“Peaceful and relaxing”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Peaceful and relaxing”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Great people, food, and atmosphere. If you get a chance to visit their mountain retreat a few hours away, I highly recommend it as well.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I just had a 1 week stay at PMR with family during the christmas holidays!
All I can say is that this places rocks! Not only the quality of the bungalows is exceptional, the food is to die for, but the personal atention by everyone who works there, specially by Tom and Beba, makes you feel you are at home in some secret paradise!
My kids loved the place, we took one Yoga class and we are now thinking seriously to do at least 1 family class per week.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I was lucky enough to stay at Present Moment for 3 weeks this October for it's very first Yoga Teacher Training Course. Aside from the actual course itself being amazing (life changing), staying at Present Moment was a truly special experience. The bungalows are so gorgeous and beautifully crafted, I love the showers (good water pressure) and the grounds are super lovely. I swam in the pool every day, often multiple times a day. The pool and the grounds are very well maintained. Present Moment is just minutes from the Ocean so you can easily go from the pool to the ocean in a matter of minutes.

The yoga deck is unreal, who wouldn't want to practice yoga and stare at the ocean and listen to the waves? Yes, please.

The restaurant....Oh the restaurant. Everything in the restaurant is amazing, including the staff. It is a pretty special feeling to walk into a restaurant and be greeted by first name. Many of the staff even remembered what I would usually order. The Lasi smoothie is my favorite. The restaurant is perfect for a carnivore or a vegetarian. The drinks are also good and they try to make them all as naturally as possible, the margarita is the best.

CJ, the owner, is pure love. If you visit, I hope that she is there so that you can meet her!

I tell everyone I know to go to Present Moment, whether they do yoga or not. Present Moment Retreat is paradise.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Sophie C
Montana
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Food overpriced. Staff a little pompous, maybe a little spacey? Not what I'd go to Troncones for.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MontanaJeff
natureboy56, Owner at Present Moment Retreat, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Your review states that you stayed with us as a couple; however we have no record of a reservation under your name in November...interesting? The restaurant at Present Moment prides itself on sourcing the finest, freshest local ingredients for our menu selections; therefore our prices may indeed be higher than most. We prefer to offer healthy, delicious and beautifully presented international cuisine rather than the run of the mill Mexican dishes. Our staff is generally adored; and they love their jobs, so it's quite unusual to hear a comment like yours...I'm not sure what to say. Fortunately our clients return again and again, often twice or more daily, to enjoy the breathtaking location, exemplary service and mouthwatering cuisine.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 19 November 2011

It's like stepping into paradise when you walk through the doors of Present Moment retreat. During my stay I kept repeating in my mind "heaven IS on earth" and I think its because that is how this place makes you feel. Not only are the surroundings breathtaking (imagine palm trees, big beautiful butterflies, sound of crashing waves because the ocean is literally a few steps away) but the staff are out of this world friendly and do everything with so much love. This especially comes out in the food! The food is AMAZING. I just read this previous posting about a peanut allergy incident. I also have severe peanut allergies (I carry an epi-pen as well) and stayed at Present Moment for 3 weeks to do a yoga teacher training course and not once did I have an incident as the staff knew about my allergy. It is important to always ask double check wherever you go but I know they were accommodating my needs so if I could stay there incident free for 3 weeks, that says a lot. Also, I had my MacBook, my expensive camera and other goodies that I left laying around here and there and nothing was stolen and it was the first time..in a VERY long time.. that I felt 100% safe.
SURFERS! There are many waves to be had in Troncones and the surrounding areas like Saladitas (if you happen to like long rides and waves pumping out consistently one after the other). There are some other secret spots that if you ask around, you'll figure it out pretty quick where to go.
Lastly, the locals in Troncones are fantastic. I've been to other parts of Mexico where you feel constantly harassed to give money or buy things.. of course there is still a little of this but I'd say it was about 80- 90% less than what I'm used to in certain areas of Mexico & Central America.
Ok this is really the last thing- the yoga teachers there are also top notch. I stayed for a week after our course ended and was experienced the regular classes. The yoga was great for all levels, holistic and very rejuvenating.

If you're looking for a hidden gem for rejuvenation, self-exploration, yoga, surfing, and friendly faces, this is it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank SurfBetty9
Troncones, Mexico
Reviewed 15 November 2011

......Stayed in Troncone's for 10 days, ate at all the local spots, delicious food!!!!! 1 meal at Present Moment and it almost killed my wife. She has nut allergies and we specifically told them about it and 30 min after we ate, we had to take epi-pin, hour later and another shot. Hard to find a doctor at 9p, she was up all night with crazy hives and puking . When Tom the owner asked "what are you gonna do about it with a smirk on his face (your wife having allergic reaction? I payed bill and left with intention of kicking his butt tomorrow for being an irresponsible restaurant owner. Worst Yoga class i've EVER taken!!!

Room Tip: Never go to Present Moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank king88888888
natureboy56, Owner at Present Moment Retreat, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
We feel terrible regarding your girlfriend's (not wife's) reaction due to her allergies. At no point prior to your meal did either of you inquire if we included nuts in our recipes. It's true that we do not list every ingredient included in each one of our menu selections; however we do, and always have, accommodate dietary restrictions with pleasure. We believe that the customer has a responsibility to make it clearly known to our staff that they have any pre-existing medical conditions...we carefully take precautionary measures at that point. Our restaurant is an exceptional, 4 star dining experience for 99% of our clients, and we pride ourselves on a high standard of quality and exemplary service. I sincerely asked how does your girlfriend remedy the mistaken ingestion of nuts, and you rushed out without an answer. Within an hour after your departure, you emailed me with a threatening, profanity laced note, filled with non stop abuse (I have the original)...not cool.
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2011

this place is absolutely wonderful . . . the accommodations are unique . . . impeccable . . . the personnel is irreprochable . . . was there for 14 days and ate there every day morning and dinner and every single meal was so delicious and the service so friendly and efficient. . . participated in the yoga even though I was a beginner I felt at ease and what about the massages . . . sublime . . . the premises are so beautiful and so well taken care of. . . the place is secluded and very private . . . never felt in danger . . . I would recommend this very special place without any restrictions. . .

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JoBras
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#7 of 22 in Ixtapa
Hotel Roberto's Bistro
Hotel Roberto's Bistro
#13 of 15 in Troncones

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!