“Present Moment - A transformative experience”

Present Moment Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I cannot say enough great things about Present Moment! The open hut style rooms give you an authentic Mexican feeling of living directly on the beach, while at the same time offering you the security and cleanliness of a 5 star hotel.

The food is absolutely to die for: all organic, local products and you can taste the freshness. I still dream about the CJ Smoothie, its a must!

The yoga and wellness program had something to offer at every level and the staff felt like family by the time I left.

Present moment is a place I know I will visit consistently the rest of my life.

Nothing but LOVE to be found here.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank lrfannin

Reviewed 3 July 2014

OK picture this: Your own open air Tahiti style thatch hut adorned with sacred art, daily yoga classes and meditation facing the ocean, bath warm pool, ocean and night time rains, long ocean walks (or horseback) where you will only pass a person or 3, and the most outstanding healthy cuisine, smoothies, and genuine staff that you can imagine. It is both REAL, Natural, Artful, Homey, Healing, and Magical. I can't recommend this experience enough. I went by myself and stayed 2 weeks: one week a full bentonite clay cleansing fast, and the second enjoying the most beautifully prepared and presented dishes. I didn't put a shoe on for 2 weeks, and I slept like a baby surrounded by frogs, the constant sound of the ocean and a perfectly warm breeze. The people who own and run this place are deeply alive and caring and very very accessible. Loved it!

Room Tip: This is a small property with only a few private bungalows. It is not a resort though the service is...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank theinnerdoorway
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed elsewhere and while I am sure it's a lovely place for a yoga retreat, the food definitely was disappointing, especially for the price. They were what you'd expect to pay in the U.S. at a moderately priced restaurant. We had several dishes, and the consistent problem with them was that the seasonings. The marinated pork ribs had been soaked in soy and were too salty to eat. The "pizza" (which we didn't expect to be pizza, but something more "pizza-like") was extremely bland. The fish was also overcooked. It was a disappointment because the place is beautiful and the fare didn't match the face. Maybe it was a bad night, but at that price, I wouldn't give it a second chance when there are so many other places to try.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stunya
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I almost don't want to review Present Moment because then it'll be too popular! I loved my stay here, the yoga classes were good, plenty of variety of teachers (love La!), the pool and setting is beautiful. the food was awesome, the staff were all super friendly and the rooms were very nice. we realized at the end of the week that we hadn't been indoors (open-air bungalows) all week and it was just wonderful. town is just a short walk away, plenty of places to eat there if you feel like wandering. now i just wish they did a 500 hour teacher training!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I recently completed the 3 week Yoga Teacher Training at Present Moment Retreat. I cannot express in words what I gained within that time. The grounds are magnificent and the ocean is soothing. The food was delicious and catered to my vegetarian lifestyle. The entire staff were so very friendly and accomodating. I met an amazing group of people that will forever impact my life. Overall, you will feel relaxed, present and at peace. The therapists offer a variety of massages, all fabulous. I left there with a new sense of who I am and I couldn't be more grateful for the experience. The yoga training was intense but I learned so much from the knowledgable trainers. I highly recommend this little slice of heaven!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Present Moment Retreat is truly what the name implies, Presence. This retreat center offers a window into your own inner stillness found only through relaxation and letting go.

My stay here was fun, uplifting, energizing, grounding...and delicious! yes, D-elicious. The food is incredible with a menu that always tickled my taste buds, sometimes more than I could imagine. On hot days I could stay cool with fresh juices and smoothies, and in the evening be filled with the most magical of vegetarian, vegan, or simply gourmet meals.

Each morning there were offerings of meditation and yoga, all of which were led by incredible instructors and helped me to ground into a new way of being. It isn't often that I can let my normal every day life be set aside to enjoy the sounds of the ocean and sweet smells of sea breeze air.

The bungalows were gorgeous. Wow! The design, lay out, and atmosphere was set for comfort and peace of mind and, I felt it. Every little attention to detail was covered, whether it was incense, extra towels, soap...or not to mention, the AMAZING shower (best ever).

The staff all across the board: rooms, restaurant, retail, wellness--just incredible. They were always accommodating and couldn't be more happier seeing that same joy in my own smile.

I found it was the little things that counted here. As it is an open to the public restaurant I found it nice to have an opportunity to meet others outside the resort. But, I felt Present moment did a great job and welcoming both guests who were cleansing, guests there for a teacher training program, and outside guests. It was a nice blend that really gave me an opportunity to find my own inner peace.

Thank you present moment. I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I spent a very relaxing long weekend at Present Moment over Memorial Day weekend. This was my second visit, I was there for a week with my family about a year ago and decided to come back for a girls weekend with friends. I don't think I have ever been able to unwind from "real life" so quickly. I slept until 10 every morning (which I didn't think I was still capable of doing), recharged during yoga every afternoon, and enjoyed delicious meals throughout each day. The food is healthy, fresh, delicious and reasonably priced (I didn't do the pesos to dollar conversion until the end of the trip, and was pleasantly surprised!). I had a great massage with Emily - who I recommend highly - although the entire staff is wonderful and they all treat you like family. I have sent many people to Present Moment in the past year, and every one has come back happy and thanked me profusely for the recommendation. If you're looking for a place to relax, rejuvenate, and reconnect with old friends (or make some new ones), book your stay at Present Moment!

Room Tip: They're all open and lovely - what can be better than falling asleep to the sound of the ocean??
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#9 of 23 in Ixtapa
Hotel Las Salinas
Hotel Las Salinas
#40 of 78 in Zihuatanejo

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!