“Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Oakland, California
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Present Moment is truly an amazing place. In addition to the pure physical beauty of the resort and the surrounding scenery, ALL of the staff go out of their way to welcome you and make sure your time there is absolute bliss! Seriously, this place is magical!! Definitely will be going back ASAP! Had an awesome yoga class with Brittany, tarot reading with Mariah, Acupuncture with Michelle, Qi gong with Peter, daily meditation with CJ and La.
Never felt so relaxed in my life! The entire restaurant staff was so warm an friendly and the food was delicious!Thank you Present Moment!!

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I booked a week at Present Moment by myself for my 40th birthday. It is approximately 30 minutes from the Ixtapa International Airport and it is a very easy airport to get around in. There is a taxi stand outside the front doors and the cab ride was $74 USD to the resort and $60 USD back. It was a beautiful drive from the airport to Present Moment and Troncones was a very small and interesting town. It is very Mexican and had a quaint and very safe feeling to it.

I went into the main office of Present Moment and was warmly welcomed by Jackie. She was amazing and had my luggage taken to my bungalow for me. She explained to me how my R and R package worked, gave me a tour of the resort, and left me to get settled in. The one thing I wish I would have brought was a reusable water bottle as they had plenty of water but it was in a large plastic bottle. I was able to buy a water bottle from the office however so this was not a big deal.

The food at the resort was amazing! Everything was freshly prepared, beautifully presented, and the staff were unreal. From Gabby and Oniver at breakfast, to Manuel at dinner, everyone knew your name and bent over backwards to help you out.

I would highly recommend doing to the Tarrot card reading with Mariah and the surf lessons with Luis, and all of the yoga and meditation practices were amazing. The resort itself was incredible and so perfectly maintained. The bungalows were rustic but very comfortable and had a lot of character to them.

I went into town a few times for dinner and felt very safe and it was easy to get around. I would suggest taking some pesos as USD were not readily taken.

I would definately go back again for another week and would suggest some bug spray for after dark as there are some mosquitos.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank powelj1
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

We returned from Present Moment a week or so ago and I have never written a review on Tripadvisor before but, this time, feel compelled to do so. Present Moment is a wonderful place. The setting in beautiful - you cannot escape the roaring sound of the ocean and the gardens are extremely well maintained. All of the cottages are set around the pool area and look onto lush flowers, the pool and the yoga pavilion. The room itself was very pretty and always well looked after by the housekeeping team. We loved the fact that the rooms are open to the elements bringing the ocean sounds in all night long. There are ceiling fans so we did not have any problems with being too hot at night. The beds are on the small side so if you are over 6ft it could be a problem!! I am probably the most mosquito-bitten person in the world and I did not have a major problem in the resort and there are mosquito nets over the beds which we used. The service in the restaurant was very good - the staff took the trouble to actually get to know the guests and were very flexible. The food itself was outstanding and very varied and clearly all freshly prepared. We did yoga classes everyday and thoroughly enjoyed them as well as boogie boarding and walking the beach but we also spent a lot of time just sitting in the shade relaxing and reading - certainly no pressure to actually do anything at all!! Each of us had 3 massages whilst there and all of them were really impressive - both the yoga instructors and therapists were high calibre. I think I have covered all of the things that I would have wanted to know about before booking but really what I want to say is that this was probably the most relaxing holiday that I have ever been on with truly the friendliest staff across the board. We will definitely go back and the sooner the better!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Julie K
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

An absolutely wonderful place to relax, and forget about the daily hassles of life. The staff is amazing- really friendly, and always doing their best to make make your stay as pleasant as possible. The food is amazing. Never felt the need to leave the resort to try something new. And for those looking for a little more than relaxation, there are optional excursions that you can take nearby.

Would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Rooms that are closer to the ocean are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ohmprado
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is the first review I've ever written on TripAdvisor and the reason I'm writing now is I am truly inspired. Present Moment really is paradise on a different level than other tropical destinations. I needed a break and I got one and felt truly refreshed in one week and here's why: One hour of meditation each morning, four wonderful hours of yoga every day, daily long walks along a mostly secluded and stunning beach. Then there are the sunsets. And the incredible massages in huts on the beach. I wasn't inside for the entire week, which means a lot if you live in a big city and consider yourself having nature-deficit disorder. The bungalows were a dream, I slept so well drifting off to the lulling sound of waves. It was like sleeping outside. And they were clean and perfectly decorated. Then there was the food, one word: Incredible. Healthy, fresh, delicious - just a dream menu. Be sure to try the CJ smoothie. And then there is the staff who are warm, welcoming and friendly. I left my husband at home for this trip and felt so welcomed by the owners, the yoga teachers and the other guests - everyone was kind, respectful and friendly. Oh, and the yoga classes were amazing and much better than what I have at home, I learned a lot. I got a daily yoga buzz. Five stars. Go go go go go!

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Having enjoyed many (8 or so) vacations in tropical locales, I consider myself pretty astute when it comes to evaluating resorts. PMR is a unique gem and belongs in a class of its' own. First...I find many resorts to be highly commercial, crowded and at times "cheesy". This resort caters to a sophisticated crowd...and it delivers. As mentioned in many of the the other reviews, the grounds are gorgeous. it is evident that the owners have taken time to attend to small details...from the placement of the various types of foliage to the unique fixtures and decorations in the bedrooms. As for the yoga...it is incredible to practice yoga in such close proximity to crashing waves...the atmosphere just compounded the yoga buzz elicited. In regards to the massages...There is a variety to choose from. I had 2 and both were divine. Food...it was so nice to be able to choose a dish and make any customized changes wanted. The food was fresh and healthy...not the mass produced buffet style that often leaves alot to be desired. Yes, the food was probably pricier that at other resorts..but you get what you pay for. Lastly...a special shoutout to Jackie. She is the "go to" person on the property and will help make things happen. In sum, I loved my experience and will go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Salsaprincess70
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

What an amazing place. CJ, Kobe and their staff were the most wonderful hosts. The food was amazing and the yoga and therapies were excellent. The beach was sweet, the architecture and decor lovely, and the pool paradise. Troncones is safe and quiet.

Room Tip: They only have one air conditioned room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#13 of 81 in Zihuatanejo
Troncones Point Hostel
Troncones Point Hostel
#1 of 11 in Troncones

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!