“Pure Bliss :)”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Ottawa, Canada
“Pure Bliss :)”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I spent ten days at the Present Moment Retreat; the staff were fabulous. The morning meditations and yoga classes were very intuitive. On the premises they have a variety of health services for those interested. I felt sublime after staying here for 10 days. Oh and the the restaurant, I wanted to eat every dish on the menu.

Arriving home I realized I had left my $250 sunglasses at in my cabana. I emailed them. The owner personally sent them back to Canada for me at no charge. I would recommend this place to anyone. Don't question it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Miss_Mango_May

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Montana
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Back to Bliss Yoga just returned from our 2nd trip to Present Moment...& I must say that we will be back again. My favorite part as one of the yoga teachers is that this is such a beautiful setting to teach yoga overlooking the Pacific Ocean. CJ & Cobie did a fabulous job of making our job easier. Our group loved the extra class, especially Qi Gong offered by Peter...thank you so much! The food is superb, the kayaking excursion a big hit, & the restaurant staff with their hearts wide open to us made this trip so special.
My very personal favorite is walking on this fabulous beach & being completely alone, enjoying the sunshine, & dipping into the water.
Thanks so much Tom & CJ for creating this special place! we will be back next January! Jen

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jbrookemt
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have spent many weeklong vacations in Mexico. Zihuatenejo and the Playa del Ropa are one one my favorite destination vacations. Three years ago I discovered a whole new Mexican vacation genre when I spent a week with a Ted R.'s yoga group from the Twin Cites at PMR. I have been back every year since. PMR offers a place to heal, relax, explore and just have fun. Accommodations are charming and very comfortable. The ocean in front of PMR's elevated yoga platform drew me into the flow of yoga. Add the soothing sound of the surf, a raising or setting sun and bingo, nirvana. PMR offers a menu of classes staffed by highly skilled yoga teachers as well a variety of alternative options as listed in their website. Plenty to do or nothing based on your needs. PMR;s therapeutic healing arts services is staffed by professional, experienced and friendly practitioners.. A walk on the beautiful beach, swim in the surf or infinity pool, yoga, and or massage kept my days at PMR restful and reenergizing. PMR's kitchen produces fantastic meals that pay attention to local, organic authentic Mexican food. Lots of food options to choose from. The wait staff were great as well as all the folks working at PMR. They are a very happy group which in turn made us/ me feel welcome.
I will be back next year in January.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smacj
Minnesota
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This was my third year at present moment, each time on a YogaTed retreat with great yogies. I am sure it would be equally stunning with any visit. The first year was spectacular and it keeps getting better. Not because it's a 5 star hotel but because it's a 10 star, unpretentious yoga retreat. All the necessities for comfort without arrogance. The yoga platform over looking the gorgeous Pacific Ocean is the perfect way to great the day and end the day with sun salutations. A variety of classes are offered through the day for those in need of more. Or just strolling the beach or chilling by the pool with the delicious veggie/fruit drinks or smoothie is a perfect way to get the mind and body back to "the present moment." For a little more adventure horseback riding, light hiking, kayaking, etc. can be arranged by the pleasant, accommodating staff. The "menu" of massage options provides for a special "selfy" treat. Oh yea, the food is great, but I try not to over indulge, since the body doesn't need as much as the options I wanted to try:) Easy taxi ride from Zihuatanejo.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank travel-nMN
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 28 January 2014

"Back to Bliss" founders, Jen and Harriet, (the two yoga instructors that traveled with our yoga group from Montana) believe in having fun while practicing yoga and taking in all that is offered at a destination, and yet emphasize that everything is optional~ even yoga! At Present Moment Retreat Center the "art of doing nothing" can be mastered, along with a schedule of activities of your choosing. As our group settled into the serene, unpretentious, natural setting. we realized that in this laid back paradise we were sure to unwind quickly. We were impressed with the meticulous housekeepers, gardeners, wait staff (greeting us daily by name}, and healers. After the first night of getting used to our mosquito netting, the necessity became clear as the "no-see-ems" were pesky. We felt safe and secure with regard to our personal belongings left in our rooms and appreciated the friendly and trustworthy staff. The general manager, Jacqueline, went out of her way to make our experience extra special by offering her time and attention to each one of us individually and making arrangements for special requests. The variety of classes offered by Present Moment staff gave us the opportunity to experience different instructors and styles. We snorkeled; fished; boogie boarded; took a surfing lesson; went kayaking, hiking, birding; walked the beach; saw turtles released; ate fresh seafood; watched the sunset at night, and perfected the art of doing nothing. We are going back next year. What's there not to love about that?

Room Tip: All bungalows are open air with no A/C or sound proofing; positioned around the swimming pool.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Saint Sauveur des Monts, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the rustic look and simplicity of this resort. Getting back to basics has its cachet! So don't expect a safe, a door that locks or a hair dryer but do expect falling asleep to the sound of waves and living a totally awesome experience connecting with nature and feeling the amazing energy that transpires throughout the place. The staff is always smiling, they'll even dance with you! The food is excellent and really healthy. The teachers are experienced and give wonderful yoga and qi gong classes. You can choose from a variety of different treatments such as thai massage or a combination of chakra healing/massage/sonotherapy/ acupuncture which are all amazing! We come back from this experience completly transformed and not wanting to return to the usual all inclusive resorts that we are accustomed to. We had the opportunity to join a yoga retreat (YogaTed) and this synergy was a plus to this amazing retreat! If you're thinking about going to Present Moment, do not hesitate, this could transform your life too!

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Luc F
Vashon, Washington
Reviewed 15 January 2014

PMR has the best healing staff, of many different modalities. Massage (all types, of course), acupuncture, cranial sacral, gi gong, tai chi, sacred dance, aromatherapy, sound vibration, coaching, and much more. My experience with their very own bruja was magical -- her knowledge of plant medicine, the elements, and ancient Mexican healing techniques was spot on. I trust her entirely. Do come.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mela1946
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#7 of 22 in Ixtapa
Hotel Roberto's Bistro
Hotel Roberto's Bistro
#13 of 15 in Troncones

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!