For our first solo vacation together, my boyfriend and I decided to take friends' advice and find a place outside Puerto Vallarta.
After searching around and doing my homework, I landed on Hacienda de la Costa, which I liked because:
1) It was small, private and for adults (5 rooms, 21+ only, 10 people total)
2) It was located outside the main city of Sayulita (we wanted to be surrounded by nature as much as possible)
3) The price was right (the room, the property, the company, our hosts and their pets, location, the VIEW and DELICIOUS free breakfasts made this worth well more than what we paid)
We weren't disappointed when we showed up. What you see in the pictures IS what you get - and then some. Steve and Terri are amazing, welcoming, accommodating hosts who helped make our stay special.
Yes - be aware that the property is located 2 miles from town, through the jungle and up narrow cobblestone and dirt roads. If you don't want to walk the 35-45 minute journey each way, or spend $15 each way on a cab, don't stay here. However, it wasn't a big issue for us - the walk was beautiful.
You also have access to two semi-private beaches, which are awesome and much more low key than the beaches in Sayulita proper.
Don't hesitate to stay here - if we're ever back in Sayulita, this is where we're staying. Highest recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda de La Costa is an adults-only secluded haven offering a spectacular location with ocean views, jungle surroundings and close proximity to secluded beaches. Hacienda de La Costa is an ideal destination for nature lovers, the adventurous and the young at heart. Whether you have your sights set on adrenaline charged activity or you just long for a peaceful spot to unwind and relax, our location within an ecological preserve provides the perfect backdrop for what is truly an “off the beaten path” getaway.Located just two miles from the bustling ocean side village of Sayulita,Hacienda de la Costa enjoys the privacy of an exclusive retreat while the attractions of pueblo life are within easy reach. The romantic natural setting boasts secluded sandy beaches, sun-drenched days and starry nights perfect for making unforgettable memories. With 5 spacious suites, accommodating a maximum of 10 adult guests, tranquility is assured. Complimentary breakfast served poolside with a different entrée each morning in addition to the daily selection of fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, juice and coffee. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda De La Costa Hotel Sayulita