“Tranquility Base on the Tropic Shores!”
Review of Majahua Palms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Troncones
Majahua Palms
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Seattle
“Tranquility Base on the Tropic Shores!”
Reviewed 15 April 2010

My wife and I were fortunate to join a close group of couples at Majahua Palms for a week of peaceful repose, and relaxed interaction. This week turned out to be one of the best vacations we have had anywhere in the world!

Serving as our Tranquility Base for the week was Majahua Palms, a resort exuding a casual elegance on a quiet stretch of secluded beach. The layout of the resort consists of a few deluxe suites, and a fabulous group of bungalows surrounding the central command structure of a pool and restaraunt. All view west to the very private beach, and the soothing waves of the Pacific Ocean. Just the memory of it conjures the urge to have a margurita.

My wife and I enjoyed one of the spacious air conditioned suites- a mucho grande lair with every convenience. We toured the bungalows our friends were staying in, and they were also huge and wonderfully decorated- I kept expecting to run into Bogey and Becall on a secret get away in one of them.

The restaurant is superb. And best of all, the staff caters to every need and whim. The cuisine exudes fresh, authentic, and quality in every phase. The prices are very reasonable, and the value factor is off the charts! Dinners are excellent and feature choice of authentic Mexican or continental cuisines. The open air bar and restaurant are only steps from the pool, and this pavilion becomes your daytime HQ while you are here. And all this is just a few yards from your suite or bungalow.

The staff is very accessible and accommodating. Mike and Benito are incredible to work with, and it is like being part of the family when you are there. These guys, and the whole crew, are outstanding.

One particular highlight was an evening when after dinner, a local entertainer performed. Everyone danced and enjoyed the music as the tempo of the evening elevated, while the sun was going down. After getting a bit warm from the frenzy of dance, we cooled off with a late evening pool party, enjoying a cocktails while floating in the healing waters of the Majahua Palms pool.

The bar is always open and poolside service makes your leisurely days of repose of reading a book on the poolside terrace extremely enjoyable! This experience is so much more calming than hanging out a mega-resort. A week at Majahua Palms brings about a personal renaissance, and you are born again after the refreshing relaxation.

If you have to check in with the office, wireless internet is available in the restaurant/bar, and Skype works great to keep in touch with the kids, unless you have forgotten them entirely while entranced with the enchanting Pacific breezes.

What happens at Majahua Palms, stays at Majahua Palms! Except for the rejuvenation and revitalization that comes home with you!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank juicedontravel

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Washington
Reviewed 15 April 2010

The sights were breath taking, the food tickled my taste buds, the staff and service was next to perfection, and the owners were beyond gracious!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
seattle, wa
Reviewed 11 April 2010

My wife and I decided to stay in Troncones after we had driven through 2 years ago. We were attracted to how small and laid back it was. We found Majahua Palms on the internet after what seemed like an exhaustive and confusing search. Finally, what made us choose this hotel was we wanted a small hotel with a pool and a restaurant. What sold us before we got there was the immediate email responses and helpful information from Mike, the hotel manager.

It's a little bit of a trek to get to the hotel from the ZIH airport but once youre there, it is an oasis! The hotel is in such an area that a car is a must. Although the food at the hotel is excellent, you'll find yourself going to the small town of Troncones for booze, ice and snacks. It is probably about a 1.5 miles to the nearest store. Majahua Palms is actually located in Majahua which if you blinked, youd miss it. There are restaurants there that look a little sketchy but we had the best tacos and seafood there and never got ill.

But the real treat here is the service of the hotel. From the time we woke up, there was a pot of coffee on our porch. I looked forward to that everyday watching the pelicans dive in the ocean with a great cup of coffee. Awesome start to the day. We had breakfast every day at the hotel and the restaurant service is very pleasant. Mike and/or his wife were there to share a joke or a story with you while you lingered at your leisure while you planned your day. If you wanted a massage, they would set it up for the next day. My wife and I both got one a couple times for $35 each for an hour.

We would then lounge about the pool and maybe go for a scenic jog along the dirt road that went both north or south back into Troncones. We would go North and run into cowboys herding cows along the road, horses and pigs along the canal. I almost stepped on an Iguana and screamed like a little girl. Luckily, I was jogging by myself and no one saw!

When we would get back to our room, the maid would place fresh flowers on our bed. Everyday there was a new piece of art that she had made out of a towel. Sounds odd, but she could make any animal out of that towel and flowers! It was little things like this that endeared us to the Mahajua Palms.

We would then start our Happy Hour a little earlier and earlier every day, playing dice or cards on our patio. Just plan your ice run accordingly into town. We would then go into town to eat at Troncones. There are lots of little cheap restaurants where the food is amazing!

I would highly recommend this hotel if you like quiet, out of the way places with fantastic views and service that outclasses any world class hotel. If you want it, they will get it for you with a genuine smile. This is probably the best service we have had at any hotel. If I would say anything negative, I would have an air conditioner because I like it a little cooler than open air bungalows with an overhead fan. It is right on the beach so it isnt overwhelming.

1 Thank brody400
Portland, OR
Reviewed 6 April 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at Majahua Palms for five nights. The staff is like a tight knit family and is ready to serve. Everything about this place is so beautiful and relaxing. We were often on the beach alone. If you are in shape and adventurous, ask Mike, or his wife Lori about the cave hike within walking distance. You will be amazed! The housekeeping staff took extra time and care to make our hut look amazing every afternoon, with fresh cut flowers and towel designs. The best touch, is the hot fresh coffee waiting for you when you wake. Can't wait to go back!

minnesota
Reviewed 28 March 2010

I've been spoiled and don’t know if I’ll ever find a place as well rounded, relaxing and simply as perfect as Majahua Palms. Mike, his wonderful wife Lori, Bonito and their staff were extremely accommodating, they also paid attention to the details. Coffee in place when we woke, the freshest food I have ever and I mean EVER ate. The food was so good in fact that I've been very upset since I returned home. My girlfriend and I have been searching for similar ingredients but it is just not the same. The beaches are perfect for the couples that want to just walk. The sights along the beach include volcanic rock, loose running horses and cattle (they keep out of your way and are beautiful to watch), lagoons with too many type of birds to count, neat little creatures and of course the never forgetful sound of waves rolling in unison to our mother earth’s rotation. Talk about good night sleeps; I haven’t slept that well in a long time. There are many things to do if you find that you can’t sit still and soak in the beauty of this remote Mexican location. You can boogie board (be sure to ask Bonito were to go), you can also try to kayak the surf, or kayak the lagoon, hike into the mountains and climb into some amazing caves with Lori as you guide or simply relax by the beautiful pool near the restaurant. I will return to this wonderful place within a year and I really can’t wait.

Minnesota
Reviewed 19 March 2010

Where do I begin.... The food, the casitas, the staff, the owners, the location, the weather?! They were all more than I hoped for! My boyfriend and I went for a week in March of fun in the sun. We were graciously greeted by the owners and shown to our lovely casita that was roomy, very clean, adorned with flowers and local decor. It was the view I enjoyed most, being "beachfront" was exactly that! Reading in the hammock on the porch while listening to the surf break was fantastic! The food was so delicious that my boyfriend and I each gained a few pounds and we tried everything on the menu, it just kept getting better! We boogie boarded, fished, combed the beach, swam and took long walks along the deserted beach, but still managed to gain weight! The food is really that good! We were both sad to leave our new friends (the entire staff was great) but without a doubt we know we'll be back....soon!!!

Montana
Reviewed 1 March 2010

We could not have asked for a better vacation experience. Staying at Mahajua Palms had something for all of us, even satisfying the unpredictable interests of 13 and 11 year old sisters. We relaxed at pool side, explored quiet beaches, and enjoyed good meals. Dad caught a mess of fish going out with Benitio in his boat and even landed a few from shore. We all had hours of fun playing in the surf. The hospitality provided by Mike, Lori, Benito and the others made us feel right at home. Gorgeous, relaxing, clean, comfortable and friendly.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#1 of 10 in Troncones
Tronco Bay Inn Resort
Tronco Bay Inn Resort
#14 of 15 in Troncones

Been to Majahua Palms? Share your experiences!