“After our second stay here, I will happily return again!”

Tronco Bay Inn Resort
Ranked #14 of 15 Troncones B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I am incredibly surprised to read some of the poor reviews that Tronco Bay Inn has received! This is the second time I have visited them over the week of Thanksgiving, and on both occasions I left wishing I had more time at this lovely hotel. My mother has rented rooms here for multiple Thanksgivings now, and she has even received a discount for being a return guest.

For the price, it really is a great bargain. The beach just in front of the hotel is beautiful, the pool is lovely and well-maintained, and the food at the restaurant is delicious! The included breakfasts (especially the chilaquiles!) with fresh-squeezed orange juice are a great way to start the day after an early morning dip in the ocean just steps from your room.

The staff has always been very friendly and jovial--it's nice to feel at home when you're on vacation! My only complaint would be that we had to ask for fresh towels. But even when we had trouble with our air-conditioner, they were quick to repair it with no problems. Both my boyfriend and I thouroughly enjoyed our stay and will hopefully return next year. Thanks, Bruno, for a great week!

Room Tip: The rooms with an ocean view on the second floor are spectacular with great high ceilings-- this kee...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 April 2011

Don't be fooled by some of the less than positive reviews of this place. It is the best of the options for a couple who likes to surf and two kids that want to learn, but also have the energy to spend hours in the pool. The food at the restaurant is really good-the fish tacos and homemade salsas were amazing. The staff were polite, helpful, and generous. The atmosphere was heavenly. You are right on the water, the surf and sunset are picture perfect. The rooms are clean and the air conditioning is a plus. To all the staff-and Sergio, our intrepid guide, thank you from the Parker family for taking care of us, our sea urchin injuries, and our broken boards. Hope to see you soon! If it were just me, I'd be back next week for a vacation from my vacation!

Room Tip: Room 4 is beautiful.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2011

We just returned from a week long stay at Tronco bay Inn. The staff was wonderful. Juan the owner took great care of us, he even toojk us to the doctor when I got hurt. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The Inn sits right on the beach and the pool and resturant back up to the sand. There is great cove there for surfing, walking the beach and playing in the water. This is a small, simple place to stay at a great price and I would recommend it!

Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank coriap123
Reviewed 23 March 2011

We spent 8 glorious days here and found the large clean rooms, air conditioning, warm pool, restaurant and staff to be great. Its located at one of the best swimming spots on the beach. It is not the fanciest place in the area but definitely the best value. It had everything we needed. Troncones is a great place to go if you want to relax, relax then relax some more.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2011

We stayed over New Years and had a wonderful time. The hotel is on the beach with simple, clean rooms. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The traditional Mexican style food was very good. I discussed some of the lesser reviews with the owner and he said that the previous manager was let go due to his poor performance. The owner is sprucing the place up - new TVs, etc - and taking a more hands on approach. I would recommend the Tronco Bay Inn to anyone looking for a friendly, clean hotel in Troncones.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thalikias
Reviewed 2 January 2011

I've been waiting a while to write this review with the hope that the owner would follow up on what he said in terms of refunding my deposit. Tired of waiting, so hoping this helps other travelers save the headache and book somewhere other than Tronco Bay Inn.
I booked in April of 2010 for a Dec stay with three other families. Cancelled our trip in October, well before the 'point of no return' in terms of my $900 (cash) deposit being refunded.
Long story short... it's been one lie after another from Tronco Bay Inn. Still no refund... (last promise was they'd refund at least two of the four families by Dec 10th) No email reply or returned phone calls either.
Book elsewhere and please let them know you're NOT booking with them due to their dishonest business practices!

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 29 October 2010

Just visited,, we loved the fish tacos.. definetely try them, the hotel is very clean,, and the staff very friendly, first time in the area, definetely coming back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
1 mi away
Hotel Suites Ixtapa Plaza
Troncones Point Hostel
Troncones Point Hostel
#1 of 9 in Troncones

Been to Tronco Bay Inn Resort? Share your experiences!