“Treat yourself---you're worth it and so is Present Moment!”

Present Moment Retreat
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Troncones
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Ahhhhhh- Present Moment is the perfect setting for a yoga retreat!
I just had an incredibly blissful week of yoga, sun, fun, and good people! Nothing like sleeping in an open air bungalow, listening to the waves come and go. Doing yoga morning and evening on a beautiful wooden platform overlooking the ocean and swimming in the surf in the afternoon!
The staff is so warm and accommodating. Everyone introduces themselves to you. CJ, the owner, spoke to our group the first night and I knew we were all at a special place. Emily, the wellness counselor (and massage therapist) is awesome.
The food is EXCELLENT---esp the flaxseed bread and the eggs florentine! The Rehydrate drink is totally refreshing. The wait staff are so sweet.
The Serenity Room is really lovely with views of the ocean (the only bungalow that is on the 'second floor'). The furniture and decor is very high-end with beautiful locally hand crafted pillow cases and rustic antiques, and a candelabra. The Blue Moon ceremony was so special. The Tuesday Movie night was such a treat.
Quite honestly, everything about this place is extra special. For a New Yorker that's used to having just about everything within a 2 mile radius, Troncones' Present Moment is an impressive enriching vacation....dare I say the best vacation?! I can't wait to treat myself again!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank winterbriana

Reviewed 10 January 2010

I have been to a lot of retreats & this one was wonderful for me. Well Esalen in Big Sur and Ananda in Italy have great settings. But Present Moment is unlike other retreats which can be kinda self conscious and stiff to me. Other retreats often have a specific or exclusionary spiritual point of view. The setting at Present Moment is great - turn off of a rural Mexican road and the go along the beach to a setting of palapas by the Pacific. Not pretentious, not Ashram austerity. Quiet days, great yoga classes. You don't have to get up at the crack of dawn. No religious overlay but a spiritual sensibility of allowing your self to get back to you. The name fits well " Present Moment". I recommend it especially for those of us who work hard and need a little inspiration and peace and bodywork and playfulness to return to ourselves. There is a sense of levity: people can chose from moving meditation, massage, body work, or Mojitos. Or best of all indulge in them all. The bodyworkers are amazing. I had 3 kinds of treatments - each different and releasing. Some of the rooms can be noisy briefly in the evenings if there are extra people around the restaurant. But if people weren't having fun it wouln't be the same. Ask for a room that tends to be in the quiter area. The food is very good, especially for a retreat. Meals can be enjoyed with others or just as comfortably alone. The beach is wonderful to me the sound of the Pacific surf and rock formations add to the calming and energizing quality.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank vajrayogini_FL
Reviewed 2 January 2010

The Present Moment Retreat is one of the most special places I have been fortunate enough to visit. From the first day I arrived, I was blessed with a glorious sunset... and the days that followed were even better.

Some of the best nights sleeps I have had were under the roofs of those beautiful bungalows with the waves crashing at the shore lulling me to sleep.

The staff is like family and they take care of you like you are one of their own, right from the start.

The connections I made at the Present Moment will last a lifetime. It's a magical meeting place where synchronicity is at it's best.

The Present Moment is a blessed experience.. a place for rest, relaxation and love.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank pilarrgh
Reviewed 10 December 2009

CJ and crew have created a most healthy, welcoming, loving space on a beautiful beach in Mexico. There's no shortage of things to do, but what I recommend the most is doing nothing. If you do want to get your body moving, the yoga classes are amazing. When you're tired of moving your body, the restaurant is top notch. I never felt the need to leave the retreat to find a meal. I thought I was going to stay for a week or ten days and ended up staying a month and never got tired of the food or the yoga. I can't wait to get back to Present Moment and hug all of the friends I made while I was there.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank Vientito
Reviewed 9 December 2009

We had an amazing two weeks of beach walks,surfing, gorgeous fresh food, top notch yoga and spa treatments and the warmest hospitality you could imagine. There is just enough going on at night...live music, dancing, but no pressure to do do anything and best of all, you can spend the entire time barefoot or in flip flops. The last time we were there Tom and CJ created a beautiful lobster dinner on the beach for us, complete with tiki torches and candles...it was divine and so romantic! Present moment is a casual yet luxurious environment where you really get a chance to be yourself. We were sad to leave and plan on spending a significant amount of time there this winter.
Giuliana, owner of The Juicy Naam East Hampton, NY

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2009

would rather be down the beach at eden on manzinillo bay quiter and much better beach
cool place but way $$$$ restaurant hopping lively noisy glad wasnt sleeping near it
sweet dharma vibe:)

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelslotsPaloAlto
natureboy56, owner at Present Moment Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2009

Thank you, Travleslots, for your kind and positve comments regarding our 'tasty food' and 'sweet dharma groove'. In order to create fine cuisine, it is necessary to purchase the heathiest, freshest foods available in the marketplace; which is exactly what we do. We have built a wonderful reputation for serving the most delicious and beautifully presented meals in the area; however it was never our intention to be the cheapest. Due to the popularity of our restaurant, we can attract a crowd of fun loving clients who are here on holiday to celebrate and enjoy life...we say the more the merrier. Most hours of the day we are an extremely quiet and peaceful yoga retreat, but when our guests like to laugh, dance and enjoy themselves, we encourge their opportunity to live it up and let loose!

Reviewed 2 November 2009

Stayed at the end of AUG and booked a 7 day package. Had to leave 1/2 way through.
The yin yoga & chi gung/tai chi was wonderful & held in a lovely open air pavillion over-looking the sea- but I couldn't keep up with the Vinyasa flow. The food was excellent, though dinner not included and quite expensive. Little air movement in the open-air room, even with fan on & overall too hot & sweating all the time. Pool is small & only to splash in- could not do laps. Beach out front is rocky and one needs to walk up 1/4 mi to swim without rocks. Since I Was a solo traveler I did not feel safe swimming alone, away from everything and so missed lots of ocean time. Also got bug bites overnight in my room. Some lovely attributes but soime real drawbacks. Feel this retreat is very overpriced.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
4  Thank io_eleusis

We appreciate your positive comments regarding our wonderful Qigong and Taichi classes, and the fact that you enjoyed our 'excellent' cuisine. We were a bit confused by your overall review; however, as after you checked out and went to a less expensive hotel in the area, you quickly returned to Present Moment to purchase a 10 class pass, and then came daily to take classes, swim in our pool and eat in our restaurant. We have never claimed to be the lowest priced establishment on the beach, as we strive for the finest standard in food, classes and service. The charm of our resort is that the lines between the indoors and outdoors are blurred, creating the most natural Pacific Coast experience possible. We do have luxury bedding and 5 star lanscaping, but we opted for an open air theme over standard air conditioning. All ocean beaches fall under the 'swim at your own risk' category, and we caution all guests to take on that challenge based upon their experience. Finally, as anyone can see from our website home page, our pool is far from a 'splash pool' and is actually the centerpiece of our property. You might have checked out early, but in fact you were here daily; laughing, smiling and mingling with our staff and guests. Your review was a shock to all, as we did our utmost to serve and please you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#9 of 23 in Ixtapa
Las Brisas Ixtapa
Las Brisas Ixtapa
#7 of 23 in Ixtapa

Been to Present Moment Retreat? Share your experiences!