“A tropical paradise”
Review of Casa Las Piedras

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Troncones
Casa Las Piedras
Ranked #5 of 15 Troncones B&B and Inns
Boston, Ma
“A tropical paradise”
Reviewed 12 June 2008

A beautiful home in a stunning location. The architecture is fabulous and takes full advantage of the proximity to the ocean and the natural,tropical setting. Private and tranquil with wonderful and helpful on-site staff (the cook is amazing!!). We enjoyed our stay so much we booked again for next year.
I would agree with a previous review that a seperate refrigerator for guests might be a good addition...otherwise I can't think of a single recommendation to improve this property.

Stayed February 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
CA
Reviewed 30 May 2008

We enjoyed our stay enormously. It was a dream come true....we will never forget how magical our experience was. The managers at Casa de las Piedras are very nice and helpful. They made the stay wonderful.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
Berkeley, CA
Reviewed 30 May 2008

I stayed at Casa Las Piedras for 4 nights last fall and had such an incredible time. It was such a wonderful place to stay, and I was just thinking of returning again later this year. The property is gorgeous - it looks nice in the photos on their website, but nothing could prepare me for the striking architecture with natural materials and such beautiful workmanship. There are high, airy ceilings with lots of natural light and a sea breeze streaming through from the beachfront.

The housekeepers were very friendly and the breakfasts were yummy. Local specialties (such as huevos rancheros with homemade tortillas) were delicious, but they also had the tastiest homemade granola as well as the best oatmeal I've ever had. I never thought of oatmeal as something that can be delicious, but the breakfast at Casa Las Piedras showed me that it really can be!

There were other guests at the B&B when I stayed there, including one group returning for their third visit. They were friendly but I felt that I had my privacy as well.

I read the previous reviews and wanted to address two points. First of all, the rooms all have safes/lockboxes - I asked about this specifically before booking, and I used the safe in my suite. Also, charging $1 per beer or bottled water is hardly expensive - that is completely standard in Troncones. I once stayed at another resort on the beach and their prices for drinks and food were a little more expensive.

In summary, the most amazing thing about Casa Las Piedras was the stunning architecture and the yummy breakfasts. The pool was also nice and the beach views are terrific - I enjoyed watching the sunset from the beach patio. I had a really unbelievable experience on the beach - I was lucky enough to watch a sea turtle laying eggs! It was unbelievable. I hope to return soon.

• Liked — incredible architecture and gorgeous beach views
  • Disliked — no jacuzzi
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
CA
Reviewed 29 May 2008

I am not a huge fan of Mexico in general. But a friend of mine told me about this place and convinced me to go. And I'm so glad I did! I was THRILLED!! I fell in love with Casa Las Piedras!! It is exquisite and beautiful! I can't say enough about how wonderful it was. The Inn is simply g o r g e o u s. It is magnificently decorated, tasteful and lovely. The open air showers are wonderful - such a unique experience - very serene and tranquil while at the same time a little daring! The location of the Inn couldn't be better. It is strategically placed on an outward curve of the beach where there are some rocks that the waves break over to give an ever changing concert of beauty, spray, and natural tranquility. A few steps in either direction and you are strolling in the soft incredible sand that stretches on and on. But because of the location Casa Las Piedras has more privacy than other places along the beautiful beach. The view at the Inn couldn't be more breathtaking! The service was first class. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The cleanliness was excellent. The rooms were fabulous. We met some fascinating new friends. There are so many wonderful activities close at hand. I will be visiting again and again and again!!! I highly recommend this exquisite and peaceful "piece of heaven" to anyone.

• Liked — The Atmosphere.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
U.S.
Reviewed 18 May 2008

Casa Las Piedras is a beautiful property with a well designed lodging facility, lovely pool & gardens, and a good location. Breakfast is generous and delicious.

However, the attention to details is lacking that one would expect for this price. Most importantly, they should provide safes or lockboxes in guest rooms for valuables. Fortunately, our belongings were safe while we stayed there, but it's no fun to be anxious in paradise.

Also, while the open air showers make for a wonderful bathing experience, they would be better with a good screen to keep bugs, bats, and frogs out of the bathroom. Ask some questions before making your reservation.

• Liked — The pool, gardens, and tranquility
  • Disliked — The lack of security
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Vacationinparadise, owner at Casa Las Piedras, responded to this review, 30 May 2008
Dear Guests,
As the owner of this property, I would like to respond to this review.
I thank them for appreciating the facility and the breakfast.
I would like to note that we pride ourselves on the details, and it would have been nice to hear what they meant with a personal note to me. Certainly, I would have made sure to resolve any complaints they may have had for future guests.
I would like to make note that we do have lockboxes and have made a point to mention it in the sheet with information, which we provide in every room.
And yes, it is not fun to have to worry about your belongings. Why did they not ask our housekeepers about that? Our housekeepers are alwayes on the property.
The beach is very safe, and again, I am so sorry that these guests were not informed.
About the frogs and little creeters, we are in a tropical paradise, where little animals do creep out at times.
The bathrooms happen to be one of the most enjoyed part of the property by 99.9 percent of the guests.
Please ask us many questions before coming, and you will be most amazed once you get here.

Wellington, Florida
Reviewed 24 January 2008

We stayed here just after the Christmas holiday and over New Year's. It is a nice house, very clean, very modern, right on the beach. The suite on the upper level is incredible, the others are less incredible but still very nice. The pool is small, and just "ok." The staff is fine. My only real complaint is that is was way overpriced for what it is. It was nice, yes, but they charge extra for everything, beer and water were $1, using the laundry was extra, and we had the staff cook for us one night and they charged $20 per person for chile rellenos! I felt a little nickled and dimed. There are other, "just as nice" properties near here that don't charge for every little thing. We had to use the same refrigerator to keep our food as the staff kept the food for breakfast, and we were "reprimanded" for accidentally eating some fruit that we thought was ours, but was actually for breakfast. It was not a very good system. They should have a separate refrigerator for guests.

All in all, not bad, but not outstanding, either.

• Liked — Great layout of the house, very clean
  • Disliked — Too expensive for what it is
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vacationinparadise, Owner at Casa Las Piedras, responded to this review, 30 May 2008
As the owner of this property, I was flabergasted to hear that these guests were charged for water. They must have confused us with another place.
We perovide water in each room, in a jug as well as in the main areas of the villa.
As far as the beer is concerned, I do not know of anyplace you can get free beer, and at $1 at that.
The chille renos take almost all day to prepare and the charge includes the whole meal, including the drink.
Again, I wonder if they are confusing us with another property.
Alberta
Reviewed 4 March 2007

We stayed at this lovely B&B for only two nights but it was wonderful. We had the Calla Lily Room and have never experienced a shower like this room had. The whole house is beautiful - better than the web site shows. Breakfast was always good, the room extremely clean, and the pool just perfect. It is located midway on Troncones beach so you can walk either way to restaurants. It is directly on the beach and the beach must be seen to be believed. We moved to Posada de los Roqueros for two nights and it could not hold a candle to this B&B.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
The Inn at Manzanillo Bay
#1 of 10 in Troncones
Tronco Bay Inn Resort
Tronco Bay Inn Resort
#14 of 15 in Troncones

Been to Casa Las Piedras? Share your experiences!