“Dream Week at Casa Piedras”
Review of Casa Las Piedras

Casa Las Piedras
Ranked #7 of 15 Troncones B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 September 2008

My daughter and I stayed at Casa Piedras this past July- Casa Piedras surpassed our wildest imagination in every respect. With panoramic vistas of the ocean from each of its rooms, the tasteful villa is open to lush gardens and appointed with colorful local art .

As magnificent as the surroundings were, by far the most memorable part of the trip was the genuine hospitality of the staff and management.

We were treated to unsurpassed, fresh local cuisine which was always presented with great style.

Casa Piedras is perfection!!!!!

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank popcornWashington

Reviewed 20 August 2008

My visit with girlfriends to Casa Las Piedras was an absolute dream. We booked the entire home and were able to enjoy every comfort the beautiful villa offered. High on the list of favorites are the breathtaking views from every vantage point -- from the yoga/meditation pavillion perched just above the surf, from the comfortable overstuffed sofa that overlooks the tranquil infinity pool and the lush gardens beyond, and best of all, the outdoor shower that combines privacy with an unexpected vast openness. The rooms were all very comfortable and there was plenty of space for both congregating with friends and reading a book in peace.

Another must-mention is Anai, the house manager and chef par excelence! Anai prepared traditional Mexican meals for us daily and each dining experience surpassed the one before. Fresh fruits and juices abounded, many from the villa's own gardens, which are expertly maintained by Anai and her husband, Jorge. Anai's guacamole, salsa fresca and fish tacos are incomparable. And everything is served with a beautiful smile and a warm graciousness that demonstrates Anai's love for Casa Las Piedras and its guests. As an additional bonus, Anai functions as an expert concierge -- she arranged myriad activities for us from horseback riding (horses were brought to the beach just outside the garden) to manicures, hair braiding, meals in local restaurants, kayaking and hiking guided adventures, and a day long outing to Zihjatanejo (spelling??). Having a local resident make these arrangements assured that everything went smoothly and we were able to enjoy our activities without the stress of organizing everything.

A note to summer travelers: come prepared with mosquito repellent and soothing after-bite lotions to apply for those pesky insects that penetrate the deet barrier! The weather was humid and hot, so we spent most of the time in bathing suits, dipping in and out of the pool often to cool off.

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank sweetshoshi
Reviewed 12 June 2008

A beautiful home in a stunning location. The architecture is fabulous and takes full advantage of the proximity to the ocean and the natural,tropical setting. Private and tranquil with wonderful and helpful on-site staff (the cook is amazing!!). We enjoyed our stay so much we booked again for next year.
I would agree with a previous review that a seperate refrigerator for guests might be a good addition...otherwise I can't think of a single recommendation to improve this property.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed 30 May 2008

We enjoyed our stay enormously. It was a dream come true....we will never forget how magical our experience was. The managers at Casa de las Piedras are very nice and helpful. They made the stay wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2008

I stayed at Casa Las Piedras for 4 nights last fall and had such an incredible time. It was such a wonderful place to stay, and I was just thinking of returning again later this year. The property is gorgeous - it looks nice in the photos on their website, but nothing could prepare me for the striking architecture with natural materials and such beautiful workmanship. There are high, airy ceilings with lots of natural light and a sea breeze streaming through from the beachfront.

The housekeepers were very friendly and the breakfasts were yummy. Local specialties (such as huevos rancheros with homemade tortillas) were delicious, but they also had the tastiest homemade granola as well as the best oatmeal I've ever had. I never thought of oatmeal as something that can be delicious, but the breakfast at Casa Las Piedras showed me that it really can be!

There were other guests at the B&B when I stayed there, including one group returning for their third visit. They were friendly but I felt that I had my privacy as well.

I read the previous reviews and wanted to address two points. First of all, the rooms all have safes/lockboxes - I asked about this specifically before booking, and I used the safe in my suite. Also, charging $1 per beer or bottled water is hardly expensive - that is completely standard in Troncones. I once stayed at another resort on the beach and their prices for drinks and food were a little more expensive.

In summary, the most amazing thing about Casa Las Piedras was the stunning architecture and the yummy breakfasts. The pool was also nice and the beach views are terrific - I enjoyed watching the sunset from the beach patio. I had a really unbelievable experience on the beach - I was lucky enough to watch a sea turtle laying eggs! It was unbelievable. I hope to return soon.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2008

I am not a huge fan of Mexico in general. But a friend of mine told me about this place and convinced me to go. And I'm so glad I did! I was THRILLED!! I fell in love with Casa Las Piedras!! It is exquisite and beautiful! I can't say enough about how wonderful it was. The Inn is simply g o r g e o u s. It is magnificently decorated, tasteful and lovely. The open air showers are wonderful - such a unique experience - very serene and tranquil while at the same time a little daring! The location of the Inn couldn't be better. It is strategically placed on an outward curve of the beach where there are some rocks that the waves break over to give an ever changing concert of beauty, spray, and natural tranquility. A few steps in either direction and you are strolling in the soft incredible sand that stretches on and on. But because of the location Casa Las Piedras has more privacy than other places along the beautiful beach. The view at the Inn couldn't be more breathtaking! The service was first class. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The cleanliness was excellent. The rooms were fabulous. We met some fascinating new friends. There are so many wonderful activities close at hand. I will be visiting again and again and again!!! I highly recommend this exquisite and peaceful "piece of heaven" to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2008

Casa Las Piedras is a beautiful property with a well designed lodging facility, lovely pool & gardens, and a good location. Breakfast is generous and delicious.

However, the attention to details is lacking that one would expect for this price. Most importantly, they should provide safes or lockboxes in guest rooms for valuables. Fortunately, our belongings were safe while we stayed there, but it's no fun to be anxious in paradise.

Also, while the open air showers make for a wonderful bathing experience, they would be better with a good screen to keep bugs, bats, and frogs out of the bathroom. Ask some questions before making your reservation.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Vacationinparadise, owner at Casa Las Piedras, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2008

Dear Guests,
As the owner of this property, I would like to respond to this review.
I thank them for appreciating the facility and the breakfast.
I would like to note that we pride ourselves on the details, and it would have been nice to hear what they meant with a personal note to me. Certainly, I would have made sure to resolve any complaints they may have had for future guests.
I would like to make note that we do have lockboxes and have made a point to mention it in the sheet with information, which we provide in every room.
And yes, it is not fun to have to worry about your belongings. Why did they not ask our housekeepers about that? Our housekeepers are alwayes on the property.
The beach is very safe, and again, I am so sorry that these guests were not informed.
About the frogs and little creeters, we are in a tropical paradise, where little animals do creep out at times.
The bathrooms happen to be one of the most enjoyed part of the property by 99.9 percent of the guests.
Please ask us many questions before coming, and you will be most amazed once you get here.