“Total Bliss”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Los Angeles, California
“Total Bliss”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

An absolutely wonderful place to relax, and forget about the daily hassles of life. The staff is amazing- really friendly, and always doing their best to make make your stay as pleasant as possible. The food is amazing. Never felt the need to leave the resort to try something new. And for those looking for a little more than relaxation, there are optional excursions that you can take nearby.

Would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Rooms that are closer to the ocean are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ohmprado

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is the first review I've ever written on TripAdvisor and the reason I'm writing now is I am truly inspired. Present Moment really is paradise on a different level than other tropical destinations. I needed a break and I got one and felt truly refreshed in one week and here's why: One hour of meditation each morning, four wonderful hours of yoga every day, daily long walks along a mostly secluded and stunning beach. Then there are the sunsets. And the incredible massages in huts on the beach. I wasn't inside for the entire week, which means a lot if you live in a big city and consider yourself having nature-deficit disorder. The bungalows were a dream, I slept so well drifting off to the lulling sound of waves. It was like sleeping outside. And they were clean and perfectly decorated. Then there was the food, one word: Incredible. Healthy, fresh, delicious - just a dream menu. Be sure to try the CJ smoothie. And then there is the staff who are warm, welcoming and friendly. I left my husband at home for this trip and felt so welcomed by the owners, the yoga teachers and the other guests - everyone was kind, respectful and friendly. Oh, and the yoga classes were amazing and much better than what I have at home, I learned a lot. I got a daily yoga buzz. Five stars. Go go go go go!

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Los Angeles
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Having enjoyed many (8 or so) vacations in tropical locales, I consider myself pretty astute when it comes to evaluating resorts. PMR is a unique gem and belongs in a class of its' own. First...I find many resorts to be highly commercial, crowded and at times "cheesy". This resort caters to a sophisticated crowd...and it delivers. As mentioned in many of the the other reviews, the grounds are gorgeous. it is evident that the owners have taken time to attend to small details...from the placement of the various types of foliage to the unique fixtures and decorations in the bedrooms. As for the yoga...it is incredible to practice yoga in such close proximity to crashing waves...the atmosphere just compounded the yoga buzz elicited. In regards to the massages...There is a variety to choose from. I had 2 and both were divine. Food...it was so nice to be able to choose a dish and make any customized changes wanted. The food was fresh and healthy...not the mass produced buffet style that often leaves alot to be desired. Yes, the food was probably pricier that at other resorts..but you get what you pay for. Lastly...a special shoutout to Jackie. She is the "go to" person on the property and will help make things happen. In sum, I loved my experience and will go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Salsaprincess70
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 29 November 2013

What an amazing place. CJ, Kobe and their staff were the most wonderful hosts. The food was amazing and the yoga and therapies were excellent. The beach was sweet, the architecture and decor lovely, and the pool paradise. Troncones is safe and quiet.

Room Tip: They only have one air conditioned room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Reviewed 28 November 2013

While in Playa Troncones, Mexico my wife and i enjoyed one of the best meals in a long time at Present moment Retreat. We shared a delicious fresh garden salad and blackened shrimp linguini pasta which would rival any European, NYC or San Francisco dining experience. The Yoga retreat is open to the public and the owner of 8 years, CJ, from Minneapolis has perfected the art of attention to detail. 2 for 1 bar drinks are available every evening from 5-7pm. The restaurant and yoga retreat is a must visit while in Troncones.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Balidude
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is the first review I've ever written on any of these types of sites. I've been on many vacations around Mexico and the Caribbean and have had great and not so good experiences but I was never compelled to write a review. I knew that although I may have had a certain experience in that resort, someone else might have the compete opposite experience. In this case though, there is absolutely no way that you won't love this wonderful paradise.

Describing Present Moment Retreat in one word: Bliss. Love. Peace. Happiness. Paradise. Ok, maybe I can't describe it in just one word. This resort is quaint and gorgeous. It has quite a few bungalows that surround the zen-like pool. The size of the resort is great for retreats and relaxation. The staff there are phenomenal. They are very attentive, polite and easy-going. Everyone there is like family and they make you feel welcome into their home. They even learn your name so it's a more personalized experience.

The food: Where to start with the food?! It is absolutely delicious! A five star restaurant a few steps from your bedroom. The food is fresh and has lots of flavor. You can see how much love the chefs put into their dishes from the way the meals are presented. PMR offer many original dishes that they created or improved in-house. They have a regular menu and they also offer a vegetarian, vegan and raw vegan menu. I never thought I'd be able to eat vegan or raw, but the dishes were so delicious that I'd forget I was eating healthy!
I highly recommend you order the "Tali". It's their in-house iced coffee. Nothing beats drinking one of these on a hot day.

The yoga: it's an outdoor platform facing the ocean. It really can't get any more beautiful than that. The instructors are fantastic. Their passion and experience is demonstrated in each and every class. I appreciated that they offer both a restorative yoga class and a more active option daily.

The wellness staff: PMR offers acupuncture, massages, taro card readings, hypnosis and other varying services. The staff is the best at what they do. They are very well educated and they love what they do. I highly recommend you try at least one of these services while you're there... You can thank me later :P

I went to PMR for the 200 hour yoga teacher training certification. I am so thankful that I ended up choosing this certification. There were a few programs I was looking into other programs around Mexico and Costa Rica, but after doing a lot of research, I decided that PMR would be the best option for me. I'll give you an example of a typical day:

6:30-7: guided meditation
3:45-5:15: daily special topic
5:30-7: yoga philosophy or anatomy
7-8:30: delicious dinner
8:30-9:30: night activity

The days were long but extremely rewarding. The instructors were amazing! They have years of experience and they are able to easily share their knowledge with you.

In conclusion, if you are planning on going on vacation, attending a retreat or doing a yoga certification, THIS is where you should be going to. Honestly, I would recommend this resort to ALL of my family and friends.

Ps. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact PMR. Before I went on my trip, I asked them tons of questions and they were extremely helpful and patient with me.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tali R
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I came to Present Moment for the Yoga Training and as well to experience some chill time with my husband afterwards. It was a beautiful experience and very safe. The food was extraordinary, the water was pure and abundantly available to guests. In general, service was extraordinary. Jaqui the manager was full of heart and made sure we were always taken care of, from wet cooling towels on our foreheads while doing Yoga, to providing cultural food after a Mexican Sweat Lodge on the beach. Our rooms were super clean, the energy was amazing and overall, I highly recommend Present Moment Retreat. Be sure however to bring mosquito spray!

Room Tip: There is only one room with air conditioning so be sure to book that specifically if this is an issu...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank omtatsat007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#3 of 10 in Troncones
Hotel Roberto's Bistro
Hotel Roberto's Bistro
#13 of 15 in Troncones

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!