“Retreat for the spirit”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
CT
“Retreat for the spirit”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

In March I brought with me a group of 6 yoginis to what I consider one of the most special places in the world. As happens when traveling with others, we all had our own hopes, expectations and personal requests as to what was most important to us. Every single wish was far surpassed at PM. The lodging and retreat center is so peaceful you never feel the need to wander much further than the beach. To practice our yoga every day at the movement pavilion was mesmerizing with the waves crashing and the glow of the sunshine gently moving across the floor. Every single meal surprisingly gets better than the next and this was shocking when out of 7 women there was never 1 of us that wished we had ordered something else. PM truly serves some of the best food I have ever eaten, especially at a resort.. hands down :)
Every massage/ facial and body work session was professionally and sincerely approached. You simply can not go wrong.. CJ and Tom and the PM staff have poured their hearts into PM and every detail shows. I can't wait to return despite the 12 hour flight with 2 layovers :) The first time my husband and I went we extended our stay 3 times, it is just that special kind of place!

Room Tip: They all have fantastic views of the pool and the ocean is only a few steps away!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I found about about this place on Groupon. From the moment I arrived a was welcomed by everyone there. I had never traveled alone anywhere in my life so needless to say I was a little nervous. However, my fears quickly subsided. I was able to meet and bond with women from all over the world here. We really did become a family those few days I was there. There food is amazing and there yoga/meditation classes left me feeling realaxed, enlightened and rejuvanated. Thanks CJ, Coby and the Present Moment Staff for a wondeful time !!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Kimberly P
San Francisco
Reviewed 17 June 2012

It had been about 3 years that I wanted to go to Present Moment but I had to cancel all the time because I was overworked. A friend of mine couln't stop raving about it and told me the most amazing things, about the beauty of it, the amazing organic food, the yoga, the warm prisitne sea, the surf spots, it sounded so magical. I finally made it happen and I must say it was even beyond my expectations. When I arrived, I was beyond tired and had to go through a big transition. I think this week was the best medicine I could offer to myself. I did a juice cleanse (that was a very interesting experience although the food I could see at the restaurant looked so divine, it made it hard sometimes for me to stick to that cleanse, but I made it and felt amazing). Everyone is adorable and very professionnal, all the therapists are true healers and most of the time also very good yoga teachers too. The bunglaows are super clean and they think about all the details, there is an internet access still (which is good from time to time even if we should not, right?). Don't think twice, just go now!! I will go every year, twice if I can! Loved, loved, loved it!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Caroline W
Atascadero, California
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Present Moment Retreat Center is an amazing sacred space. I came with a heavy heart and need for transformation. From the first step into the lush beautiful gardens, I was embraced by a tranquility and harmony that sparked the inner muse. It wasn't just the beautiful bungalow with fabulous food, flirting with the warm waves and kayaking through the tributaries that inspired the senses, but It was being embraced by a loving supportive community of conscious, people who care. The staff was incredibly kind and supportive, and the yoga and meditation classes were healing for the body, mind and spirit. I am forever grateful to CJ, Tom and all the wonderful people that I met along the journey. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Emily Y
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This was our third visit to Present Moment. It just keeps getting better. Our week there was one of absolute sublimity & was very difficult to leave. Thought I would say a few words to those of you that are not necessarily "yoga folks" lest you think this is all there is to do at PM. Tho we enjoy yoga & occasionally participate this was not the primary focus of our trip tho I will say there is an amazing calming & peaceful element added to a stay here just by being in the vicinity of those who are practicing regularly. In particular we enjoyed our breakfast daily at the amazing restaurant (the deck has been extended since our last visit & is much more spacious w/tables even CLOSER now to the crashing waves) while witnessing morning yoga sessions always followed by a walk down the beautiful & unspoiled beach. As always the fellow travelers as well as the staff were sort of impossibly wonderful to meet & know. Special thanks to staff members CJ, Cody,Jessica, Juan, Jeri & Emily for making us feel so welcome & comfortable. I am particularly a freak for good service & I must say the quality of service at PM always exceeds my expectations. As we live in inland/central Mexico we were particularly in search of sun & surf. After spending three days barely leaving the property we made day trips to Playa Ropa, Isla Ixtapa (for coral reef snorkeling) & Playa Barra Potosi all of of which are less than an hour away returning every evening to cool down in the gorgeous pool, watch the amazing tropical birds that swirled around us & enjoy happy hour before getting ready for dinner. Treat yourself to this amazing place !

Room Tip: For a couple I highly recommend Bliss. Our single friend had Wisdom which was perfect & would wo...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank rubi55Pozos_mexico
Manchester, ME
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Present Moment Retreat is every bit as wonderful as the photos look! It is the real deal if you want to go to a place that is delightful in every sense: the food is fantastic, the grounds and palapas are so thoughtfully designed, comfortable and beautiful, CJ and Tom and all of the employees are kind and wonderful and the setting is peaceful and restful. You can choose what you want to do when, the classes were awesome and the body work was great. I will be going back to this place! What a find!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
colorado
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Present Moment is one of the most extraordinary, magical, serene places to dive into the realms of the calmness and inner solitude of self. The staff treat you like family, the food is 5-star, the sleeping huts are your own fanatasy to escape into the present of satisfying your senses through each and every moment you stay in this tranquil place. Get away to relax and renew your inner spirit, inner child , your inner voice that is telling you that you deserve the best. The best is waiting for you here at Present Moment.

Room Tip: Each hut is positioned for your own jubilation of indulgence. I believe there is only one hut with a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
Gamma de Fiesta Inn Plaza Ixtapa
Troncones Point Hostel
Troncones Point Hostel
#1 of 10 in Troncones

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!