“The BEST in the Bay!”
Review of Casa Manzanillo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Troncones
Casa Manzanillo
Ranked #8 of 15 Troncones B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Peaceful, tranquil...Casa Manzanillo. We were greeted by Carmen upon our arrival with cold beers and a tour of the hotel! Ferrar and Carmen were very hospitable and shared their local knowledge which added to our experience of Trocones and the surrounding communities. Breakfast was served daily by Jasmine with a smile, overlooking the Bay from the open-air restaurant balcony. Our room was spacious with a comfortable bed and cleaned daily. We were even treated with fresh cut flowers placed throughout our room! We enjoyed relaxing in the hammock on our balcony with a view. It was also nice to escape the heat in our air-conditioned room! Whether you are on a surf trip with a group of friends, a couple on a romantic getaway or a family looking to reconnect, we believe the staff at Casa Manzanillo will customize your stay to satisfy your needs. Thanks for an unforgettable vacation! We'll see you next year!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Casa Manzanillo

Reviewed 30 May 2010

Just returned from my second trip to Troncones and Casa Manzanillo. I was reminded why when I left last year all I thought about was going back. Great town wiht some great local restaurants. Farar the Casa Manzanillo manager is great to deal with and has great knowledge of the local area. The rooms were clean with great views of the bay. The pool overlooking the beach can't be beat. Fresh coffee and great breakfast cooked up by Jasmine with a smile what else could you ask for.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2010

If you're looking for a very commercial hotel, a time share style or a night-club-type atmosphere, then this is not the place for you. My husband and I went to Casa Manzanillo with two friends and experienced the most relaxing vacation. The rooms were pretty large (ours had a king size bed and a queen) and were very clean. The cleaning staff changed our sheets and cleaned our floors and bathroom every single day. They were impecable and I am pretty picky when it comes to cleanliness.
The Inn is located in Troncones which is about 40 minutes from Ixtapa. We had rented a car so it was pretty convenient for us to go places. I do recommend renting a car so you can go to the other Inns/restaurants. Along the dirt road, you'll find other Inns where you can either walk to from the beach or drive by car. Casa Manzanillo serves breakfast and lunch but is closed for dinner in the low season. The infinity pool is amazing, not to mention kept clean, thanks to the grounds keeper, Adrian who is a man of many talents. One morning I woke up to Adrian chopping down cocouts from the tree out front of our room. I asked him why he was chopping them down and he replied "For Coco Locos!"....great happy hour drink! If you want to go horse back riding you can; people come up to the Inn to ask if anyone is interested along with people selling crafts (jewlery, hammocks and clay plates).
The manager of the Inn is Farrar and his lovely wife Carmen makes a wicked margarita during happy hour. If you want private surf lessons or just getting advice on where to go surfing, Farrar is your guy. We stayed in Troncones for 1 full week and then drove into Ixtapa for 1 night. I've never truly felt as relaxed as I did on this trip. I was mentally ready to come back home and back to work. I would go back to Casa Manzanillo in a heart beat! Everyone there is so friendly and nice and you can't beat the sunny weather all the time!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roona13
Reviewed 9 May 2010

Great service, wonderful people, a perfect time on a perfect stretch of beautiful beach!
The surf is awesome and the sunset is to die for! I can't wait to come back some day! the bar under the palapa roof is sweet but watch out for the Tequilas! they can be pretty stiff!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2010

My friends and I stayed at Casa Manzanillo in the beginning of 2010. The staff was very accomodating. The included breakfast was way more than we expected. Full breakfsat bar and menu were all included with the price of our room! We enjoyed great waves on the point break right out front of the hotel and when the waves were smaller the manager, Farar, was kind enough to provide us with informatoin and directions to nearby surf in the area. There were so many options to choose from. I think you can almost always find surf in Troncones, regardless of the conditions!

I dare say they have the most impressive views of the sunsets and surf. Their bar was on the second floor overlooking the entire bay, and they were serving some POWERFUL margaritas, that went down smooth with the beautiful sunset views. The pool was, hands down, the best pool in town. We could just lounge in the pool while enjoying a guacamole and the view of the beach and waves! A perfect way to spend the afternoon!

I have been visiting Troncones for several years and this is the third time I have stayed at Casa manzaillo. I brought my wife and kids with me this time and they couldn't have been more happy. My wife took advantage of their "Spa Package" special which included 2 free massages, and my friends and I were able to take a free boat trip to some of the nieghboring surf spots; all included free with our reservation!

I highly recommend this place for surfers and their families!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigWaveTraveler
Reviewed 11 March 2010

If you are looking for big time nightlife, and the Four Seasons accomadations this is not the place for you.however if you are looking to get away , totally chill, with clean accomadations ,Waves breaking on rocks 200 yards from your room,great views of the bay this is it.We had 5 guys that basically had the place to ourselves.We surfed most of the day and took it easy most of the evening.Farar and his staff are terriffic.They were very accomadating, and always there to help.The food was terriffic, and the rooms were simple but nice, more importantly they all have air conditioning.Casa Manzanillo sits at the highest point on the bay and the views from the second floor where the bar and deck are located are tremendous, not to mention you are in the best spot for the sunsets.It also has a fantastic pool that looks over the entire bay.The bar at the hotel is always open and the great thing about CM is they have wifi.As far as surfing,if you don't want to surf the point break out in the bay there are plenty of options that are not far at all either by boat that the hotel will set up or you can drive.highly Recomend Casa Manzanillo.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KODAtlanta
Reviewed 18 February 2010

After reading some reviews here we decided to stay at casa manzanillo on our recent trip, and we are very glad we did. the location is the best in Troncones. at the end of the bay with a great view and away from the rest of the hotels. very private yet not far away. wake up and check the surf in the bay, then decide where to go surfing, if that's your thing. very nice grounds and very clean and comfortable. the pool is great, perfect for a dip after surfing or just to lounge around all day. they serve breakfast and lunch which is just right. when we ere there, they did not serve dinner, there was bar service on weekends with pizza on the menu. i guess some years they do dinner every day but i'm glad they didn't during our stay. you might have to take a little stroll to get dinner, but then again you don't have a bunch of other people rolling up in the evening to eat and make noise. no dinner service means much more chill and less people around. i'm sure some might prefer otherwise though. the manager is very easy going and accommodating, took me to a nice little spot for a surf. he's a good guy and makes sure your stay is a good one. killer sunsets. nice animals hanging around. safe spot where you don't have to worry. the only thing i would have liked would be a laminated list of recommended places to eat and other information in the room. it's always a nice thing to have. we are very happy we chose the Casa Manzanillo and will stay again when we return. for us, no need to look around for another option, this place was perfect.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple