“A restorative retreat - both inspirational and peaceful”

Present Moment Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

So many positive words have already been written about present moment retreat (pmr) and they were the reason I ultimately booked with them. However, i feel it necessary to comment further on their excellence. My 1 week experience at PMR certainly met and exceeded expectations based on the following criterion.

A) extraordinarily attentive staff who will go out of their way (from the tireless passionate owners - to those working in the kitchen, restaurant or heAlth & wellness activities) They all provided excellent service.
B) the grounds are immaculate. They are very well laid out creating a true sense of peace, calm and balance
C) PMR is proximal to a number of locations that allow for activities ranging from hikes to hot springs, eco tours, horseback riding and World Class Surfing.
D) the yoga classes were both challenging and restorative making for a healthy mix :)
E) the different style massages offered complimented one another
F) The food is truly 1st class in terms of taste, flavor and presentation. I teach a class on the chemistry of nutrition and i was amazed on how the menu is predominantly healthy items with a few sinful delights.

In summary if you are looking for a wonderful retreat with great service, plenty to do and one that caters to those who value health through emphasizing yoga and gourmet cuisine, PMR is the place for you! Thank you Tom, Taylor, Kyra, Esbeidi, Jackie, Andreanna and the rest of the staff who made my stay so restorative. It was exactly what I needed.
All the best!
Tyler J.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Tyler J
There are newer reviews for Present Moment Retreat

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Highly recommended!!! Beautiful people, beautiful spaces with wonderful food. A great place for grounding and rejuvenating oneself. The yoga platform is perfectly situated near the ocean. It was like living in a zen garden that was built with the intention of having people enjoy and live in the garden.

Room Tip: Open air cabanas with one, soon to be two, air conditioned rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Driving from the airport to troncones i was so amazed how authentic the aerea around troncones was,it reminded me to goa 30 years ago,lush vegatation,smiles everywhere,a very happy energy instantly to be felt.
I had seen pictures of present moment and they were beautiful and then this has never happened before, it is even more fabulous in reality!!!,I made a very succesful cleanse for 8 days, it wasnt difficult at all, never felt hungry,due to the fab raw food.i came with a stiff back, wanting to renew, reset my clock.and boy did i succeed.i arrived and was met with great kindness,welcomed like coming home after a long time by Jacki in the front office (also a gift shop with the most tasteful merchandise you can ever imagine)a bit weary beeing the first time in my life without anybody i was close to, traveling for 2 weeks alone....yes i told jacki i am afraid of being alone she gave me a hug and told me you are not alone we are all here for you and you will fall in love with this place.
So i did yes the surroundings are so amazing, the architecture of the place,sophisticated ,but so authentic,everything on this property is just scrumptous.....
But the people there topped this beauty with the beauty of their hearts....i left with a new set of most amazing friends staff as well as guests.
Thank you Jacki for the welcome and your ever presence and kindness,fabulous organisation skills,overseeing every detail of your guests stay.down to the soccer worldchampion finals!
Thank you adriana for the daily marvelous thaimassages,oh how do i miss you walking on my back,for your smiles,warmth and conversations,i wished i could catch a wave with you surfer queen!!!!
Thank you taylor for your knowledgeable work on all my pains and aches,your calm combined with perfect gentlemenly manners are truely remarkable.
Kerinas thank you for the most relaxing massages ever and your companionship
Cynthia.....your radiant energy and the cacao ritual are unforgetable, it was life changing
...Coby your everpresent smile and encouragement......
Jackis fairylike personality, your reiki was magical.....
Lucy thank you for trying to build up my yoga strength ,god bless your patience.and good luck for your new adventure with you cafe.
Kyra you are so very kind and caring.......no scrape of ours produced by falls and surfing was to small for you to attend to....well and there is your great sense of humor...
Last but not least oniver,manuel and all the kitchen staff wonderful food and world class service,
Thank you all so much for reading every wish before i even spoke it.
To all the house keepers who left my bungalow always perfectly organized and spotless.
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!!!!!
Petra

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Beautyisforevermore
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at Present Moment with my daughter for a week and we both loved it... The rooms are open-air villas so you can hear the ocean, rain, wildlife, etc. and feel like you're actually part of nature. The people who work here are amazing, so gracious and kind, and it's easy to see that they all love their place, and really care about what they do.

The restaurant (right on the beach) is where we ate all of our meals. The food was always fresh, healthy and perfectly cooked, not one exception the entire week. My daughter especially loved the lobster risotto and the French toast :-). They also have a juice and smoothie bar which was awesome since they will make whatever mix of fruit/vegies you want to try. The wonderful people who served us take pride in what they do and are fun to chat with. This restaurant seems to be the gathering place for the staff of Present Moment, and for the guests, and we got to know some cool people here. Not to mention, gazing out into the ocean watching the big waves crash while you're eating fabulous food is a beautiful experience.

We took advantage of the massage therapy, attended a yoga class, and did some activities like surfing, hiking and kayaking. Massage is given in open-air rooms right on the beach, and Taylor gives an extraordinary therapeutic massage. The activities gave us a chance to learn about Troncones, the wildlife and the people there, and to soak in the sun, get some exercise, and have fun!!!

The beach is uncrowded with big, beautiful waves to play in. I went for a run on the beach every morning which was a great workout, and my daughter and I played in the ocean and the pool at the resort almost every day.

I love the energy and the natural beauty of Troncones and this resort. It's a perfect place to get away, relax and tune into your true nature.

We will definitely be back one day <3.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I cannot say enough great things about Present Moment! The open hut style rooms give you an authentic Mexican feeling of living directly on the beach, while at the same time offering you the security and cleanliness of a 5 star hotel.

The food is absolutely to die for: all organic, local products and you can taste the freshness. I still dream about the CJ Smoothie, its a must!

The yoga and wellness program had something to offer at every level and the staff felt like family by the time I left.

Present moment is a place I know I will visit consistently the rest of my life.

Nothing but LOVE to be found here.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank lrfannin
Reviewed 3 July 2014

OK picture this: Your own open air Tahiti style thatch hut adorned with sacred art, daily yoga classes and meditation facing the ocean, bath warm pool, ocean and night time rains, long ocean walks (or horseback) where you will only pass a person or 3, and the most outstanding healthy cuisine, smoothies, and genuine staff that you can imagine. It is both REAL, Natural, Artful, Homey, Healing, and Magical. I can't recommend this experience enough. I went by myself and stayed 2 weeks: one week a full bentonite clay cleansing fast, and the second enjoying the most beautifully prepared and presented dishes. I didn't put a shoe on for 2 weeks, and I slept like a baby surrounded by frogs, the constant sound of the ocean and a perfectly warm breeze. The people who own and run this place are deeply alive and caring and very very accessible. Loved it!

Room Tip: This is a small property with only a few private bungalows. It is not a resort though the service is...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank theinnerdoorway
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed elsewhere and while I am sure it's a lovely place for a yoga retreat, the food definitely was disappointing, especially for the price. They were what you'd expect to pay in the U.S. at a moderately priced restaurant. We had several dishes, and the consistent problem with them was that the seasonings. The marinated pork ribs had been soaked in soy and were too salty to eat. The "pizza" (which we didn't expect to be pizza, but something more "pizza-like") was extremely bland. The fish was also overcooked. It was a disappointment because the place is beautiful and the fare didn't match the face. Maybe it was a bad night, but at that price, I wouldn't give it a second chance when there are so many other places to try.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stunya
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#1 of 10 in Troncones
Lo Sereno Casa de Playa
Lo Sereno Casa de Playa
#3 of 10 in Troncones

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!