“Much more than Yoga Teacher Training”

Present Moment Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Carlton, Oregon
“Much more than Yoga Teacher Training”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I came to Present Moment to attend the Yoga Teacher Training program at the end of April 2013 and the experience has completely changed my life. I would highly recommend the experience to...well, everyone who is ready to let go of baggage and start a journey to a more peaceful existence. It's difficult to know where to begin to describe the experience. The physical location is perfect and magical. The sound of the waves breaking on the beach directly in front of the resort is a constant reminder of the natural environment and beauty of the place. The pool is fantastic and welcome. The gardens are magnificent, the bungalows are unique and comfortable and, although I shared a room with a stranger, I felt completely comfortable and immediately bonded with her thanks to the environment of the Teacher Training and, I'm convinced, the place itself.
The curriculum taught to us was challenging and rigorous, as it should be and the support provided by the facilitators and teachers was enormous. We were encouraged in all aspects of yoga and yogic lifestyle. I learned more about myself in those 21 days than in the 46 years I've been living on this earth. The most important thing that I took away from the YTT was my confidence and ability to come back to my home and open my own yoga studio. I am completely capable of teaching different classes and styles of yoga and I owe that to Present Moment and the wonderful people who guided me to this natural end result.
The opportunity to meet the amazing group of other students, eat a raw vegan diet, the variety of cleanses, the meditation as well as the fun activities they set up for us, was a perfect balance. The entire staff was supportive and kind. I wish I could do it all over again. I could not recommend the YTT at Present Moment more if I tried, it's simply a game changer and beautiful experience for anyone.

Room Tip: Don't be intimidated by the open quality of the rooms. They are so unique and beautiful. I enjoy...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2013

It is said softly, unofficially and at multiple times between guests that Present Moment Retreat has a sort of intangible power -- that what one needs can't be known before one arrives but that it is always revealed there. And it will be anything from exactly what one expects to something completely out of the blue.

Such was the case on our first visit in October '12 and it was the case again in November '13. Our first visit, I needed a spiritual connection, a pathway to peace, a time to inspect and re-energize my life. This second visit, I needed time to do... nothing. Just a week of glorious golden nothing. Present Moment accommodated our needs both years.

Regarding my claim of Present Moment being better this time around, let me say that it lacked nothing in the first place. But there was a sort of accurate polish to everything this time around. Accurate in that it was even more immaculate in the details but without losing its exclusive and beautifully small appeal.

Management is kind, caring and, perhaps more importantly than either of those things, responsive to any whim. If there is a diametric opposite of resting on one's laurels, Present Moment embodies it.

And this year, in addition to the variety of "adventures," classes and massages -- thank you, Joe -- they have always offered, we had the good fortune to take advantage of Mariah's Tarot readings, which turned out to be possibly the most profound experience of our stay. A true shaman in the making there. No matter who you are, Present Moment has an instructor who matches your soul's frequency or state of mind.

The bottom line is, you never know what Present Moment is going to offer. But be assured that whatever it is, it will be precisely what you knew -- or didn't know -- you needed.

Oh.. and the food is the best ever anywhere.

Room Tip: Hehe. You're in open-air bungalos in the jungle. If sleep came easy, you're in an air-condit...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I decided to come to Present Moment for the R&R package. I traveled alone and never had any moment where I felt uncomfortable. A short cab ride to the resort and I was in heaven. The bungalows are open air living, but very private and very clean. The decor was beautifully done in the traditional Mexican style. I had to buy some of the hand stitched pillow covers! They were gorgeous! There was meditation and yoga over looking the ocean to get your morning started. Then all kinds of activities to choose from. Or you could just walk on the beach for hours enjoying the "now moment", take a swim in the pool or have one of their wonderful massages. You couldn't ask for a better staff. They were so friendly and accommodating. The restaurant is open air and right on the ocean. Five star food and service for sure! Saw a lovely sunset every night! Met some wonderful people from all over. It was everything I had hoped for and more!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My husband and I spent a week at Present Moment on the R&R package as a special getaway for our 10th Anniversary. From the moment we got to Troncones to the moment we left, everything about Present Moment absolutely blew us away. It is rare these days to have something exceed your expectations and we can honestly tell you that Present Moment was far better than we expected - and we expected a lot. From top to bottom, from the owners to the yoga and massage staff, to the amazing waitstaff and housekeeping staff, everyone was exceedingly friendly, courteous and attentive. The food was superb, the classes excellent and the pool inviting. Our room was lovely and well-kept. The only thing we wondered about as we were there was, "how do we get back here as quickly as possible."

Room Tip: We loved our casita, "Bliss."
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren Z
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Let me begin by saying I NEVER review anything! I read reviews and go by them when making crucial vacation decisions, but I am guilty of never doing them- so this is BIG for me :) This was by far the best vacation I ever attended. I did this via Groupon on a whim to spend some time with my new boyfriend, and get away from our stressful jobs. Not being a yogi, I enjoyed daily yoga. The teachers are amazing- it's gentle, yet challenging, and nothing beats the sunlight pouring in while doing yoga and listening to the sound of waves crashing. The resort was clean, beautiful, the food was WORLD class, and the people....are unforgettable. We also spent time hiking, walking the beaches, swimming in the pool, and even took two day trips to Saladitas to surf. Having it as my first time surfing, it was incredible to say the least. The surf was amazing, the waves were forgiving, and the instructors were patient. I got up on my third wave! Being back in the states, I want to attend more yoga classes, change my diet, and learn to judge less, love more, and hopefully carry on amazing relationships my boyfriend and I made in merely just a week. We will be back....and all I can say is, THANK YOU to every staff member and guest there. Truly, life altering.

Room Tip: Just a tip, wear BUG spray to bed :)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cordova, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I went to Present Moment looking for rest and peace. I found it. It was a wonderful place for me to be away from technology and in the moment. I didn't HAVE to do anything. I stayed for 10 days and by the end I had reached a state of bliss. I met many great people during the course of my stay. My experience was very different from each of theirs. They would go out on many adventures and see many interesting things. I'd be waiting for their return and hear stories of the days adventures. I was looking for no schedule and rest. They were looking for scheduled events. You can find what you are looking for at Present Moment. Be open and ready to enjoy.

Room Tip: There is one air conditioned room available. I loved sleeping in a hut with a mosquito net. However...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Solola
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I just returned from a week at The Present Moment Retreat on Troncones Beach. It far exceeded my highest expectations!!! The accomodations are tastefully and luxuriously furnished and are extremely comfortable. Most are grass roof bungalows surrounding the pool and very close to the beach and restaurant. I opted for the highest point at the resort, called Serenity. It is on the 3rd level above the office and gift shop. It is totally private, open air, with ocean views and breezes. It is next to the road so some traffic can be heard in the morning, but was very quiet all night. I found this resort to be meticulously maintained and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and healthy. The massage therapists and yoga teachers were excellent as well. There are activities like horseback riding and kayaking to keep you busy. It is a beautiful beach! I loved taking longs walks and saw whales frolicking!!! I went alone but met amazing people here. Some were guests and some lived here and were eating in the restaurant. It is a happy, friendly place!!! I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys the finest things in Life!!!

Room Tip: The rooms furthest from the restaurant will be quietest. All are lovely and close to the beach.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#13 of 81 in Zihuatanejo
Troncones Point Hostel
Troncones Point Hostel
#1 of 11 in Troncones

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!