“food tsty but palapa rooms are ordinary and can be loud”

Present Moment Retreat
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Troncones
palo alto
“food tsty but palapa rooms are ordinary and can be loud”
Reviewed 19 November 2009

would rather be down the beach at eden on manzinillo bay quiter and much better beach
cool place but way $$$$ restaurant hopping lively noisy glad wasnt sleeping near it
sweet dharma vibe:)

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank travelslotsPaloAlto
natureboy56, owner at Present Moment Retreat, responded to this review, 2 December 2009
Thank you, Travleslots, for your kind and positve comments regarding our 'tasty food' and 'sweet dharma groove'. In order to create fine cuisine, it is necessary to purchase the heathiest, freshest foods available in the marketplace; which is exactly what we do. We have built a wonderful reputation for serving the most delicious and beautifully presented meals in the area; however it was never our intention to be the cheapest. Due to the popularity of our restaurant, we can attract a crowd of fun loving clients who are here on holiday to celebrate and enjoy life...we say the more the merrier. Most hours of the day we are an extremely quiet and peaceful yoga retreat, but when our guests like to laugh, dance and enjoy themselves, we encourge their opportunity to live it up and let loose!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
albuquerque NM
Reviewed 2 November 2009

Stayed at the end of AUG and booked a 7 day package. Had to leave 1/2 way through.
The yin yoga & chi gung/tai chi was wonderful & held in a lovely open air pavillion over-looking the sea- but I couldn't keep up with the Vinyasa flow. The food was excellent, though dinner not included and quite expensive. Little air movement in the open-air room, even with fan on & overall too hot & sweating all the time. Pool is small & only to splash in- could not do laps. Beach out front is rocky and one needs to walk up 1/4 mi to swim without rocks. Since I Was a solo traveler I did not feel safe swimming alone, away from everything and so missed lots of ocean time. Also got bug bites overnight in my room. Some lovely attributes but soime real drawbacks. Feel this retreat is very overpriced.

4 Thank io_eleusis
We appreciate your positive comments regarding our wonderful Qigong and Taichi classes, and the fact that you enjoyed our 'excellent' cuisine. We were a bit confused by your overall review; however, as after you checked out and went to a less expensive hotel in the area, you quickly returned to Present Moment to purchase a 10 class pass, and then came daily to take classes, swim in our pool and eat in our restaurant. We have never claimed to be the lowest priced establishment on the beach, as we strive for the finest standard in food, classes and service. The charm of our resort is that the lines between the indoors and outdoors are blurred, creating the most natural Pacific Coast experience possible. We do have luxury bedding and 5 star lanscaping, but we opted for an open air theme over standard air conditioning. All ocean beaches fall under the 'swim at your own risk' category, and we caution all guests to take on that challenge based upon their experience. Finally, as anyone can see from our website home page, our pool is far from a 'splash pool' and is actually the centerpiece of our property. You might have checked out early, but in fact you were here daily; laughing, smiling and mingling with our staff and guests. Your review was a shock to all, as we did our utmost to serve and please you.
Reviewed 23 September 2009

I don't usually take the time to write reviews but I feel I need to re-confirm all the positive reviews written online. This place IS truly magical. The owner and staff are exceptional and make you feel right at home. The food is to die for and leaves you looking forward to your next meal. The retreat itself is beautiful and serene and feels like a hidden paradise. More importantly, this place exudes positive energy. Everyone I met, including all the guests, were genuine souls who really had a zest and appreciation for all good things in life. I left not only rejuvenated and motivated but made some amazing new friends. Thanks CJ and Staff!

1 Thank Elzio C
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 11 September 2009

I stayed at Present Moment in the middle of the summer. The flowers were all in bloom-complete with hummingbirds. It is truly lovely! The bungalows form a semi-circle with a perfect sized pool in the middle. The yoga platform overlooks the ocean with the open air restaurant right next to it. I loved staying here.

I had never travelled solo but really needed to get away. This was the perfect spot on the planet to escape to! I was so warmly welcomed when I arrived. It was like going home! CJ (a co-owner) met me and immediately began introducing me to the staff while giving me a tour around. Within 30 minutes of being there she taught the most amazing yoga class. I joined in and the rest of my 5 night visit was ideal.

All of the staff are very kind and loving. They are professional yet in the most laid-back cool way. Any of the classes they teach are excellent. The restaurant staff are very efficient and the best food is ready for you in a matter of minutes. This is an intimate setting yet there is an attitude which allows you to join in or take as much space and alone time as you want. It felt as though the guest who were there were meant to share the space together at that particular time.

The bugalows are so comfortable with an incredible design and the bathroom and shower area is perfect. I adore this place. There is a very pleasant vibe here. Nothing is demanded of you and everyone is there to be helpful and caring. On a Saturday evening a local group of musicians played in the restaurant area and the music was excellent. If your heart, body and soul is needing some rest and beauty then please give yourself this gift. I am so thankful I found my way here. Namaste!

1 Thank michelecolorado
Reviewed 11 August 2009

I went to Present Moment on the spur of the moment, totally frazzled and stressed to the max. This place was the perfect antidote - the location was amazing, the food wonderful, the yoga and other classes were just what I needed. I found CJ and the staff to be incredibly supportive, there when you needed them but never intrusive. I left more in touch with my heart and with a much clearer head - and I still smile when I think of the experience. I will definitely be back...

• Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
Oregon
Reviewed 5 August 2009

My husband and I were in search of a true vacation retreat. We went online and searched yoga and mexico and found Present Moment. We hardly believed the pictures were real, but emailed, called and inquired with owners CJ and Tom. They were very friendly and assured us the photos were real. Once we arrived, everything surpassed our expectations! The rooms, the food, the yoga, the hospitality, the warmth, it was all true relaxation and restoration to our being. The staff treated us like family. With so few rooms, the intimacy of the resort is amazing. You can be at peace on your own or get to know folks in a warm and casual way. The rooms were well appointed and we loved the openness to ocean sounds and breeze. We also enjoyed the little patios to sit and read. The sweet pool was quiet and relaxed, the ocean beautiful and wide open free of high rises and crowds. The energy and intention of the staff, is amazing. From the yoga teachers to the cooks and waiters, everyone wants the guests to find peace in the present moment. And we did, and you can and will.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OregonYogaTraveler
denver
Reviewed 27 July 2009

What a perfect week of total relaxation and healing. If you are looking for a place to go and be treated with love, kindness, compassion and total nurturing to reconnect with yourself and your spirit.......this is definitely the place. Everyone, and I mean everyone, who was on staff from the owner to the gardeners, was respectful and compassionate towards all who were there.
The classes were awesome and the instructors are very compassionate and patient with those of us that were "newby's " to the yoga world. The massages were exceptional and various modalities were offered.
The energy was perfect, the location, remote and the food was healthy,fresh and excellent. Loved staying in my hut and the feeling of being out doors, hearing the ocean and natures sounds.
It's one of those places that even the people who were staying there, were the right people for the moment.
This is definitely someplace I will be returning to on a regular basis as by the time I left, I felt like family. Namaste to those of you that hold the space at Present Moment.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank DenverSaralee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
Gamma de Fiesta Inn Plaza Ixtapa
Troncones Point Hostel
Troncones Point Hostel
#1 of 10 in Troncones

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!