felt more at home on a vacation. Everything was relaxed, everything was easy and the surroundings were breathtakingly beautiful.

Room Tip: The largest room with the full kitchen is definitely the best. We rented all three rooms which fit...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank milne14
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I recently stayed at Casa Kukana for 12 days as part of a trip to celebrate my mother's 60th birthday. We were looking for somewhere beautiful, with plenty of space but safe for our little 4 month old son, and close to the beach. We couldn't have been happier with our choice. Casa Kukana literally has some of the best views in Sayulita and is only a few minutes walk from the beach and the town centre. We were in the 2 bedroom Moroccan place and it was beautiful - the bedrooms were beautifully decorated and the bathrooms were awesome, with an huge tub and views of the coast line. The amazing terrace was perfect for enjoying breakfast in the shade, or watching the incredible thunder storms roll in across the hills and ocean (we were there in August so it was the rainy / stormy season). Our little boy absolutely loved the pool and we all enjoyed relaxing in the sun loungers surrounded by the lovely tropical garden. The place was equipped with everything we needed to be able to cook for ourselves whenever we didn't feel like eating out, and the place was kept very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mitrafeldman
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Had a beautiful view and the pool was unbeatable but would avoid staying here in the off season. Very hard to get to in the dark as there are not many lights guiding the long uphill walk from town. Very hot with A/C's that marginally worked. Plumbing marginal as well!
On another note-The caretaker from the apartment was wonderful. Responded to every need and request promptly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank paska4
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Casa Kukana has all the amenities of a Rock Star Villa, with out the price. I like to stay here mostly because of the privacy, not to mention the view. You can see about 15 miles up the Coast. and you look right down on the main beach. This is the kind of place that if you were building, or buying a place in Sayulita you would want it layed out, and designed like this. The grounds are so well landscaped with local vegetation you would swear Casa Kukana has been here 50-60 years. This was our second time at Casa Kukana, and truthfully if it's not available for when we want to go, we would change our dates to make sure this is where will will be staying. The owner Suzanne is a walking best seller (she needs to write a book), to hear her story about finding the property, and turning it into Casa Kukana from scratch, is a real treat. This is not your ordinary rental in Sayulita, this is a Gem of a place that will keep you coming back for years. It's the perfect place for a couple, or a whole family with 3 different separate places to stay on property. The details have been well thought out to insure tranquility. Also the perfect place for a wedding. We can't wait to come back to Casa Kukana.

Room Tip: The Moroccan is our favorite with a full kitchen, and livingroom. We slept so well in the Air Condit...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Txguitarfreak
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I recently spent a week here in June with my girlfriend and some friends. I had been to Sayulita on multiple occasions but we always stayed in the town. Casa Kukana was an excellent choice because of the great proximity to town and the beach, yet far enough to have privacy. We stayed in the charming two bedroom Moroccan bungalow which has a huge kitchen with everything you would need to for a excellent meal. The master bedroom has beautiful double sink handcrafted bathroom with two shower heads over looking the water. All the rooms have exceptional views of the jungle and the ocean. It is very convenient that all the rooms have A/C so at night you can cool things down before going to sleep. It is truly a magical place where you can relax by the infinity pool and read a good book, or go to the beach just steps away from the door step. Not to mention all the great surf and paddle boarding that is available! The grounds were just amazing, everything was perfectly manicured, the grass felt like velvet under my feet. It was great to have the nice grass to enjoy with the pool. All the staff are very friendly, Santiago and his family make everyone welcome at Casa Kukana, not to mention that they do an excellent job keeping the place clean. There are so many words i could say about this place, but you really need to go to believe it! the pictures dont do it justice! The views are absolutely beautiful! I would highly recommend Casa Kukana to any family or couple traveling to this quaint fishing town.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends