“Lovely house, excellent service, amazing ocean view”
Review of Casa Las Piedras

Casa Las Piedras
Ranked #5 of 15 Troncones B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This house is excellent value for a family beach holiday. The house is very spacious. We were 14 people including my siblings, parents, spouses, children, and even a friend of one of my nephews. It did not feel crowded at all. The stay includes an excellent breakfast with fresh fruit and delicious food. The swimming pool is lovely. The local restaurants (changarros) are fantastic, particularly mariscadas in the various places at the end of the road. Very friendly staff taking care of the house. The only possible drawback is that the beach immediately outside of the property is not swimmable, but it is easy to swim in the ocean not far away. I highly recommend this for relaxing resort-free Mexican experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carlos S

Reviewed 15 April 2013

This was our fifth visit to Troncones, staying at different places each time. The stay at Casa Las Piedras was outstanding. We were three families - six adults and five kids from 4 to 9 years old - and we occupied the 3 ground floor rooms. All the spaces are more than adequate and well decorated and the kids really enjoyed the swimming pool, even though it might have been a little bigger for so many people.
The meals prepared by Anai, the chef/housekeeper, were fabulous and the portions huge. We ate exclusively fish and seafood, which was freshly caught and great value for money. We think that the cost of the rooms is justified by the privacy and exclusivity afforded by this B&B experience in Troncones, which is very hard to find anywhere. Even travelling over the Easter school vacations we found the beach to be pretty much deserted and enjoyed walking down to the pueblo for some delicious pescadillas in between meals at the casa, boogie boarding in the shallow surf and hunting for pebbles in the rock pools.
Nice to see that the access road is being paved, which can be problematic in the rainy season. We will return yet again without a doubt.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I am 16 years old, and I stayed at Casa for a week during spring break with my family. The food is DELICIOUS, by far the best mexican food I have ever tasted (inside and outside Mexico). There is a nice family breakfast every morning with some type of fruit juice, yogurt, granola, sliced fruits, and a main dish- everything homemade. It's such a perfect way to start off the day, especially while enjoying the gorgeous view of the garden and ocean behind it. After breakfast, the late mornings of my days consisted of poolside tanning, and relaxing. In the afternoons we went into the town in Troncones and got lunch at different places each day. In the evenings we spent more time swimming, walking the beach right outside the back doors, and relaxing some more on the living room couch- big enough to fit the whole family. Dinner was again home cooked and always a different wonderful meal. Again, a nice way to close off the day before we went to our beautifully decorated rooms, always with beds made, and flowers from the garden tucked next to pillows, and on the sides of curtains. One of my favorite parts of the stay- second to the food- was going to sleep listening to the waves of the ocean crash outside on the beach- so relaxing and such a nice way to fall asleep. As a teenager, this place is perfect for a family trip because it gives you family time during meals and whenever else you want, but also you can have time to yourself any time by sitting in the hammock or watching the ocean from the pool. I highly recommend this resort, great experience, one of my favorite vacations by far.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We stayed at Casa with our extended family the second week of January. I love Troncones, it is a calm little fishing village with one dirt road through town. Exactly what I wanted after a busy holiday season. Casa de las Piedras was perfect for our family of 9: my parents, three grown children with their spouses, and one small grandchild. We rented the entire house, so during the day we would all go do our own thing, horseback riding, surfing, beach walk to a nearby hotel restaurant for lunch, or beach walk to yoga at the local yoga retreat. Then all would meet back up to cook dinner and play cards, swim, and celebrate the amazing sunsets in the evenings. Anai the caretaker made us amazing breakfast each morning and was very helpful in letting us know where to go and what to do.
Things to know:
-The beach immediately in front of the home is rocky, but a 5 minute walk gets you to a smooth, sandy spot perfect for wading out or building sandcastles.
-The house does not have air conditioning, at night the bedrooms stayed cool with the breeze coming in off the ocean. During the day bedrooms can be a bit warm.
-The ocean is in close proximity to the house, so it took a few nights to get used to the sound of the waves crashing at night.
-Beds are very firm and pillow selection is minimal. We always take our own pillows and were glad we did. This would be the only improvement I would suggest the owners could make.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2013 via mobile

We renting the entire house (9 total, including a three year old)! My family and I experienced many new things from releasing sea turtles into the sea, riding horses along the beach, art at beachside and much more. My three year old loved this place! The community was safe and friendly. If you want to experience Mexican culture this is the place to be. The concierge of Anne, Jasmine and Jorge is the best I have ever had. They were fun to be around and had great recommendations for things to do. My family and I return someday without a doubt.
-Joy-

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We had a very very happy vacation,
(I met there with my mom, father in law my brother's family and my sister's family after a long time…) also we celebrated my youngest son's 10th birthday!
we had a “lunada” in the beach that made it so special… the milky way ceiling lighten us!
“Las Piedras” is a such beautiful house, one of the nicest built along the beach,
(every room and coach have the nicest oceanic view and brisa!)
Every detail is perfect such as the time you pass in it,

Anahi and her family are such a lovely family, they made all our wishes come true !
…they all are sweet and helpfull people.

We met your friend Natalie, and with her massages and oil help us healing our bruises, she is a wonderful human being. I met many people in Troncones, and everyone is “Las Piedras Friend”, and helps you around.

We are in love with Las Piedras and with Troncones, we wish to come back soon!

best regards
PD Last Sunday we went to Fernando Botero's art exhibition in Mexico City, there, we met the fat latin couple that is dancing the “danzon” in the master suite! And we also met all their friends, I really recommend this exhibition to you.

Here some photos…

Room Tip: every room is nice, buuut the upper suite and bathroom are great. ...taking a bath in the night w...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed at Casa las Piedras for a week and held our wedding on the beach. The property has an amazing view of the beach and is very close to nearby restaurants and hotels in Troncones. Highly recommended as a vacation or wedding destination!

Room Tip: The room on the first floor is the most spacious
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troncones
Lo Sereno Casa de Playa
#3 of 8 in Troncones
Tronco Bay Inn Resort
Tronco Bay Inn Resort
#15 of 15 in Troncones

Been to Casa Las Piedras? Share your experiences!