“Peaceful, Tranquil, Incredible”

Present Moment Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed a week at this beautiful resort. It was just what I needed to relax and "change the channel" from my crazy life. The gardens are one of the most amazing parts of the place with statues and different flowers tucked into every corner. Each room is a little hut with lovely furnishings, nets over the bed, a beautiful walk in shower and 24 hour calming ocean sounds. Every morning there is meditation and yoga on a platform that looks out over the ocean. Another one of the best parts is the food. Incredible, fresh, beautifully presented dishes and drinks. There are also massages and other treatments in rooms near the beach. Did I say "incredible" enough?

Getting there: you fly into ZIH and take a taxi. Make sure you go to the permanent taxi stand (on the right next to front door). It costs about 80$US. (Cheaper on return taxi) There were some men selling condos or timeshare visits trying to talk me into their taxi... Don't fall for that.

At the resort, it's probably best to buy one of the package deals and then you won't have the stress of thinking about your budget (like me).

As the rooms are open to the beach, there is no AC. It was hot and humid on many of the days until these amazing rain storms came and cooled it off. Bring comfortable, cool, casual clothes. Many people walked around in yoga clothes or sarongs.

There were only a few children there and even though they are welcome, it seemed that besides the pool, there was little to do. Definitely honeymooners there!

Room Tip: All are incredible!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband, two 5 year olds, and I stayed at Present Moment in May. It was wonderful in every way. The setting is beautiful and tranquil, the yoga classes are great (my kids even participated) and oh wow, the food!!! The restaurant's menu is diverse and presents a variety of options depending on your palate, style of eating (raw, vegan, etc.), and appetite. The one time we ventured "off campus" we regretted it, so I recommend eating all of your meals at PM...you won't get bored as there are so many delicious options and you will never tire of the food or the setting. And the service is outstanding - the staff is attentive, professional, and friendly. We had some great adventures (kayaking, horseback riding on the beach) that the staff at PM kindly arranged for us and made the trip even more memorable. We will definitely go back!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nikki H
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband, our toddler and I arrived on July 26 and stayed at PMR for 9 days. Gorgeous place and location. Incredible people work there and the vibe is genuine and refreshing for any stressed mind and soul. I did the Be Light package and enjoyed that raw vegan food like I would never ever imagined. Indeed, I bought 2 books of raw recipes and I have been making some recipes since we came back! My baby girl was welcomed to join the Yoga classes by both instructors and guests. She has a life threatening condition to nuts, eggs and fish and the restaurant (one of the best I have ever eaten at) made sure nothing would contaminate her food. The staff was absolutely fantastic. All Yoga instructors are really good. Gentle Yoga is what they do. Meditation is at 8am. You must get massage from Ikai and do at least one session of hypnotherapy with him...every guest I met and even my husband had hypnotherapy sessions with Ikai and they all said it was like a cloud was removed from their head. We stayed in the only room with A/C called "Peace". It is located above the office but super quiet and perfect for us having a little child. All the bungalows are also very beautiful but no A/C if that's what u need. I didn't hear any guest complaining about not having A/C. All rooms also have internet access which was great for us when my husband needed to check few things at work. The pool and landscape are very exotic and it was so beautiful to do Yoga right on the platform in front of the ocean. Cobi and JC helped me choosing the phase for the Be Light package and were super helpful, Nobody here pressures u into anything. I can't think of anything negative about PMR: from the owners to the staff to the gorgeous location to the spotless rooms to the AMAZNG food and drinks (the best ingredients for sure) made this experience for both my husband, our baby girl and myself something to remember for ever! We totally recommend PMR!!! If u are a couple, you'll love it. If u travel solo, you'll make friends for life, if u have a kid, your kid will not want to come back!!!

Room Tip: "Peace" if you want a very quiet room and A/C.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed at Present Moment as part of a week long yoga retreat and had a wonderful, relaxing and adventure filled visit. The staff at Present Moment were wonderful helping with organizing excursions and activities during the day. I took surf lessons, walked the endless beach, golfed in Ixtapa twice (brought my clubs) and went fishing with a local guide. We even saw turtles, stingrays, and a family of humpback whales. They also have boogie boards at the hotel available for guests.

A few tips for the area...bring pesos. There is an exchange at the airport and it is far more convient than using dollars with many of the local businesses. If you are looking to participate in activities, a rental car may be a good idea. There are so many beautiful areas up the coast and a car is a great way to explore. The people are very friendly and the envionment is welcoming. I never felt unsafe at any point. The ocean is strong in this area and there are some large rocks, so ask about the rip current, tide schedules, and surf reports. Water safety is always important, especially on beaches with so few people.

The hotel...As I mentioned, the staff was very helpful in coordinating off-site activities and answering questions. There is something for everyone. The yoga was fantasitc with a variety styles as were the therapies. I had two massages (deep and thai) and had the Shamanic Energy Bath just before my departure. All were exceptional.

The food was yummers with a variety of choices. I was on a three meal plan and enjoyed each meal. The chiliquales verde (added chicken) for breakfast was a repeat in the rotation since it was in a word...amazing! They have a tequila tastings menu, which was a great opportunity to compare tequilas and try ones I had never heard of or seen in US or Canadian stores.

The rooms were beautiful. The open air bungelow concept so close to the beach was refreshing especially with the breeze in the night. Simple, well decorated, and clean. They have mosquito netting over each bed and the intimate layout is so relaxing. Everything...pool, lounge, yoga pavilion, restaurant, and beach are a few steps away.

If you are looking for a place to seize the moment and embrace life, this is the place to be.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This yoga retreat was the perfect solo vacation for me. I chose it after reading the reviews on this site, following an extremely stress-filled year of selling my home, moving, relationship difficulties, and a new job that turned into a nightmare, forcing me to resign for my own sanity last month.

Present Moment was exactly what I needed to heal! The prior six months were washed away in the beautiful, nurturing space that is Present Moment Retreat and by the warmth and caring of all the new friends I encountered. At the retreat, I learned so much more about yoga - about having an open heart and accepting all beings, including myself. I've never experienced such inner joy and peace in my life. I honestly don't have the words to properly express the depth of this experience.

I am also grateful to have made several new female friends - - five guests (three women traveling alone and a mother and her daughter), and Jessica, an amazing young woman who taught yoga class and practices reiki, as well as being a writer. She hugged me goodbye three times, and was so proud of "all the hard work" I did that week - but it was easy with all the kind and loving people there, including the kitchen staff (Gabriella, JJ, Antonio, among others), as well as Terese and her amazing massages, and Etai, who offered hypnotherapy. CJ and Cobey were very warm and welcoming and I really enjoyed the drum circle on the beach the night of the super moon. It was very spiritual, magical, and moving.

I highly recommend this place of healing to anyone who needs to heal or who desires to grow mentally, emotionally, and/or spiritually.

Room Tip: I spent the first night in a beach bungalow with no air conditioning. Although many people love the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Present Moment in Troncones, Mexico is a rare find. My fiancee and I had travelled most of the world together and had yet to find the perfect spot for our wedding, but when we visited Troncones and I saw Present Moment for the first time, there was no doubt in my mind that we had finally found the right place. CJ and Coby are delightful and easy to work with and they completely exceeded my expectations (a hard thing to do as I plan events for a living). The property had never looked so beautiful and their chef surprised us with hand carved watermelons and flower bouquets made entirely from fruit. The ceremony set-up and execution were flawless and CJ was always there as a calming influence. The dinner was the best meal I've ever had, and all of our guests had a wonderful time. Do not hesitate to book your wedding with CJ & Coby as they will go above and beyond to make it perfect and special for you.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I decided to plan a trip to Present Moment on a whim based on a Groupon Vacation deal, and I can't even describe what a pleasant surprise my entire trip was. I left my NYC cushy apartment to a non-AC bungalow just steps from the ocean, and came home renewed, resolved and solidified as a better version of myself.

I went alone for my 30th birthday and expected to zen out, and spend a lot of soul searching, but what I found was that I didn't need to search for anything. The staff and members became an extension of my family and treated me like their own. I have never felt so cared so, so loved and so accepted before.

The town is so completely safe, and the staff treats everyone like family. English is spoken by nearly everyone and they ensure that each person is taken care of from morning to night, accommodating every request and nearly anticipating your every need before you even have to ask.

I don't know if you can consider this a retreat but a homecoming. I cannot wait to come back!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms closer towards the kitchen can tend to be a little louder, but are closer towards the beach an...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#3 of 10 in Troncones
Las Brisas Ixtapa
Las Brisas Ixtapa
#7 of 22 in Ixtapa

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!