“A window into Presence”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Plantation, Florida
“A window into Presence”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Present Moment Retreat is truly what the name implies, Presence. This retreat center offers a window into your own inner stillness found only through relaxation and letting go.

My stay here was fun, uplifting, energizing, grounding...and delicious! yes, D-elicious. The food is incredible with a menu that always tickled my taste buds, sometimes more than I could imagine. On hot days I could stay cool with fresh juices and smoothies, and in the evening be filled with the most magical of vegetarian, vegan, or simply gourmet meals.

Each morning there were offerings of meditation and yoga, all of which were led by incredible instructors and helped me to ground into a new way of being. It isn't often that I can let my normal every day life be set aside to enjoy the sounds of the ocean and sweet smells of sea breeze air.

The bungalows were gorgeous. Wow! The design, lay out, and atmosphere was set for comfort and peace of mind and, I felt it. Every little attention to detail was covered, whether it was incense, extra towels, soap...or not to mention, the AMAZING shower (best ever).

The staff all across the board: rooms, restaurant, retail, wellness--just incredible. They were always accommodating and couldn't be more happier seeing that same joy in my own smile.

I found it was the little things that counted here. As it is an open to the public restaurant I found it nice to have an opportunity to meet others outside the resort. But, I felt Present moment did a great job and welcoming both guests who were cleansing, guests there for a teacher training program, and outside guests. It was a nice blend that really gave me an opportunity to find my own inner peace.

Thank you present moment. I will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I spent a very relaxing long weekend at Present Moment over Memorial Day weekend. This was my second visit, I was there for a week with my family about a year ago and decided to come back for a girls weekend with friends. I don't think I have ever been able to unwind from "real life" so quickly. I slept until 10 every morning (which I didn't think I was still capable of doing), recharged during yoga every afternoon, and enjoyed delicious meals throughout each day. The food is healthy, fresh, delicious and reasonably priced (I didn't do the pesos to dollar conversion until the end of the trip, and was pleasantly surprised!). I had a great massage with Emily - who I recommend highly - although the entire staff is wonderful and they all treat you like family. I have sent many people to Present Moment in the past year, and every one has come back happy and thanked me profusely for the recommendation. If you're looking for a place to relax, rejuvenate, and reconnect with old friends (or make some new ones), book your stay at Present Moment!

Room Tip: They're all open and lovely - what can be better than falling asleep to the sound of the ocean??
Encinitas, California
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I just spent a month at Present Moment and couldn't be happier. It was truly exceptional. The staff will do anything to make your stay perfect. The massages were the best I've had, the food in the restaurant was A+ for both meat eaters and vegans. PM is a very well rounded place offering something for everyone. I did yoga, got massage, walked the beach, ate vegan and lost 10 pounds! Next time I'm bringing my husband because I see he will love it too. He eats meat, drinks beer, plays golf, and likes to be active. Can't wait to come back!

1 Thank Rena H
Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just spent a month in Troncones, much of it at Present Moment. From the quality of the room to the wonderous food in the restaurant to the amazing staff, everything was perfect. Loved the massages and yoga. Never felt so good!

1 Thank CardiffNoah
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Present Moment is heaven on earth. I had several massages, which were all amazing. The yoga is incredible with a platform overlooking the ocean. Teachers are both knowledgeable and spiritual. And to top it off, the food at the restaurant is delicious. Try the chilaquiles. Beautiful setting, experience and people. Hoping to visit again soon.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I really wanted to like this place. Its lovely, and I booked based on the reviews here. I specifically asked for a quiet room when I booked it four or five months in advance. Unfortunately, when we arrived and got our room, we were given the least quiet or private room in the place - the wall of our bathroom connected to the restaurant. Since everything here is open air we could hear everything in the kitchen until they closed, and then of course when they opened for breakfast. I was very disappointed by this since I really wanted to enjoy this place. It might have just been the time we went, but they were ending a yoga teacher training and the focus was on entertaining those guests, which meant them having a late dinner in the restaurant, which means our first night there we did not get any sleep as the restaurant closed late and then opened at 6am for breakfast. We are the type of people who want to sleep late on vacation, so 6am wakeup due to the kitchen was not for us.

They offered us another room at an adjoining resort but we just wanted our money back at that point as I had pre-paid for half of it. They really fought us on this, which was unpleasant. Pointed to their no money back policy, which I found unfair. We offered to stay if there was another room, but they did not have one to offer on the property. I think where they would have sent us would have been fine but I was no longer interested in working with this team.

We found other accommodations. We did eat dinner there one night and the food was good. I also took a few yoga classes there, which were great. We loved Troncones but this place was not for us.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank MarlenaFernandez
CobyHadas, Manager at Present Moment Retreat, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
We sincerely appreciate the feedback. After eight years of operating without a complaint about the room, we have received two negative reviews in the last few weeks. Our first priority is our guests well being and happiness, so we will no longer rent the room in question. Thank you for your feedback and please accept our apologies for your stay not being absolutely perfect.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This place is so pretty, from the meticulously groomed property to the amazing people working at the resort- PM has it all. The yoga instructors, massage therapists, holistic practitioners and restaraunt staff were all so authentic, warm and inviting it felt more like going to a family reunion then a vacation destination. The palapa restaraunt was the hub of the resort where folks would gather , share stories , a drink or two and dine on well prepared food grown in the region.
Love the fruit smoothies, the chevre stuffed chicken breast and the chocolate lava cake. Also loved CJ's shamanic bath, Leela's mind blowing body /energy work, Adriana's reiki therapy, Amity's healing touch . Kudos to you beautiful CJ for gathering such an amazing team of specialists. You are all a gift that keeps on giving. The only bad part about the trip was that I had to come home.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
Gamma de Fiesta Inn Plaza Ixtapa
Aura del Mar Hotel
Aura del Mar Hotel
#2 of 79 in Zihuatanejo

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!