“We enjoyed our revitalizing weeklong stay, both restful and full of good experiences.”

Present Moment Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
santa monica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2009

My partner and I went to present moment because she loves yoga retreats and I love to surf. While the surf didn't appear until the last couple of days, we had an amazing time there. The yoga classes were all good, set on a spectacular ocean view platform, we practiced chi-gong, learned to dance NIA, got bodywork, went on a hike in the local mountains, swam in the warm, clean ocean everyday, and slept well in the comfy, well-appointed, airy room we shared.

The grounds are kept meticulously, the food great, the guests entertaining, the staff polite and attentive. We dream of returning. Thank you for creating such a wonderful retreat for us.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
venice beach CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2009

I have already gone back twice since finding this little slice of heaven....
I went with big group with children and returned for my boyfriends birthday. The rooms where romantic, clean, cozy, unique and you could hear the ocean. It is a great place for families to go, everyone is so kind and helpful. The daily yoga classes are amazing, followed by a great smoothie and an afternoon massage. The food was flavorful and healthy. You felt from the minute you walked in you where among family. I feel l have found a little piece of heaven and great friends. I will for sure return!!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank bliss304
Helena, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2009

My husband and I recently returned from a weeks stay at Present Moment. While he was surfing, I attended the retreat's incredible yoga classes. The instructors are world class: they were able to tailor the classes to each student's ability level. The accomodations and the grounds are beautifully designed. Everything at Present Moment was of the highest quality: the classes; the service; the staff; the food. We had a great time and my husband even took the afternoon restorative class after a hard day of surfing. If you go to Troncones and don't stay here, you should at least stop in for a class, one of their delicious fresh juices, or have drinks and dinner and watch the sunset.
I know this reivew may sound over the top but Present Moment was the best vacation experience I've had.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2009

I went to Present Moment by myself to get away from it all, rest and recharge. From the refreshingly simple life in Troncones, to the spiritual groundedness of the instructors and incredible quality of care I received, I attained an organic level of letting go and relaxation unlike anywhere else I've ever been. The remote ocean setting was perfect, and it was very clear that Tom and CJ put a lot of thought into choosing every beautiful tree, flowering plant and wooden piece at the retreat. I felt so nurtured and at peace, and will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank DancerSanDiego
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2009

The fact that a place like this is even real is so unlikely that it is almost odd. It's the manifestation of some idea of Paradise that I have always had. I went to Present Moment Retreat with only a vague idea of what to expect. The week I stayed was the most beautiful one of my life. The rooms are bungalows on the beach, specially designed with a lot of input from Tom, one of the owners. Air flows through the bungalow all night, the wood is beautiful, the grass roofs are beautiful -- well, everything is beautiful.

In Troncones, the temperature is perfect. I didn't encounter any bugs. Listening to the ocean all day and night was great for me -- I live in Wisconsin where I don't hear the ocean (I get frogs), but even if I was living in California I wouldn't be able to overlook the way it adds to the ambiance of Present Moment. The setting was a huge part of the experience for me, but the setting was a moot point next to the people. Every guest was great, every conversation was meaningful, every employee was someone I would hang out with (from Armando the landscaper to Myra the roomkeeper to Juan Jesus at the bar and EVERYONE else), all of the masseuses - men and women - were beautiful, skilled, charismatic, professional, amiable, open, and quickly became my friends. The classes were great, the massages were otherworldly (my 86 year old grandfather got 2 Thai Massages from Natalie), and the Reiki treatment I received expanded my mind for good (Thanks Emily!).

The highlight amongst everyone was CJ. CJ, who is my cousin, is the personification of Present Moment. Her ambiance saturates the entire resort with openness, peacefulness, perspective, beauty, and joy.

Tom is the man at the wheel. I can't even think about Tom without being impressed. I could go on about his great qualities, but I will simply say that he is an amazing person to be around, or even to hear about. While I was in Troncones, he was spending a lot of time working on the expansion of Present Moment in Zerohuan (? I'm not sure about the spelling), but the time we did spend together was great. He took me to the new development and showed me around, and it looks amazing. Definitely keep an eye on the website for when it opens up. I'm happy to have such an amazing person for a friend. (by the way, Tom wrote the menu, on which everything is fantastic)

I would recommend staying at Present Moment to literally anyone. It's known, among other things, for the quality of the Yoga Classes, but it doesn't matter whether you do yoga, it is impossible to not feel great at Present Moment. You can lay on the beach and relax, eat great food, talk to great people, get massages, surf, climb mountains, go boogie boarding, swim, ride horses on the beach... the list goes on, and if it's not on the list of activities they provide for you, they know how to get you what you want anyway, just ask (Jessica is amazing). Go to Present Moment. You will never regret it.

• Stayed March 2009
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2009

Staying at Pleasant Moment Retreat was an exceptional experience. We enjoyed the classes of yoga, Nia and QiGong, but most of all we enjoyed the personal interest that the staff had in us. I have difficulties with my diet and the staff took extra care of me. The waves are awe inspiring. I could watch them all day! There is an intimate atmosphere that allows you to be alone or to meet and spend time with the other guests. You are accepted as you are and a week here is like month anywhere else!
Sue and John Twiggs

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2009

I spent 17 days at Present Moment resort in Trocones Mexico. I went with the intention of relaxing and fostering a spirtual, physical and mental renewal. The surroundings absolutely provided a background for this rewarding journey. Tom and CJ ,the proprietors of this oasis, ensure that the guest needs are met with attention to every detail. CJ's calm and gentle approach to management is evident in her thoughtful and effective communiation style. It is equally clear to see that Tom is instrumental in the logistics of running a sucessful vacation destination. Truly they are the ying and yang of Present Moment. Tom continually worked to ensure that the beauty of Present Moment was unobstructed in his tireless effort to maintain a perfect visual. I took from this vacation the spirtual, physical and mental renewal I was seeking. My sincerest thanks to CJ, Tom and their entire staff.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#13 of 80 in Zihuatanejo
Troncones Point Hostel
Troncones Point Hostel
#1 of 11 in Troncones

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!